Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plot a Course to The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Pixelade posted a video with a survey count showing the numbers for the survey themes. Hotels, school life, new worlds, farming and cars are #1 through #5. Star Wars came in at #21, dead last.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Pixelade posted a video with a survey count showing the numbers for the survey themes. Hotels, school life, new worlds, farming and cars are #1 through #5. Star Wars came in at #21, dead last.

But it IS a new world so milage may vary
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • sharonlynettesharonlynette Posts: 26 Member
    Finally..... A sims pack I won't be buying!

I've bought them all, whether I was excited about the whole package or just interested in a few bits of extra content/worlds, I wouldn't even buy this for a penny.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I want it and I will buy it. It'll be my Christmas present to myself (gotta wait on buying it cause I'm kinda broke right now).
    On the bright side, if you don't like the idea of a SWGP, then not buying won't mean that you miss out on any new Build/Buy stuff that you see. With Strangerville, I know some who didn't like it bought it to get the Build/Buy stuff. But with this, you probably won't be missing anything you would use otherwise.
    Isharell wrote: »
    I want it and I will buy it. It'll be my Christmas present to myself (gotta wait on buying it cause I'm kinda broke right now).

Preach!
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    edited August 2020
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm still wondering about what they mean by a datapad. Is it some kind of vehicle at last?

...."Plus, any droids ordered on Batuu return to the Sims world as well! Sure, droids might not go around zapping people in Willow Creek, but Sims can still build relationships with them and have fun driving them around with a datapad!....."

In plain english... it's a remote control.... of sorts, so you will be playing the droids like toys operated by remote control... lame or what?
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm totally out of the loop. I'm excited for my Sims to be able to go somewhere that I love going! Why is everyone disappointed? Not much crossover between Sims fans and Star Wars fans? Was everyone hoping for something specific and this isn't as good?

Not everyone. 🙂 This looks like a fun pack to me. Maybe we'll get Farming or Generations next.

This is probably the only positive thing I'll see (thus far), 🤣.
    The Gurus have been very quiet. Are they hiding, are the afraid? Someone needs to answer a few questions about this pack that is so special and never been done before (minus Sweet Treats with Katy Perry and Strangerville, a quest pack mystery defeat the big baddie).

Has anyone mentioned a Live Stream next week or are they just going to plonk this down and run?
  • BttfliesBttflies Posts: 2 New Member
    I’m not super excited for the SW pack myself but some of these comments r just ridiculous...again if u don’t like it don’t buy it I doubt ur game will implode without it
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    This was not a survey by EA, it was an independent survey. And it was from January 2020, by which time the star wars pack was probably already in the works.

But yes, EA should have known it wouldn't be well received by most (though I am in the minority, I am stoked for it!)
  • QuasiattractorQuasiattractor Posts: 17 Member
    I have to say that I agree with others who think that this pack is at the very least, a waste of time and money, and I am in agreement with one person that maybe EA Games is trying to discourage long-term players from continuing on with this franchise. Will it be Pokemon World next? I have been patient, but this is the first pack that I won't purchase. Maybe it is time to take a stand.
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    Hi. I'm not going to stay quiet on this one. This is a waste. This is embarassing. Even with other waste of packs like My First Pet and Moschino, I waited for a sale, because at the end of the day, there is some kind of practical gameplay that can be used in everyday life. There's absoluetly no reason for me to buy this. And I honestly won't ever buy this. I don't care about Star Wars, I have no interest whatsoever. This will actually be the first sims pack I flat out never buy.

Crossovers are a bad idea because you're automatically limiting your audience. You've got a third of people who like sims, a third who like star wars, and a third who like both. In the one-third group that like both, you've got a third of people who disapprove, a third who approve, and a third who are indifferent. Two thirds of a third who are likely to buy. That's around 22%. That's how limiting this is by default. That's a waste.

Maybe if this game was more stable, had more depth, and wasn't STILL missing features we've been screaming for since before the game released... Maybe if this was a general space travel GP... Maybe it'd have a better reception.

