Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5

SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. I haven't been around the community for years.

Has there been any rumors or speculation on the Sims 5 yet?

No offense to anyone intended, but I skipped Sims 4 because I'm just not interested in the Sims without a world creation tool, so I play older versions when I'm bored. Now that 4 has been out for so long and there's only about 4-5 years between the other versions, I'm wondering what's up with the next generation?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited August 2020
    Seamoan wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. I haven't been around the community for years.

Has there been any rumors or speculation on the Sims 5 yet?

No offense to anyone intended, but I skipped Sims 4 because I'm just not interested in the Sims without a world creation tool, so I play older versions when I'm bored. Now that 4 has been out for so long and there's only about 4-5 years between the other versions, I'm wondering what's up with the next generation?

Currently, there are two places you can post about The Sims 5: here in this section and also the TS4 rumors and speculation section. So you are in the right place!

They're making The Sims 5 definitely but I think they don't want to talk about it until maybe one or two months before release because if they announce it earlier than that, people will just stop buying TS4 stuff to wait and buy The Sims 5 instead. The SimGurus are even telling the TS4 fans that it still has mucho mucho years to go so that they'll keep buying its packs....

The Sims 5 is coming out much sooner than that!

• SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    They're making The Sims 5 definitely but I think they don't want to talk about it until maybe one or two months before release because if they announce it earlier than that, people will just stop buying TS4 stuff to wait and buy The Sims 5 instead. The SimGurus are even telling the TS4 fans that it still has mucho mucho years to go so that they'll keep buying its packs....

The Sims 5 is coming out much sooner than that!

Oh good. I'm glad to hear there's been some kind of confirmation on Sims 5. Thanks so much for the answer.

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited August 2020
    There is speculation, but no one has confirmed anything yet, people just guess based on job postings that could very well be for the sims 5 but cold also be for entirely new games. I would imagine it's coming myself, and if I were to guess I'd say in about 3-4 years. If you do a search there are plenty of speculation posts on these forums.

There are also articles about how the future of the sims will have more online multiplayer aspects of it, so it is assumed by most this is talking about the Sims 5, but that also is not confirmed and could be referring to some new feature of Sims 4 eventually, challenges etc.
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    edited August 2020
    @ClarionOfJoy That only comes to show how we are treated as kids by the Team, (Father Christmas and all that..."sweet little lies") The sims 3 had "mucho mas time" and they were in a hurry to stop creating for it and fixing it. And yet during this 6 years I have play it and hve more fun with it than ever and still not tired of it. As for the sims 4... well... the less said the better! (And I only started this February!)
    I hold no hope whatsoever for the sims 5. My money is ready to go to this other life simulation game come what might!
    (And that is when the sims 5 will be released!) So they will probably try to thwart Paralives...it ain't going to work EA >:)
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Omaira wrote: »
    @ClarionOfJoy That only comes to show how we are treated as kids by the Team, (Father Christmas and all that..."sweet little lies") The sims 3 had "mucho mas time" and they were in a hurry to stop creating for it and fixing it. And yet during this 6 years I have play it and hve more fun with it than ever and still not tired of it. As for the sims 4... well... the less said the better! (And I only started this February!)
    I hold no hope whatsoever for the sims 5. My money is ready to go to this other life simulation game come what might!
    (And that is when the sims 5 will be released!) So they will probably try to thwart Paralives...it ain't going to work EA >:)

EAxis should just concentrate on making The Sims 5 the best it can be and not cut corners, or be cheap and lazy about its development like with TS4. And they need to give up the idea of making it an online multiplayer game. Not every video game is well suited for that, ESPECIALLY life simulation games. They need to make it great like all the previous iteration before TS4.

I don't think they are in the position to try to thwart any competition - they opened that Pandora's box when they took the simming community for granted and did such a poor and lazy job on TS4. And continue to do so! I don't think they understand the outrage they've incurred developing and releasing a Star Wars game pack (which I personally like) instead of something that the community has been asking for - BEGGING FOR - for so many years. They're REALLY fed up!

At this point, since EAxis hasn't really been listening to the simming community, at all a lot of them are are no longer listening to EAxis, especially if EAxis should try to thwart any progress from the competition - that will just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 the community off and alienate them even more.

I still have hope that TS5 will be good, that TS4 is just a hiccup in the history of The Sims, but I really want the life simulation genre to expand and have many more great offerings. So we as the simming community should also do our best to continue to support and encourage ALL the life simulation games coming out. I'm going buy and play them all!

• OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy I so hope you are right about all the above points you mention. If there is a Sims 5 I will still buy it because I could never judge it without trying it myself. I did it with the sims 4. 20 minutes after starting to play I was falling asleep. Honestly! this was the base game back in 2014. I left it there and then, some yime later I added Get to Work when on the sales but could never bring myself to play it, by then toddlers had been added to the game. Then this past February just before lock down I finally decided to give it a good try. Bought a few more packs (again on the sales) and went for it.
    I rate it 10 out of 10 for getting me back to reading, knitting and crocheting plus real life gardening which I enjoy doing but with The Sims 3 clamoring for my attention I had somehow neglected.
    I managed to built a few lots after some mishaps and my sims planted many plants which I enjoyed. Realm of Magic is my favourite and I have some very powerful witches, Selvadorada is where I send my sims for money making (all those relics!)
    However all is bland, the skeletons are not scary like the mummies were (are) and all the sims do is chat and drink water, and of course take a leak! after all the water drinking.
    I now play without autonomy on, the water drinking has stopped, that is good. The gardening has been nearly ruined by Eco Life (I have not bought that pack, but the bugs have ruined part of the already wobbly experience) and now I am waiting for more bugs to be released with this Star Wars pack.
    The Future is Bright! B) So yes, EAsix needs competition big way!
    In the meantime I am off to Lunar Lakes and my favourite sim.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    No speculation outright but I do believe I read that in an official Sony future release list for the PS5 that it’s going to be one of the releases for the new console. It’s just a matter of when is what I don’t know. I could be wrong.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    They want people to not anticipate Sims 5 so that they keep buying packs.....then release packs that no one wants....
    I'm gonna keep playing 4 but I am very very eager to hear any official news on 5