March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yikes .... The Game Pack Trailer has more dislikes than likes

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,296 Member
    The Star Wars game pack is going to be one the best-selling game packs ever. o:)

I'm just now learning through this thread and another what the new GP is supposed to be. Me? While I was hoping for futuristic, Star Wars doesn't say that to me. I will hope to watch the trailer, though, just in case I see something far more enticing about it. I don't use the SWs stuff in the game as it is. I'm a Trekkie and that doesn't mean it's a rivalry thing, because I've seen a total of four Star Wars movies. The first three released in the 1970s and then one of the new ones. My bad. I was curious about how the Princess got involved with the person who ultimately became Darth Vader. What a mistake. Some of the WORST dialogue between two potential lovers I have ever seen. Oi! No wonder George Lucas' marriage failed. He's about as romantic as a fruit fly. After that I simply was so turned off of the series I won't watch it. Ever.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Good.

HAHAHAHA I can't. :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Isn't it a bit early to jump to conclusions?

~ 16 hours later ~

The number of dislikes is more than double the amount of likes. 54K dislikes compared to 26k likes. Initial impressions were accurate, this is the most poorly received DLC yet.

Best part is there’s no one in the office to deploy the like bots and the ratio is WAY too big to bounce back now. Within the next few days EA will delete this trailer and reupload it to reset the like:dislike and pretend like nothing ever happened.

That’s when we need to make sure to dislike it again
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    The one thing that makes me kind of mad (and I could be totally wrong) is that it looks like they invested way more money into this pack than others. That's just so unfair. Like did Disney throw money at them? Did EA think that because it would maybe pull in Star Wars fans into the Sims that they were willing to spend more money? It really frustrates and upsets me. The CAS items alone had to cost way more money than normal.

Why do you think that?? I see only recycled items and animations from Jungle Advdentures and Get Famous in the trailer.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Well, I'm honestly surprised... because even 'My First Pet' didn't receive a backlash this huge... don't get me wrong, the backlash was still big, but this is even worse... and it's delightful!

The fact that MFPS didn't receive this amount of hate it's very disappointing.

Actually IIRC they delisted the original upload of the MFPS trailer and reuploaded it, it got so badly downvoted

Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I woke up to see if the hate died down..
    Heck no WOW that dislike ratio.

I had 600 notifications when I woke up

I am also beginning to change my opinion, I was all for it yesterday but after watching videos etc. I can totally see why people are angry.
    I might not buy this afterall.

And all I can say...bring on TS5.
    I dunno, you were excited for the pack for a while. I know it deserves criticism, but I'd hate to see you miss out on something you like.

To be honest I am just conflicted...I don't know how I feel.

well its only 20 so if you might like it I say get it I'm not even a big star wars fan and I'm getting it its nice have something different
    and it has star wars stuff you really like in it you can still hope for sims 5 and enjoy this
    besides I'm sure there's an other pack coming sometime soon that you can truly dislike instead of only somewhat @KaeChan2089
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    I see recycled animation from RM, JA, and GF. I'm going to save my money I think. I wonder what glitches will be added to the ones that haven't been fixed yet. To bad you can't fly in the space craft. There are plenty of Star wars games out there. Hope you have fun to those who like it. May the force be with you. :)
  • VodkaVodka Posts: 25 Member
    As it should. In so many ways is it insulting.
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    I honestly think a space pack would of been better with just small references to Star Wars. But not a whole pack dedicated to the brand.

This. A space pack would have been way better (in theory) and much broader too. They could have expanded on the already existing aliens and they could have pulled more references from the vast amount of Sci-fi things they have. Star Wars as a pack is far too limiting for what it is and if I wanted to play Sims/Star Wars, I would have appreciated a standalone game where the Star Wars concept wouldn't get gimped into a measely 2-3hr achievement. I really don't know how nice a timeframe that is.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    The Herd Dislikes.
    Glad I'm not part of The Herd.

*happily flies off into the other direction*.

I never have followed the herd. The only way to survive happily is to avoid herds and have positive thoughts.

Mind you if it was a herd of cows in a Farming pack I'd be happy to milk them! o:)<3
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I am also beginning to change my opinion, I was all for it yesterday but after watching videos etc. I can totally see why people are angry.

I dunno, you were excited for the pack for a while. I know it deserves criticism, but I'd hate to see you miss out on something you like.

well its only 20 so if you might like it I say get it I'm not even a big star wars fan and I'm getting it its nice have something different
    and it has star wars stuff you really like in it you can still hope for sims 5 and enjoy this
    besides I'm sure there's an other pack coming sometime soon that you can truly dislike instead of only somewhat @KaeChan2089

:neutral: ?
    The one thing that makes me kind of mad (and I could be totally wrong) is that it looks like they invested way more money into this pack than others. That's just so unfair. Like did Disney throw money at them? Did EA think that because it would maybe pull in Star Wars fans into the Sims that they were willing to spend more money? It really frustrates and upsets me. The CAS items alone had to cost way more money than normal.

Why do you think that?? I see only recycled items and animations from Jungle Advdentures and Get Famous in the trailer.

It only has a bigger budget because Disney threw money at them.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member

It only has a bigger budget because Disney threw money at them.

Isn't that a good thing if they did have money thrown at them? Programmers might have slyly fixed some bugs with it as well.

If it is a success the next Expansion might be improved as well.

We ought to be grateful that Sims 4 has turned out a money winner as it looks as if a new Sims game is in the works. I hope they don't call it Sims 5 though. We wouldn't be getting that if Sims 4 failed as the CEO said something like that at the time Sims 4 came out.
  • SchlummikatzSchlummikatz Posts: 5 New Member
    I am so disappointed. I did not buy eco life and will not buy this star wars pack. My only hope is that EA will notice it financially.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I'm saying that you feel torn because you like star wars and thats ok and if you can find any joy in it get it
    and that there will likely be a pack down the line you don't have to feel torn about not getting
    in short come to the dark side we have cookies >:)
    @KaeChan2089
    more for sim kids and more drama please

I'm saying that you feel torn because you like star wars and thats ok and if you can find any joy in it get it
    and that there will likely be a pack down the line you don't have to feel torn about not getting
    in short come to the dark side we have cookies >:)
    @KaeChan2089

AH! Okay sorry...I've only had 3 hours sleep and my head wasn't making sense.
    lol!
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Maybe it is a sign that people are finally starting to wake up, though I doubt it will really change the way EA/Maxis operates. The company will devour itself, and take the Sims franchise down with it at this rate.
    Maybe it is a sign that people are finally starting to wake up, though I doubt it will really change the way EA/Maxis operates. The company will devour itself, and take the Sims franchise down with it at this rate.

It needed to happen a long time ago....:( People are realizing how I've felt like for years.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Negativity in YouTube comment sections? Balderdash, I've never heard of such a thing.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Isn't it wonderful that nobody is forced to buy the pack? B)
    Its also wonderful that we can voice our hate and disgust for this pack that should never have been made in the first place and also not buy it.

Fine it hilarious each and everytime people voice their disgust they are like "don't like it don't buy it."....geez.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Isn't it wonderful that nobody is forced to buy the pack? B)
    Its also wonderful that we can voice our hate and disgust for this pack that should never have been made in the first place and also not buy it.

Fine it hilarious each and everytime people voice their disgust they are like "don't like it don't buy it."....geez.

Deligracy did that and instantly deleted it due to the backlash she got even though she gets the packs for free :D
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited August 2020
    Everyone in the comments section now is spamming the same message of encouraging others to not buy the pack if they don't like it in an attempt to show EA they can't ignore us anymore.