In a time where we are still screaming for cars, farming, better babies, more generational gameplay, more child and toddler activities, burglars, racial skintones and hairs, story progression, and even small things like a normal telescope, spiral staircases.... Instead of finally doing something like that, we get a throw away, obviouse cash grab, $20 ad. You might as well play literally any other star wars game and you'll no doubt have a better experience. (I bet you there still won't be something as simple as a small telescope after this)

This just screams "out of touch."

TL;DR:
    This is a waste of resources that should be used to add depth to this already unstable and heavily recycled iteration of a Franchise who's quality is on the rapid decline.
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    No. There are not enough words to describe how angry I am about this pack. If I want to play a "Star Wars" game, I have 100's to choose from. This is not one of them. You would rather give us SPACESHIPS instead of cars or even fixing the multitude of bugs that have been around since launch. You should ashamed of yourselves for allowing this to be released.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I have to say that I agree with others who think that this pack is at the very least, a waste of time and money, and I am in agreement with one person that maybe EA Games is trying to discourage long-term players from continuing on with this franchise. Will it be Pokemon World next? I have been patient, but this is the first pack that I won't purchase. Maybe it is time to take a stand.

I'd buy a void critter collecting pack
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Well, I can't understand why some of you show such lack of understanding when players are getting angry and upset. Humans build resentment, and this is exactly what is happening here, we ask for things like babies made playable sims, rather than the bassinet/crib attachment that they are now. NO. Some would like cars, more depth of character in the sims, stories, drama, etc. NO. Traits that work, actions with a reaction, better family system, more supernaturals, illnesses, bigger worlds, fixed bugs, the list is endless...... the answer the same. NO NO and NO.
    Instead they are giving us packs that line their pockets and leaves us raging.
    The Packs themselves, they would not be such a big explosion of anger and distrust if we also got some of those things long for being asked. If all bugs created by the previous packs and patches had been sorted before a new pack is released, but this is not so and quite frankly we are loosing faith that this company is ever going to do right by us ...The Customers, and loyal customers at that!
    I myself have been one for eleven years, and some of the posters here much, much longer. We complain because we want this game to be the best, we were told as youngsters to strive for better, always for better, so it's with a great deal of difficulty that we have to settle for less than mediocre.
    EA, you should also have pride in your games. "If something is worth doing, it's worth doing it right!"
    So the packs, yes they might be appealing to some, and obviously they will be buying them, but by ignoring the rest of your fan base and die hard simmers you are making a huge mistake!
    I will give you an example, I own all the sims 3 packs, all worlds and all the store content (Every bit of it) The sims 3 is my starting point with the sims. I also have Base game of the sims 2 plus an EP (will be adding to that) and quite a few of The Sims packs.
    The sims 4 I own only 12 or 13 packs all included, sadly I don't feel like buying more, perhaps I will, but it will depend on your response to us as players and your treatment because, quite frankly, some of us are feeling pushed out.
    There is space for every one, and a big company like you should be able to cater for every age group even by releasing different versions of the game. It should not be so difficult, I have read children books with more clout than the sims 4. And have you watched some of the children's films? There is dead, violence and nastiness in those books and films you know! Children need to learn that bad things do happen, LIFE is not always a bowl of cherries, and you can't be friendly and chatty to everyone, that message is so wrong! This game is lame because that's easier to make. Less work, less cost. And it shows.
    Please just listen to us, we have been around for a while and our vision for this game is sound and fine.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    edited August 2020
    The concept itself is cool. It’s somewhat obvious this theme was chosen by EA since they have some copyrights to develop Star Wars based games. I just wish we’d get a new, small, futuristic world to go with it to match the new build/buy mode items. Similar to Glimmerbrook that came with RoM. But since Batuu is a vacation world it makes me question if this is just meant to be a SW themed place mimicking the theme park at Disney and your sims are just meant to be fans of it decorate the house with the items to show their hardcore fan dedication....which would be weird if we didn’t get a fanclubs game update before this releases.
  • QuasiattractorQuasiattractor Posts: 17 Member
    I want more objects to craft, for woodworking, for electronics, and farm animals to go with gardening seasons...and, more time in the sim day to do them.
  • Lindsmd113Lindsmd113 Posts: 196 Member
    If they’re doing niche packs then I’d like a basic bi**h pack with a Starbucks, target, tons of pumpkin decor, leggings and boots, hayrides, PSL, scented candles etc
    I would love this as a stand alone pack like Life Stories or Pet Stories. And I would love an outer space world to live in like Lunar Lakes from S3. If they had made this a pack that gave us Sixam to live in and explore, I'd be all for it. But to be honest, where's all the hard work? They are recreating an existing world (or Disney world to visit) so the world creators had a job to recreate this exactly, which they did. Good job guys. The aliens were already designed and needed to be made into sims, so, no new creations on their part. Characters that we will interact with are already developed, just need to be made into sims. Despite the work in recreating a world, characters, clothes and objects that are already imagined by someone else, this seems like a simple pack to put together. What am I missing? Where's all the hard work been done?

