Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Batuu - Share Your Sims, Builds, or Stories!

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

@LiELF , I may eventually create special sims after i get the pack, or just meet and play with the ones that will be walking round in Bantuu. I currently have 16 aliens, and 7 half aliens in my game. I'm sure they will enjoy traveling there. I am curious as to how many lots are on Bantuu. Maybe I can make one lot like a steampunk hotel with many amenities. That way they can hang out there longer, or bring a tent. Actually, make all the lots steampunk, which I will find on the gallery! <3 Most of my builds are from the gallery and my co-worker.

I already use the first set of Star Wars skins in my game. The darth mauls work at the vampire restaurant, the Luke skywalkers are at the alien restaurant, and so forth. A few pics, some are pretty old.

50281417307_2ab5ef082f_k.jpg

50281258641_173695527e_k.jpg

40449845853_cc515910f2_k.jpg

27571058814_6fcb9f8a0f_h.jpg

This pirate family loves collecting things. Heading to Bantuu will be...nice.
    50281435282_800cb08d3b_k.jpg

Can we bring this cute alien dog with us...
    50280568663_483c9764a4_b.jpg

These gals still need to beat Mother, but they love collecting/selling artifacts from Sanselvadorado (butchered the name). Bantuu here we come.
    50280595023_79346a76a5_b.jpg

Marvina the Martian, head of the Aliens...she's definitely gonna visit Bantuu.
    27571127594_5f958f89f4_b.jpg

When Episode 1 came out, I collected everything Darth Maul. <3 Then he goes n get himself split in half....lol Anywho, he is now deboxed and is in love with one of Barbie's mermaid friends. I have a few Star Wars dolls (will get more some day) and other stuff around the house.
    40146169522_0d00078ae1_b.jpg

I'm looking forward to the droids and new alien masks (if they are masks..).
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    When I thought it might be a world that your sim can live in, I considered creating ghost versions of Han, Leia, Luke, Chewbacca and Yoda using the costumes we have. But, now that I know it's a destination only world, I'm going to create a character Pax Voir Dire (peace, to tell the truth) who will become my Star Wars go-to guy. With the costumes from Get Famous, I should be able to create a unique charater that blends in yet, stands out. He will build a cyborg named C-4PO (cyborg 4th protocol-nickname:C4) and I think become a smuggler. I might add the ghost OG's to his household along the storyline that they see his future potential, what he could become with the proper training which he rejects at every turn (thus, the smugglers career).

The only issue I have is can I still play this save after I have defeated Darth Whoever (if that is the end game). Can Pax return and continue to walk the fine line between the troopers and the rebels? And what if I want him to have a change of heart and become a rebel leader, is that possible? Could he go the other way and join the troopers? Someone needs to answer these questions.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Quaay wrote: »
    I think I will start a fresh save and remake the other worlds to fit into the star wars universe so I'll definitely grab some lots and sims from the gallery. I want to make another alien but need more info about what cas assets will be unlocked and available to use first. I'm glad the wait isn't too long!

Ooh, I was wondering if anyone would do this. I'm thinking about it too. I love rebuilding worlds from scratch. It would be heaps of work though, and have to makeover all the sims to fit too.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited August 2020
    I also feel utterly unprepared. The leak and hints pointed towards a Galaxy’s Edge pack in almost every single way, but somehow I’m still surprised that it turned out to be Star Wars. For me, too good to be true perhaps?

Not sure if I’ll be using gallery lots, even if some look absolutely magnificent. Building is my thing so I’d be surprised if I’m not spending my sleepless nights in BB.

What I do know is that I’m going to go all the way and treat Batuu like another planet.

I’m still on the fence whether some of my active households will start this adventure or not. I have both a scientist and a university professor/archaeologist who are currently exploring the jungle with a couple of local guides in the hope to try and find a hidden and abandoned military lab that may hold clues and provide answers regarding the existence of intelligent extra terrestrial life forms. That was a mouthful.
    Anyway. They will eventually discover it and what they’re going to find is out of this world...

With the upcoming pack, Discover University also opened up an entire new world of gameplay for me, so I’m thinking of creating a female student who excels in robotics and building droids. She will also discover a secret she wasn’t supposed to know about. Maybe something about building lightsabers...who knows?

In the meantime, I‘ll have a story for my Smuggler pilot which will take place on Batuu. Obviously. This was my plan all along. Not sure how this will play out yet as it depends on what the pack offers, but I’ll be flying that ship no matter what!

