Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are they really giving us spaceships before cars ??

Unbelievable. I’ve seen spaceships in TS4 Journey to Batuu trailer. I don’t know wether sims can actually drive them, but if so, they’d give us spaceships before cars.

Then why don’t we have cars ?? Stop torturing us!!

Comments

• Options
    coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    I don't see how they could be derivable. It's a holiday world and it sounds like everything except lightsabers and droids are restricted to Batuu, so where would they go?

I had been hoping if they did a generic space pack they might have a rocket ship 'lot' that you could take several sims on the explore space expeditions that would work along the lines of the acting gigs and the Get to Work careers. But they mention star fighters, which means a sim in a cockpit, so that sort of play would not be possible. So I'd guess that they are just sort of a prop and you can pick which one appears, rather than having any interaction with it.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Yep, next we are gonna get tractors or something.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    cars are mostly not there cause of routing problem i think but space ships fly hence no routing issue

could have given basic helicopters or private planes while at it tho cause those are at least bit more realistic to have on your lawn than rocketship
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I guess they are only fake. They would have shown flying Sims in the trailer otherwise.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I guess they are only fake. They would have shown flying Sims in the trailer otherwise.
    Now obviously you are not going to see them flying around this is Sims 4 but like cars Sims should enter them see it fly off and hit the loading screen in which they could land and get out on the next lot you visit. But I guess you're right to hard cost to much so probably fake with no game play value at all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Well we might have to use spaceships to get to Batuu right ? And if they can do it for spaceships, then why not cars ?

And if they’re not gonna give us cars, they should tell us so we won’t keep being disappointed.

ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Now obviously you are not going to see them flying around this is Sims 4 but like cars Sims should enter them see it fly off and hit the loading screen in which they could land and get out on the next lot you visit. But I guess you're right to hard cost to much so probably fake with no game play value at all.

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    From the seems of it they function much the same as the rocket ship which has been there from day one, nothing like cars. :)
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited August 2020
    Do you really think they're giving us (actually not "us" cause I'm not buying this thing) spaceships?? They're certainly not going to be interactive and your sims won't get anywhere near them.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Do you really think they're giving us (actually not "us" cause I'm not buying this thing) spaceships?? They're certainly not going to be interactive and your sims won't get anywhere near them.

There's a sim working to fix the ship in this picture. Really hope at least one of the three ships featured in the trailer is useable like the rockets.

Copy_of_TS4_SCREENS_MEETCHARACTERS_1080.png

• Options
    edited August 2020
    So we can fix spaceships but not cars ??

crocobaura wrote: »

There's a sim working to fix the ship in this picture. Really hope at least one of the three ships featured in the trailer is useable like the rockets.

• Options
    Dianesims wrote: »

There are no cars that need fixing in the game. I am sure we will eventually get cars, maybe after they create more worlds with useable parking spaces.
  • Options
    It just makes zero sense to me that we get spaceships when we still don’t have cars after six years!

There are no cars that need fixing in the game. I am sure we will eventually get cars, maybe after they create more worlds with useable parking spaces.

• Options
    It just makes zero sense to me that we get spaceships when we still don’t have cars after six years!

It would have made even less sense to release this pack without flying ships. Theoretically you can't get there by bicycle.
  • Options
    Of course, I’m not saying we shouldn’t get spaceships, especially in a Star Wars GP, but why can’t we have cars then ?

It would have made even less sense to release this pack without flying ships. Theoretically you can't get there by bicycle.

• Options
    Of course, I’m not saying we shouldn’t get spaceships, especially in a Star Wars GP, but why can’t we have cars then ?

I am really asking myself the same question, hopefully we'll get them eventually. :)
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Just strap a couple of R2 units together and hop on, basically a car.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It might just be an object to raise your skill in something. If your sim can enter it like a rocket and fly off, you'll probably get similar pop-ups telling you what's going on until they land. "Congratulations. You've blown up the Death Star!"
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    They're probably reskinned Rocket Ships with new animations. But same function. Or just background dressing like almost everything else in Sims 4.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    HyalophoraHyalophora Posts: 29 Member
    It seems likely to me that cars (in whatever form and application they ultimately take) are probably somewhere in the development process, but require a lot more work to develop and integrate on existing maps (which may need completely reworked) than making a new animation and object would be. It seems like they've tinkered with the possibility of cars or reworking of roads and maps for a while now, and that it's been a challenge for them to figure out. I don't think they can really tell us if they can or won't add cars, since they may not know themselves yet, or it's coming along and in the years-long development process.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Do the worlds even have functioning roads?? I for one don't want to see cars racing around on the island in Windenburg or in Sulani...
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I actually feel like they are working on cars currently, and they might have nice gameplay beside driving like how you can fix them in 2 and that one car in 3.
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    Cars now? After all the released neighborhoods that would have to be reworked? I doubt it. If they didn't bother to rework lot sizes or the ability to chop them up ourselves after the release of tiny homes, I simply can't see them doing a massive rework. I guess I don't have the eternal hope trait....
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

They need to fix the roads for those cars. Whole routing in the Sims 4 with lots is like a repeat of Island Paradise mess. I really hope the routing with the spaceships doesn't cause clipping which has me worried.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller