Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Game Changers - Do they speak for us?

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I don’t know why everyone is upset. I don’t believe the game changers have ever spoken for the community. They speak to their own likes, dislikes, and wants, and some people follow them because they like watching their video’s and listening to their opinions, some people even agree with them. The reason they are game changers is because people LIKE to watch their channels, and yes, it’s a form of advertisement. Just because James doesn’t like my first pet stuff doesn’t mean I don’t like it (I do). But, I still like to watch some of his video’s for entertainment reasons. If game changers weren’t liked by the community and watched, they wouldn’t be there, so they only hurt themselves if they suppress their true feelings and thus lose viewers....
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    No
    No, it's utterly up to you if you wanna buy it.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    They don't speak for us; they advertise for EA. It actually is brilliant marketing on EA's part, but it still really is just marketing. The best part for EA is it really doesn't cost them much -- trips every once in a while, advance copies of games, for a potent method of reaching interested customers.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No
    Definitely no. I feel like most of them hide their true feelings towards packs because they're to afraid of loosing their game changer status.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    “Game changers” should be #canceled. A lot of the things we didn’t want is because of them. They have more influence & say then the actual community here that use their hard working money to buy these products while these “game changers” sold their dignity to get everything for free.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No
    Here are my two problems with the game changer program... I am going to say program because I don’t want to trash individuals.

One, I don’t feel the program diverse enough which is why we have issues with hair and skin.

Two many of the game changers seem to be builders and not actual players of the game. This affects the feedback dramatically in my opinion. I feel like the build requests are high priority while gameplay requests are at the bottom. I am very certain of my opinion because I have watched game changers not understand basic sims function in their lets play. I am always scratching my head saying do you actually play the game or are you just doing these videos for the money? If you think I’m kidding, think about how many packs you have purchased just for the build/buy stuff. Think about how many times you have said the gameplay is lacking. Too many builders and not enough players of the game.

Simply put, I don’t believe the devs are getting proper feedback. Correct me if I am wrong didn’t watch the show but heard rumblings, it took xmira on sparkd talking about her skin pack for the skin tone issue to get visibility. I actually play the game and rarely build so no they don’t speak for me and they cannot even offer suggestions to improve the game for me either. From what I have seen, they don’t know enough.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    They do not influence me in any way. If I watch its to get some info that I might have missed but thats rarely as well.

I can't remember the last time I have wanted so much a dislike button on a forum. They are just simmers who get a chance to do something they enjoy doing. If the program is so distasteful to some of you then pretty easy not to watch the videos. They don't harm anyone and I doubt they influence the developers in any way significant way.

@Evee95 LGR makes money off his videos. And his fans are well known for sending him the games and/or packs to try. Not just Sims. So his style works quite well for him. And I have no reason to doubt his honesty. Why would I? I dont know him personally. Nor do I know the game changers so why would I doubt what they say.

If the game changer program is so distasteful then email EA and complain. Not come on the forums and trash the simmers who are in the program. That wasnt aimed at you Evee95 personally
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    I saw that one said "Don't like it, don't buy it". I don't care what else they say about anything because that sets them up as condescending and clueless.

Well, they got so many hateful comments that they shut down their Twitter account for 1/2 day to clean up the mess. Save to say that they won't be saying anything along those lines for a while.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    No
    I don't watch game changers, I watch let's plays from simmers I have been watching since Sims 3 days. These simmers have had a following since way before Sims 4, which is probably why EA choose them to be game changers. They were making videos long before the game changer program was even a thing, and I don't see any change in how they present themselves now and how they did then. They are also not going to influence me to get a pack I don't like just because they do. I love James Turners videos, he loves the idea of the Star Wars pack, I don't. I will watch him incorporate it into his let's plays, I might even enjoy what he does with it, but I won't be running out and buying it because he says so.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    No
    Like creating a platform for “change” is literally in the name “Game Changer.” It’s a revolutionary, an envelope-pushing enthusiast, a transformative firebrand pioneering broad changes.

They should always be at the forefront pushing for game improvements or additions. Even if they like the theme of a pack, they should continue to encourage much-needed upgrades to the game core, etc.

If you’re not “changing the game” or leading the way, or if you’re just resting on your laurels, you’re not a “Game Changer” you’re a yes-man.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    No
    "Game changers" are people like the rest of us with their own opinions and interests. No one person can speak for an entire community
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’ve seen some cringy reaction videos to the trailer. I can’t take anyone seriously who is gasping and looking shocked every 3 seconds, over what? It’s just more recycled animations and sims’ facial expressions that we know aren’t based in gameplay. One in particular doesn’t even like Star Wars, so why do the overly dramatized reaction?

I think some GCers represent me and others absolutely don’t.
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    Copying my reply from another thread (with some editing):

It's almost like the GC have forgotten they used to be regular players like the rest of us, that they had the same complaints as us, that they felt as unimportant to the dev team as the rest of us... But now, they have been afforded privileges that mean they no longer view The Sims through the lens of the common player.

