Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone ready for TS5 now?

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No. It will probably be developed by the same team that made TS4 and they clearly have no idea how to make a good sims game.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Ready since closed worlds and body-hair-free Sims were announced in 2014.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    No. It will probably be developed by the same team that made TS4 and they clearly have no idea how to make a good sims game.

They need to play sims 2 & 3 again to see what made them so successful.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes! But I was already ready for TS5 before the announcement of this game pack. I'm excited for the new GP AND I also look forward to TS5 whenever it may be released (hopefully sooner rather than later). I also still love TS4 so I'm happy to play that in the meantime :)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No, I have no interest in Sims 5 or let alone Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I want a TS5, pleeeaaasseee! And I know there are people who are gonna say, "I don't want them to start from scratch again and I have to buy all those packs like Seasons and Pets all over again." But like, if you look at TS4 now, I think they are running out of new pack ideas. 🤡 So....?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I want a TS5, pleeeaaasseee! And I know there are people who are gonna say, "I don't want them to start from scratch again and I have to buy all those packs like Seasons and Pets all over again." But like, if you look at TS4 now, I think they are running out of new pack ideas. 🤡 So....?

@DeKay Yes, exactly. And my thing is, they are ignoring all the requests for an attraction system, "free" & improved babies, more meaningful traits, farming, generations, deeper gameplay for non-YA life stages...and they already made all the traditional sims packs from sims 2&3...what more is left? Seriously? :|

Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
    edited August 2020
    @Onverser

Um, idk. Maybe because if sims 5 doesnt improve on the series and lacks a lot of features, it will suffer greatly from poor sales. We wont be doing another sims 4, situation, again. Former fans will be weary, leery & the game will fail.

Let me just say this, if Sims 5 ships without create a style/color wheel, i am ABSOLUTELY not buying it.

If it ships without Open world, i am absolutely not buying it. I can play sims 4 if i want a closed off limited game :D

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited August 2020
    Let me just say this, if Sims 5 ships without create a style/color wheel, i am ABSOLUTELY not buying it.

If it ships without Open world, i am absolutely not buying it. I can play sims 4 if i want a closed off limited game :D

Same here, won't make the same mistake twice. (on the color wheel)

Same here, won't make the same mistake twice. (on the color wheel)

Right. Open world, I really, really really, want. But theres a small, small, small infinitesimal, chance that if they do something in between open and closed , i might accept that.

But Color wheel and create a style are absolutely non-negotiable. I must have those things. I like to decorate my sims homes and design their homes the way *i* want to. Not with swatches.

Also, i really must have the gallery again, its nice to use and share things with others <3

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I want The Sims 5 just out curiosity. I wonder what it's going to be. Everyone knows what killed the cat, though!

And toddlers. They've tried it before and I don't think they learn from their mistakes. :D
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I think it's time for them to move away from the Sims 4. The engine is just too limited, and they are either unwilling or cannot make significant changes to the game at this point.
    But.......I don't think Sims 5 will be good either. I think it will be online, multiplayer, and I think the DLC will be even worse. I think it will be quite bad.
    I'm looking forward to Paralives and whatever Ron Humble is working on.

I am just hoping that they MIGHT take feedback and make a better game.....is that so unheard of? Or am I crazy?

You're not crazy. I think that TS4 is an aberration from what Maxis would normally do. Remember they had to recycle a multiplayer game engine not really meant for a rich and in depth singleplayer game. It was clear that their hearts weren't into it because of what they couldn't implement in the game.

I think TS5 will be a much better game. Whether it will use the Unreal Engine or not (but I really hope they do because it's so powerful!) the basegame will be a lot more feature rich since there is no surprise of having to recycle it from something else.

So I'm still looking forward to TS5 along with all the other life simulation games coming out.