Anyway, they’ll all meet up in some way or another, because they’re going to need each other in order to fight against the destruction of Planet Sims. So if I can use those storm trooper blasters, man this thing is going to be epic! B)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited August 2020
    I was insanely bold, so I deleted this post.
    It never happened...
    o:)
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am planing to let my main couple have one or two days in Batuu but I do not want these two to explore the storyline or quests. It takes time for me to find the right sim for a new thing. For me it is nice having things to explore but I weave in new content slowly.

I am only now playing my main spellcaster. There is a mod from Zero that let’s you lvl up slower that makes all the difference for me.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I am currently deep into apocalypse play in Sims 3. I hope there are enough grungy assets in the pack to create a similar vibe in 4. If so, the Strangerville plateau, Crumbling Isle, and nature reserve from IL are all getting getting wiped and will be my Apocalypse Lite game. Might be able to work the industrial neighborhood from the eco pack into it too.
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I’ve said this on every single thread. I need to find out more about the gameplay aspects. I am hoping that Rey & Kylie will operate in the same way that the sages in ROM do. I really, really want those two to get the happy ending they deserved. If I can’t use the NPC Rey & Kylo I’m going to make carbon copies, get them together and have them raise their daughter and four - five other youths in a Jedi school. I can’t decided what kind of love story I’m going to go for with their daughter but it has to be epic...maybe reflect the opposit of Han Solo and Leia’s love story in the same way Rey & Kylie were the bookend to Anakin & Padme’s story.

I’ll probably have Rey become the champion of strangerville & build the school somewhere in that world.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'm going to add some of the Objects for my current Futuristic sims. Maybe give my
    10th Doctor Who sim a Jedi skill. Also, receate my fave characters from the Original & Prequel Star Wars. I'm also thinking of giving my
    Star Trek Voyager couple the Millinium Falcon. Lol 😆
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am very likely to get this pack. I currently have 10 saves I actively play with several households in each, but I only have a few plans so far.
    In my occult save, I will place SW inspired builds in the 'Bedrock Strait' neighborhood in Oasis Springs over time. The Sim I will play there is a new Sim I am currently creating. Not sure what side Ekeli will be on though, I'm thinking The Resistance.
    In another save I will play my Physics graduate and engineer Jackie Fitzgerald. Her Servo just died and left a droid-shaped hole in her heart. She is also dating someone I don't see her ending up with so there are a few posibilities there.
    In yet another save my astronaut Sasha had a daughter that just turned into a child. So they might go to Batuu together, just as tourists, for now.
    And in yet another save my evil Sim Lester Steal could be tempted to join the dark side. He already reached the top of the Criminal career and completed his aspiration and is just waiting for one of the children he had with 4 different Sims to show enough promise to move in with him and take over his empire. So he has some time to kill. He'll definitely join The First Order.
    And in yet another save ... :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    I’ve said this on every single thread. I need to find out more about the gameplay aspects. I am hoping that Rey & Kylie will operate in the same way that the sages in ROM do. I really, really want those two to get the happy ending they deserved. If I can’t use the NPC Rey & Kylo I’m going to make carbon copies, get them together and have them raise their daughter and four - five other youths in a Jedi school. I can’t decided what kind of love story I’m going to go for with their daughter but it has to be epic...maybe reflect the opposit of Han Solo and Leia’s love story in the same way Rey & Kylie were the bookend to Anakin & Padme’s story.

I’ll probably have Rey become the champion of strangerville & build the school somewhere in that world.

Strangerville is probably the only world I would use as a connection to Batuu to play in. Star Wars might explain how the Mother got there in the first place. Maybe I could set-up a hidden alien base that observes the happenings in Strangerville. Hopefully, that round desk with the digital picture floating above it from the trailer will be in the catalog or debug to use.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Strangerville is probably the only world I would use as a connection to Batuu to play in. Star Wars might explain how the Mother got there in the first place. Maybe I could set-up a hidden alien base that observes the happenings in Strangerville. Hopefully, that round desk with the digital picture floating above it from the trailer will be in the catalog or debug to use.

😮 ... it could very well explain it all. The Mortis arc of Clone Wars had the personification of the Force as The Father, The Son and The Daughter. There was The Mother too, in EU/Legends (not sure if they changed that in NeuCanon) who was banished (and became Abeloth, and that was kinda weird so I was all "ok, glad I stopped reading books back when the Yuuzhan Vong first showed up).
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    kemowery wrote: »
    I need to know what's going to be possible in the pack before I make any hard and fast decisions.

If children can participate in the storyline, I might redo the neighborhood I made with myself as a teen and my family and my friends and neighbors at the time, but make everyone even younger, so child-sim-me can enjoy Galaxy's Edge. (It would also give me something fun to do with children instead of just trying to meet aspiration goals and train up skills.)