I will buy it, but I hope it plays well. I suppose I have an advantage over some because I saw the original, older movies but none of the newer ones with the new order or heroes and villains. So maybe I can overlook the loaded Star Wars theme and just imagine it as a sims outer space world. We'll see.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    I'm more annoyed that they seem to have put more thought into this than ROM...
  • EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    Yes, there are other things I'd like to get but, I really dont mind this. Will bring some cool build elements for industrial design type stuff and I love building secret Labs, this will go great for that. I know there is a lot of hate over what we havent gotten (Spiral staircases) You might win everyone over if you include those in this gamepack ;) hint hint nudge nudge
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't care about Star Wars, however if it only effects the one world and Star Wars NPCs won't be running around other worlds, and it is not a buggy mess maybe it's a good thing for those who like this type of thing. But it does feel like a slap in the face for the group of fans who have been begging for certain stuff for years now.

If the Sims team and EA are smart, and if they care about long-time Sims fans at all, the next pack would be a huge EP called "The Fan Pack". It would include stuff like the following:

1. A large world with many lots to build with.
    2. An attraction system similar to Sims 2.
    3. More and better traits.
    4. Better friends and enemy system. If someone does my Sim wrong it should not be easily forgiven.
    5. Toned down emotions with a option to use the old emotion system for the people who like it... Assuming anyone actually does. But traits should rule over emotions not the other way around.
    6. Cars
    7. Bunk beds
    8. Spiral Staircase
    9. Better babies
    10. Better teens with Proms, graduation, and other fun teen stuff
    11. Bands with drums and a proper singer and if they work with clubs system and maybe enhance the celebrity pack even better.
    12. Other items that I can't think of right now that were left out of the previous packs, and fans have been begging for.

And then, Werewolves and fairies, can be the GP follow up 'The Supernatural Fan Pack' it should include the things ROM is missing, and a bigger better supernatural world to play in.

The one thing they should leave out is bugs.

Yeah, I know, I'll wake up now.😴
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Saw this on Twitter & going to repost
    “What's the point of blasters and lightsabers when you cant kill any Sim...It ruins both Sims and Star Wars

You don't mix a casual game with a hardcore game it doesn't work.”
  • parkerswagparkerswag Posts: 6 New Member
    if you're one of the 5 simmers that just loveeee this pack, cool, buy it and have a blast.
    but for everyone else thats been asking for game enhancing packs for years...its a huge WHY?.
    I feel like ive always seen ppl asking for MORE game play interactions between sims. Cars. more Animals...More Worlds....
    i just dont see the point in the game creators asking for our opinions and suggestions when they dont take it.
    Im not saying no ones never asked for star wars but its fact its never been at the top of the list.
    i just dont know what the point is now. To never get what we ask for, and then have to start over with Sims 5. Just seems like a lame investment.
    Just sucha bummer imo