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I am ready for Paralives does that count?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »

I've been looking into that game a little lately. I find the graphics are a little off putting for me though which is weird cause usually I prefer the more cartoon style graphics. It will depend on actual game play whether I will get it. I have no interest in building.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    if this is the direction they wanna take the sims franchise then im pretty sure sims 5 is gonna be garbage too.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I'm starting to be ready, but not because I want to play Sims 5. I just want EA to stop ruining Sims 4 and leave it alone while it's still playable.
    I love Sims 4 and I have no interest on Sims 5, especially if it will have open world.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    When I look at what we all have today with sims 4, knowing that its 6 years old.... how can I not feel very disapointed? Sure, there are a lot of great things we can say about sims 4, but the long list of things the game is still lacking over-shadows the good things about the game.

The CAS for example. Yes (IMO) the CAS in sims 4 is amazing compared to other iterations. Sims 1, 2, and 3 added together can't compete with the graphics and customization of sims 4 CAS. But, sims 3 alone can embarrass sims 4 just with the amount of different characters we have to create.....

..... With sims 4, after 6 years. We have human, mermaid, spellcaster, vampire, and alien sims. And the pets list, wow.... let me get my calculator here..... cats, dogs, and rodents. And because the pets list was so long, they obviously had to divide them up into 2 different packs.

..... The build mode is the same. Sims 4 build tools easily beats the previous iterations. The idea of building each room independently, moving them even from one floor to another, etc, makes building a house much easier, even for those with little game building skills. But that's where it stops. Once you try to decorate that house, or your newly built room, you immediately miss sims 3. Do you like being frustrated? Try finding matching curtains for your room design. And then, try finding matching furniture. You'll discover after many, many hours of tinkering that there's just a short list of ideas that actually work together. So you'll end up choosing a few curtains, and furniture ideas as favorites.... not because they are the nicest.... but because ..... they actually match things.

When the sims 4 first came out, and I learned that it was a tailed-back version of their plan of going online.... I knew I was going to have to be very patient with the game as EA/Maxis tried to get back to the drawing board. The absent of toddlers back on day 1 for example made sense. Who was going to be running around an online world as a toddler? More so than not, we'd be signing up for online gameplay as a teen, YA/Adult, or elderly.

But here we are. 6 years later. What do we have? Married sims, for the most part, act like siblings. They hug, chat, hang-out, and... outside of the blowing each other kisses and woohooing, they aren't much different than any other pair in the game. The sims have absolutely no awareness of their surroundings or family. I deleted a sim from my household the other day, and my remaining sims haven't even noticed her missing yet. Should I wait and see if they ever will? I built them a brand new kitchen..... nope.... they didn't notice yet. One of my sims got sick recently. Nobody cared.

For a game boasting about being a life simulator, the sims 4 (imo) has no life to it. There's no emotional connections, or even the illusion of awareness. The genealogy itself sums up the sims 4 when it comes to the games lack of ability to recognize relationships. What are we missing still? Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews.

Sims 4, after 6 years, have come a long way since sims 3 hasn't it?

Am I ready for S5? Absolutely. There are some things that I like in sims 4. But the game just feels.... i'm not sure how to word it.... like nothing in the game matters. All the sims seem like carbon copies of each other's personalities who constantly act bi-polar. I mean seriously. I've heard of people who's mood changes with the weather, but the sims in sims 4 takes that to a brand new level.

Bring on Sims 5. It has to be better. It just has to be. Right?
  • ShimmeringDjinnShimmeringDjinn Posts: 1 New Member
    > @cheescaeks said:
    > if this is the direction they wanna take the sims franchise then im pretty sure sims 5 is gonna be garbage too.

Sad but probably true. Although, if Paralives ends up being a worthy rival, EA - and I use this lightly- MIGHT stop striping its games of everything which makes them fun and selling them as extras! You never know. :)
    edited August 2020

I've been looking into that game a little lately. I find the graphics are a little off putting for me though which is weird cause usually I prefer the more cartoon style graphics. It will depend on actual game play whether I will get it. I have no interest in building.