If the build/buy and CAS elements are really robust, it'll go into my list of "things I want to theme an entire save around" making each neighborhood into a different world--Oasis Springs as Tatooine or Jakku, San Myshuno as Coruscant, Forgotten Hollow as Dathomir, Strangerville as some First Order-controlled world where some of their unethical research has gone awry (it would be really nice for this to have a mod that let me change scientists and military outfits into First Order uniforms). There's a lot of cool Star Wars builds, and some really great Star Wars sims already on the Gallery.

If the NPCs are fully interactive (I suspect they won't be because it might break the story if you can take Rey or Kylo Ren out of Batuu), I might bring the characters into my family. That would give me a good reason to start teaching myself how to write mods and scripts to change that if it's not possible.

Otherwise, I'll probably just play through it with different characters. I'll decide whether it's a theme park they're visiting or, like I saw someone else suggest, it's a "The Last Starfighter" scenario where the sim has been selected to be the new hero of the Resistance. (I might have a hard time running a sim through the First Order storyline because I don't like even pretending to support the space fash.)

That was a really fun idea! I can absolutely see the First Order being interested in the research over in Strangerville and wanting to maintain a presence there. Thank you :) that gives me a reason for planting a mole in a house with some Star Wars addons there. Just some added Star Wars CAS and some B&B to hint at it.

Those lots up on the plateau could get replaced with Star Wars builds; I've already moved some of them to other worlds anyway (Newcrest has a few, and Dream Weaver's Way is in Glimmerbrook).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Just downloaded but I really want everyone's favorite scoundrel Han Solo... B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I made a Han Solo, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Padma Amidela sims.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I was insanely bold, so I deleted this post.
    It never happened...
    o:)

Awww now I'm gonna die of curiosity :D
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    edited August 2020
    Forgot about Glimmerbrook. Will clear it out too. Wish we were getting Ewoks. And the weird little guys from Tatooine.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I’ve said this on every single thread. I need to find out more about the gameplay aspects. I am hoping that Rey & Kylie will operate in the same way that the sages in ROM do. I really, really want those two to get the happy ending they deserved. If I can’t use the NPC Rey & Kylo I’m going to make carbon copies, get them together and have them raise their daughter and four - five other youths in a Jedi school.

One thing I'm pretty sure about from the ad copy is that learning the Force won't be a thing in this pack. I think all the parts are in the game already to make as good a Jedi as possible in the game between various alien, vampire, and spellcaster abilities, so someone should be able to make a mod that lets you play a Jedi, but I would not be surprised if part of Disney's deal was that Rey and Kylo Ren are the only two Force users in the game.

I've just been using spellcasting for the Force when I needed to. Mostly I've avoided too many Star Wars builds for that reason, sticking to Hogwarts characters, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, etc., but Eleven from Stranger Things basically has Force powers and spellcasting is the closest I can get to that--I just only use some of the spells.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I want to send Vlad to Batuu >:) I guess he will probably join the dark side...

That is actually an interesting idea, and as much against this pack as I have felt, because to me its just too much like the Star Wars game itself, but that there interests even me. I love playing vampires, and somehow I tend to make Sims ( all not evil at all) that he gets along with and would actually love to see how he would play with that! That's one of the first things I have seen that has started me thinking more
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Forgot about Glimmerbrook. Will clear it out too. Wish we were getting Ewoks. And the weird little guys from Tatooine.

Ewoks. Brr. Murrdah bears.

Well, maybe some of them aren't all that bad. ;)

hQPg8vn.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I'm starting to warm up to this pack quickly. :D I never conquered the Mother, in fact mostly ignored Strangerville. That is the perfect place to reinhabit with astronauts, scientists and "scoundrels." <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I hope being a Sith/Jedi is some sort of lifestate. It’d be cool to start a legacy with that. Just picking up a lightsaber and becoming one wouldn’t make any sense… but we’ll see.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I hope being a Sith/Jedi is some sort of lifestate. It’d be cool to start a legacy with that. Just picking up a lightsaber and becoming one wouldn’t make any sense… but we’ll see.

On the other hand, if it's not a lifestate and works more like the celebrity system or a skill, existing occults could become a Jedi. You could have Jedi vampires, Jedi aliens, Jedi spellcasters, Jedi mermaids.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Those lots up on the plateau could get replaced with Star Wars builds; I've already moved some of them to other worlds anyway (Newcrest has a few, and Dream Weaver's Way is in Glimmerbrook).

The challenge for me will be coming up with ways to make community lots look like they belong in Star Wars and not in an American suburb. Some, like bars and nightclubs, will be easy. Other things like pools and parks not so much.