Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone ready for TS5 now?

KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
....Just saying...with what is fixing to be released.
I was on board with it at first, but now after much thought and listens to arguments from both sides, I am not sure how I feel and I am probably not going to purchase it.

But...you know...TS5 is looking good right now...I'm desperate for news.

Yes, I know people will say "how will TS5 be any better." yeah I hear you, but I am HOPING they take feedback from TS4 and make a better game. It can't be any worse than TS4 can it?.....Can it?
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    I want Sims 5. But if they intend on adding deeper gameplay to the sims 4 and story progression and shopping malls, all things they mentioned in the 2020 survey, i can hold on a little while longer. On that note i wonder when they would announce it. Seriously, we cant have more than 1 more year of sims 4....we've got to be nearing the conclusion soon.
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I want Sims 5. But if they intend on adding deeper gameplay to the sims 4 and story progression and shopping malls, all things they mentioned in the 2020 survey, i can hold on a little while longer. On that note i wonder when they would announce it. Seriously, we cant have more than 1 more year of sims 4....we've got to be nearing the conclusion soon.

If TS4 content release is exactly like it was for 2020.....yeah....No...
    I have been more than ready.
    People are crazy if they think TS4 will last till 2022 and beyond.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I love TS4 so I will likely purchase TS5 but not play it right away.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    The only reason I don't want S5 is because I personally feel it will be nothing like the sims anymore at all and my disappointment would be immeasurable with all hope gone....

Also after the way EA has treated its customer base with S4 I simply don't trust them anymore to even be capable of doing a half decent job of it..
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I think it's time for them to move away from the Sims 4. The engine is just too limited, and they are either unwilling or cannot make significant changes to the game at this point.
    But.......I don't think Sims 5 will be good either. I think it will be online, multiplayer, and I think the DLC will be even worse. I think it will be quite bad.
    I'm looking forward to Paralives and whatever Ron Humble is working on.
    bixters wrote: »
    I think it's time for them to move away from the Sims 4. The engine is just too limited, and they are either unwilling or cannot make significant changes to the game at this point.
    But.......I don't think Sims 5 will be good either. I think it will be online, multiplayer, and I think the DLC will be even worse. I think it will be quite bad.
    I'm looking forward to Paralives and whatever Ron Humble is working on.

I am just hoping that they MIGHT take feedback and make a better game.....is that so unheard of? Or am I crazy?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    @KaeChan2089 i am more than ready for the sims5 i am eager to hear or see the annoncement when they finaly annonce the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @KaeChan2089

While I have always hoped they might have learned their lessons from S4 going forward into S5 unfortunately there is no evidence to suggest S5 would be any better or if they would actually treat their sims fan base better than they have done over the last few years so I tend to agree with @bixters comments at this time..
    edited August 2020

I am just hoping that they MIGHT take feedback and make a better game.....is that so unheard of? Or am I crazy?

I'm sure the devs want to make a better game, but EA has different plans... :/

It may be time to ditch the franchise.. It had a good run while it lasted
    bixters wrote: »

I'm sure the devs want to make a better game, but EA has different plans... :/

It may be time to ditch the franchise.. It had a good run while it lasted

:( A shame..
    Good thing I still enjoy the heck out of TS2.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I'd have to see Sims 5 and hear some feedback before I would buy it or even get excited about it at this point. I don't have high hopes but would love to be surprised.
    :( A shame..
    Good thing I still enjoy the heck out of TS2.

I love the Sims 2, I'd just install a ton of mods and play it. The Sims 4 is fun with A LOT of mods too :D
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Only if Star Wars stuff is mandatory in the Sims 5 Base game.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I just don't have faith they will improve with the sims 5. I hope they can prove me wrong.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I'll be ready if and when it arrives.

Why is this in TS4 General Discussion? 🤔
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm not sure why people think the sims 5 is going to be perfect and fix everyones issues with TS4, if you don't like the direction the games going in now you probably won't like the next one.

If they aren't paying attention to what players want now, I doubt they'll suddenly start for the next game sadly.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    As long as it's not going to be an online game, I'm ready for it. There's a ton of potential there, it will be interesting to see what they do with it
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Nah. But I am ready for the Star Wars pack! <3
    #Team Occult
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm not sure why people think the sims 5 is going to be perfect and fix everyones issues with TS4, if you don't like the direction the games going in now you probably won't like the next one.

If they aren't paying attention to what players want now, I doubt they'll suddenly start for the next game sadly.

Exactly this. Be careful what you wish for.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    ts4 biggest excuse was that they scrapped the online features and so they had to redo half the game, that's why people has faith on ts5. hopefully the people working on it are more competent
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    In truth, no. I mean, it may end up not being an on-line, strictly limited mmo-wannabe-Second Life-lite, but that's what I'm kind of expecting.
  • walkiesockiewalkiesockie Posts: 3 New Member
    I’ve been ready for a sims 5 for a few years. A proper open world like sims 3, but more optimized. Still love sims 4 though.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Yeah I'm ready. Hopefully the next game engine will give them more creative freedom.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    As long as the people who’ve been making decisions about TS4 have nothing to do with TS5.
    babajayne wrote: »
    As long as the people who’ve been making decisions about TS4 have nothing to do with TS5.

I agree....