I agree. Paralives seems great when it comes to the type of gameplay options its promising. But for a game being designed in 2020 its discouraging to see the type of graphics we'd expect more from a 2010 game. There are probably a lot of people who would easily trade in the graphical eye-candy game style for some great gameplay features, but i'm not sure if that's a path i'd be taking a brand new 2020 game in. I think, overall, the poor graphics of paralives is going to be a major liability when it comes to adopting new players to the game. The game isn't even out yet and already we have to roll the dice on what we want more. Graphics, or gameplay features. It's not 2010 anymore. We shouldn't have to be making that choice. It shouldn't be either/or. Not in 2020.

Even sims 3 has better graphics than paralives. And that says something. Especially when considering that paralives is still in developement.
    muzickmage wrote: »

I agree. Paralives seems great when it comes to the type of gameplay options its promising. But for a game being designed in 2020 its discouraging to see the type of graphics we'd expect more from a 2010 game. There are probably a lot of people who would easily trade in the graphical eye-candy game style for some great gameplay features, but i'm not sure if that's a path i'd be taking a brand new 2020 game in. I think, overall, the poor graphics of paralives is going to be a major liability when it comes to adopting new players to the game. The game isn't even out yet and already we have to roll the dice on what we want more. Graphics, or gameplay features. It's not 2010 anymore. We shouldn't have to be making that choice. It shouldn't be either/or. Not in 2020.

Even sims 3 has better graphics than paralives. And that says something. Especially when considering that paralives is still in developement.
    I don't think it will. I mean graphics still look better than Sims 4 in a lot of ways. Graphics were inspired by Ooblets. Had an Untitled Goose Game cartoon style about it too. Cartoon doesn't always mean bad. Just a different art style but I do think it will be optimized for lower graphic laptops while the Newbury game has a more realistic look to it. Options for everyone beyond just the Sims.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited August 2020

I don't think it will. I mean graphics still look better than Sims 4 in a lot of ways. Graphics were inspired by Ooblets. Had an Untitled Goose Game cartoon style about it too. Cartoon doesn't always mean bad. Just a different art style but I do think it will be optimized for lower graphic laptops while the Newbury game has a more realistic look to it. Options for everyone beyond just the Sims.

I'm not seeing it. Graphics look better than sims 4 in a lot of ways? I would have to see some of your examples because obviously I must be missing something.

I'm not seeing it. Graphics look better than sims 4 in a lot of ways? I would have to see some of your examples because obviously I must be missing something.

Yeah it honestly doesnt look better than sims 4 at all. Especially, not the characters.

The lighting I enjoy more, the animation of objects are better. Has more color options. There are a lot of new tech and graphic details put into the game that just more stable and graphically appealing than a six year old game. Sims 4 actually has a lot of low poly issues that Sims 2 didn't suffer with the objects. Never been a huge fans of the Sims 4 graphics personally with the little details.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPoSzbB7UH8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnf1m0H4vkc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUQjMVxwYbU

The smooth transition between the different modes is really well done too:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJAm8UEi4CE

Their objects actually look round looking and I have always been a fan of a good color wheel that gives me nice Sims 3 CAS vibes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgQuTYoBosE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q38gxPrDw0Y

That curved wall too is lovely:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm08XAI55Vk

So yes new tech does help games. Sims 4 tech well is limited because it was originally going to be an online game and uses the same limited engine that SimCity used and even the same style of UI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKs6x-SA_mA

So glad they got rid of those blueprint neighborhoods Sims 4 used to have. They used to look like this until some of us complained about the literal headaches it was causing many of us:
    Sims4-111.jpg

Sims 4 also has this odd blue/green hue to it, so many of the colors have a bluish tint to it including the greys and blacks of hairs for example. Anyways I'll stop there. Sims 4 just showing its SimCity 2013 style age. It won't age well graphically.