Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight August 28 - A week on The Sims forums

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

This week has certainly gone faster than speed of light and it's once again time for our Friday highlights!
Ahhh, Friday - "Oh, my dear friend. How I've missed you." (thanks for this quote, C-3PO)

Needless to say, yesterday's big reveal has been one of the most-discussed topics this week - you can find more info about the upcoming The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack here.

d8gkz1c4qo2g.png
Let's marvel at this beautiful screenshot snappy by @hyrulerose that you can find here.

But it hasn't all been about the upcoming GP, of course. :)
Let's see what other interesting topics we have on our forum - here are today's picks:

That's it for today, folks, and I hope you like these picks! Don't forget suggestions for next week's Friday Highlights are always welcome!

Have a fabulous weekend, stay safe, and look after yourselves! :heart:
- Leeloo

Comments

• divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Thanks for the highlight, @EA_Leeloo! I must have missed Mai's last highlight. What happened to her? :D

I'm looking forward to the new pack and that screenshot is adorable.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    Thank you @EA_Leeloo so much for the highlight! Thanks also to all the folks who offered insights on how rotational play works for them..i am having so much fun as i begin my own rotational play. Have a great week end everyone!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Thanks for the highlight, @EA_Leeloo! I must have missed Mai's last highlight. What happened to her? :D

I'm looking forward to the new pack and that screenshot is adorable.

@divanthesimmer she left the forum in July.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978575/vadish-and-dag-dag-simmers/p1
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    A lot of really awesim things have happened this week! Thank you for giving us a highlight and I am excited to see what next week brins to us!
  • PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »
    Needless to say, yesterday's big reveal has been one of the most-discussed topics this week...

Needless to say, yesterday's joke of a DLC has been one of the most despised by the community, and we continue to deafen ourselves to your concerns.

I assume that's what you meant. Because that's what I heard.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    edited August 2020
    Needles to say, the post above (edit, and below ) mine should not been posted in here, there are anothers , much more suitable threads to post that kind of stuff.

Anyway, thanks for the higlights !!!! :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SapphireKaiSapphireKai Posts: 33 Member
    edited August 2020
    Needless to say, yesterday's big reveal has been one of the most-discussed topics this week...

Needless to say, yesterday's joke of a DLC has been one of the most despised by the community, and we continue to deafen ourselves to your concerns.

I assume that's what you meant. Because that's what I heard.

That's what I read too. It's not so much that they deafen themselves, it seems they simply don't care.
    Maybe it's that weird Mandela Effect thing? We just see something different. sarcasm

The Celestial Sapphire Lotus.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    @divanthesimmer As you have found out by now (thanks @simgirl1010!), EA_Mai has moved on from the forums to work on other great projects. :)

@wickichick It is a great thread and I had a lot of fun reading how others work it! And I'm happy to hear that you have been enjoying rotational play, too! :smiley:

@maggiemarley Sure thing and thank you for the great suggestion! I'll keep it in mind. :relaxed:

@gothicsimmer Thank you, I'm loving this part of the week where I get to put together the Friday Highlights thread! And it's great if you like it, too! :heart:

@PlagueRaven and @SapphireKai I understand that you don't like the next game pack and that it might not be what everyone had hoped for. But that is still no reason to bait and flame in this thread - or any thread on this forum for that matter. Don't forget that there are still Simmers out there who are very much looking forward to the pack and it this kind of behaviour is really unfair to them!
    In general, constructive feedback and criticism are always welcome, but it is not okay to comment in that manner, please remember that.

- Leeloo
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm mixed on the star wars.While I enjoyed some of the movies.Not so sure if sims is the right game to add it to.I think I'll let others buy
    it first, and watch videos before I make judgements.
    Thank you for the hightlights on Friday =)
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Thanks for the thread.

The Star Wars pack looks like fun. There's a new pack every couple of months. We just had knitting, which was something I was fine passing on.

Is there any news on when the future cube bug will be fixed? The spawning of millions of cubes and clay blocks are getting out of hand. Thanks! @Ea_Leelooo
  • SapphireKaiSapphireKai Posts: 33 Member

@PlagueRaven and @SapphireKai I understand that you don't like the next game pack and that it might not be what everyone had hoped for. But that is still no reason to bait and flame in this thread - or any thread on this forum for that matter. Don't forget that there are still Simmers out there who are very much looking forward to the pack and it this kind of behaviour is really unfair to them!
    In general, constructive feedback and criticism are always welcome, but it is not okay to comment in that manner, please remember that.

- Leeloo

You are only helping our points.
    I'll leave it at that.

The Celestial Sapphire Lotus.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @ea_leeloo there's no friday highlight for september 4th?
    @GraceyManor That is fair and I think a few people are taking that approach. I watched some of the Game Changer videos and they made it look like it was a fun pack. I did enjoy the mission-based gameplay of StrangerVille (while it's certainly not my favourite pack) so it might be up my alley after all ...
    Let me know what you think and if you have changed your mind - or not! There are also a good few threads already where the community is discussing the pack with the pros and cons; maybe that would be a good place for you to check? :smiley:

@imhappy You're welcome! :heart: I get it, and ultimately, since the community is so diverse, not every pack will be a great fit for every player. If you should play this pack, I'd love to hear what you think, too!

@SapphireKai I just asked you to think about the way you posted here. Having said that, you can absolutely be against the pack and voice this opinion in an appropriate manner; there are already threads on this forum dedicated to negative constructive feedback on the Star Wars pack that you might feel are better suitable for this discussion than the Friday Highlights. :)

@telmarina Yes, there were no Highlights on September 4th because I spent my day(s) going through the many pages of content and feedback on the forum. Unfortunately, that didn't leave any time to prepare the post. :( But this week the Highlights should be back!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thank you for the answer :) i love the highlights thread. See you next week :smiley:
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    @telmarina Yes, there were no Highlights on September 4th because I spent my day(s) going through the many pages of content and feedback on the forum. Unfortunately, that didn't leave any time to prepare the post. :( But this week the Highlights should be back!

Speaking of feedback, do you actually relay "feedback" information to Gurus or The Dev team?

@telmarina Sure! And I'm super happy to hear that you're enjoying the weekly highlights! :smiley:

@Chicklet453681 Yes, I do pass on feedback.
    I understand that it might not always feel like it but I'd like to assure you and remind you that just because someone from the forum team hasn't replied to a thread/post it doesn't automatically mean it wasn't read. :relaxed:
    With all the great discussions here on the forum, I obviously can't relay everything but I'm trying my best. However, I would also like to mention that not all things shared here can be implemented into the game or acted on right away - but again, that doesn't mean that the community isn't heard. :)
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited September 2020
    @telmarina Sure! And I'm super happy to hear that you're enjoying the weekly highlights! :smiley:

@Chicklet453681 Yes, I do pass on feedback.
    I understand that it might not always feel like it but I'd like to assure you and remind you that just because someone from the forum team hasn't replied to a thread/post it doesn't automatically mean it wasn't read. :relaxed:
    With all the great discussions here on the forum, I obviously can't relay everything but I'm trying my best. However, I would also like to mention that not all things shared here can be implemented into the game or acted on right away - but again, that doesn't mean that the community isn't heard. :)

Perfect! I was just wondering if someone did actually "data mine" information from the feedback section. I completely understand the limitations and time involved. But it's nice to know to some of the feedback is getting relayed back to the team. Thank you for answering.
  • blockhart93blockhart93 Posts: 56 Member
    edited February 2021
    Deleted..
    Post edited by blockhart93 on