Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you renovated any lots

Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
I like looking at renovated sims 4 lots mainly because maxis didnt do a great job at doing the original and I also created this thread because I would like to see a non goth/modern interior of the goth house
Gallery ID: cavapoo_king

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    did dream weavers way from strangerville lately but I used lots of packs cause i had my sims move in

probably gonna do more houses soon but have not decided which houses

also somewhat incomplete project vlads mansion cause i did it once but I feel need to redo-redo some rooms

aand I did try to make strangerville bar more useful though i did not eliminate the ugly part cause i kinda liked the idea of bar staying mostly same

gallery id zimzziyo if anyone is interested
    can also renovate houses for people if they want some build in specific and don't hate my build style :lol:

(minus eco lifestyle world cause i don't have the pack)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    did dream weavers way from strangerville lately but I used lots of packs cause i had my sims move in

also somewhat incomplete project vlads mansion cause i did it once but I feel need to redo-redo some rooms

aand I did try to make strangerville bar more useful though i did not eliminate the ugly part cause i kinda liked the idea of bar staying mostly same

can also renovate houses for people if they want some build in specific and don't hate my build style :lol:

Could you renovate the goth house and make it modern/contemporary like this one
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/13F29A9702E711E68FD11B0E7B67E7E6?searchtype=item_name&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Modern goth&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    But more decor
    edited August 2020

Could you renovate the goth house and make it modern/contemporary like this one
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/13F29A9702E711E68FD11B0E7B67E7E6?searchtype=item_name&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Modern goth&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    But more decor

I suppose I could give it a try :blush:

do you want it like in example where its mostly focused on being like modern "listed on perfect homes dot com" type renovation or do you want it to still have the gothy aesthetics but simply more modern?

also if you have sims in mind that will live here it would be nice to know more about them (ages,amount of sims traits and such) so i can decorate with them in mind (well unless its goths then I got some ideas :smile: )
    Not gothy but remains the same shape
    edited August 2020

hmm okay so just like make it normal family house in 2020 type?

also is there packs youd like me to not use so I can try and dodge my best? :joy:

hmm okay so just like make it normal family house in 2020 type?

also is there packs youd like me to not use so I can try and dodge my best? :joy:

Just use base game and mabey city living because then you might get more downloads
    edited August 2020
    I didn't quite achieve the modern cause it hurt my heart too bad to do that :sweat_smile: (and most modern things I don't hate are not base game) but I made nongoth version like goths had moved out and some people decided to renovate it keeping some of the old look but not making it gothy :smile:

I was also able to add one bathroom more by dividing that ridiculously sized one so now both bedrooms have their own bathrooms and there is hallway toilet

its in my gallery if anyone wants it (though it ended super expensive cause idk probably the violins and whatever gameplay objects i thought were needed)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I like looking at renovated sims 4 lots mainly because maxis didnt do a great job at doing the original and I also created this thread because I would like to see a non goth/modern interior of the goth house

I just did minor renovations on two Maxis lots last night, to take them from around two bedrooms to six or seven bedrooms.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • wanderinglizzywanderinglizzy Posts: 46 Member
    I've been renovating lots from the basegame worlds, using builds to tell stories about the Sims that live there.

My first one is Johnny Zest's trailer. There's just so much storytelling potential – a disowned Landgraab trying to make it big in the entertainer career. This story works really well with Get Famous if you have it, but alas I don't. (Also I think it's funnier if he's actually a terrible comedian but is full of confidence and, well,, zest.)

For this build I used only Johnny's starting funds (3950 simoleons) and the items on the lot itself. So I had to sell his items for money or reuse them. It's basegame only as I wanted to keep it in the spirit of the original.

Here is the renovation on Youtube.

Here is where you can find it on the gallery.

Images below:

QAVo4w5.jpg
    yDvTEhz.png
    8W9xy6D.png
    VN3yMYO.jpg
    Pr4eYjL.png
  • surlybadgersurlybadger Posts: 283 Member
    I've renovated three lots so far.
    Torendi Tower
    Revamped this penthouse to have a more vintage feel and more rooms for the high-class city living family.

Honeydew Fields
    Remodeled this base game house from Discover Univerity. Gave it more rooms and spruced it up a bit.

Shrieking Llama
    I turned this bar into a cozy family home :D