It's easy to forgive something, when you have no investment in it. For GC it's easy for them to be remain positive or forgive the multitude of sins the game has, when they are essentially; given the game for free, given early access to the game, are given some level of involvement in the game, given access to the team/devs, and are indirectly making money of the game.

And as for them saying 'don't like it, don't buy it' or similar sentiments if just reeks of 'celebrities' who tell the common working individual how they should feel/react etc... while sitting in their multi million dollar home. Extreme comparison I know but the underlying reasoning is the same.

They aren't normal players, though. However, Game Changers have no say in the game, nor are their issues instantly heard. This thought process needs to die quickly. They are not doing anything for the game but promoting it.

And, if you don't like something, don't buy it. It's simple. Protest with your wallet. EA is a company that needs money to function. If people stop buying packs they dislike, they may listen. My First Pet Stuff was claimed to be the most hated pack yet it was one of the best selling Stuff Packs.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    No
    babajayne wrote: »
    I’ve seen some cringy reaction videos to the trailer. I can’t take anyone seriously who is gasping and looking shocked every 3 seconds, over what? It’s just more recycled animations and sims’ facial expressions that we know aren’t based in gameplay. One in particular doesn’t even like Star Wars, so why do the overly dramatized reaction?

Hahaha, @babajayne yes the exhaustively shocked video template for making YouTube content needs to be game-changed ASAP.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    babajayne wrote: »

The accuracy :D with their click bait thumbnails looking like if they were disappointed with the new packs :D
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    No
    What makes you think their role is to respond on your behalf rather their own?
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    No
    No, I like to think they try... But sadly no.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    I like the game changers and enjoy their content but I often disagree with them. I most often agree with Plumbella, but I don't need to have the same opinions as a youtuber to be able to be entertained by them. I almost always disagree with lilsimsie (i'm an occult fan) but I still enjoy watching her LPs and think she's hilarious. I love them, but no they don't speak for me.

I just wish EA would listen to requests from the players instead of treating game changers like community managers. We only really get changes made to the game when a bunch of the most popular youtubers start making noise about something. There are way more people that spend money on lots of Sims packs that never engage with the online community at all. I think posting about polls on the main menu of the game is a great addition they made, and I wish they would use that more instead of relying on youtubers for all their critique.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    No
    They can't speak for everyone. A fact a lot of people need to accept.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    No
    I just put no because I can't choose "it depends".

EA Game Changers are kinda like those makeup artists on Youtube who get sponsorships/partnerships from makeup companies.
    It all just depends on who you trust.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    No
    no one speaks for me but me
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    No
    No, they don’t. Personally, I only watch one or two of them with any regularity, and I do so because their content is entertaining. I expect nothing else from them & thus I am rarely disappointed.

I used to feel differently until I watched as many GCs as I could find and discovered that their videos, both promoting packs and addressing “hot topics,” were using talking points. While they might have stylistic differences, sometimes you can find them all using the same phrases word-for-word.

Ultimately, their job is to promote the game and they do it well. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t have the fan bases that they do.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    No
    I think at this point, you need to know Game changers are "Hype Cheerleaders". That's all.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    No, it's utterly up to you if you wanna buy it.
    This. it gets annoying having people especially kids and retirees tell me how to spend the money that I earn. Game Changers and yibSims have never influenced my buying decisions. Even with them some love packs some hate them. EnglishSimmer called the new GP the moschino of GPs. I just take joy from those comments about the game. Plus if I want to spoil my parents with a much needed mattress or get my service dog treats I do. I am blessed for having work right now and silly people are being shamed about it during covid especially with my line of work is helping those not able to work right now. Sims isn't the only game I play either. Who knew we would get shamed for being gamers buying games. Not like Sims has ever been a cheap hobby either so it is like with anything there are always going to be smart and dumb purchases. I still take the time for self care too. Home spa days are the best.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Yes
    Copying this over from another thread.

Being a GC changer really only means they get the pack for free and sometimes they get early access, trips and free stuff. They sometimes do sponsored events to show off packs etc. I do believe these have guidelines to follow.

Other then those events, if a game changer is afraid to speak their mind honestly they don't need to be a game changer. Some GC's do speak out. Players asked if they were afraid of getting kicked out. They said they were doing what a GC is supposed to do. Provide feedback.

From EA ...
    "EA Game Changers is a community partnership program that fuses content creators and expert players directly into the game development process enabling early collaborative feedback for improvements. We also empower creators with early access gameplay capture to inspire innovative storytelling."

I do believe some GC are in the program just for the free stuff and will not jeopardize losing it so they will not speak their own mind.

All GC are free to speak. If anyone feels the GC is not being a "good GC" then don't watch them. No one is going to agree %100 percent. There are only a couple that I watch because I believe they are not fake and afraid.

NEW STUFF ...

Deli said she was not expecting this kind of pack. She has a passion for the game and has spoken out about it in the past. If you watch her content you should already know this. Deli is a positive person and someone was being mean to her and she went off. She is frustrated that players say she is biased because of her GC status. We saw one trailer and read one blog post just as she did. She was hopeful to find somthing she liked about the pack. She can dislike something and still remain positive on the matter. It's a gift that makes Deligracy Deli!