Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yikes .... The Game Pack Trailer has more dislikes than likes

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2020
    akaseven wrote: »
    i think eco lifestyle has the same reaction in terms of dislike right? well i kind prefer a star wars pack because of theme vibe, so i think i will like, i wait for some news or gameplay videos

No, judging by the likes/dislikes ratio on the trailer, it's mostly positive... ish. 93k likes vs 39k dislikes. This trailer is getting bombed, though. I've never seen such a reception, especially one about Star Wars. But I do understand it.

It might be restrictive to what neighborhoods one can alter and it might be limited in how and where one can use it but don't know until EA/Maxis gives more info, I prefer to able to use any pack in any neighborhood like previous versions and not be stuck in one neighborhood especially if all the lots are stationary.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • MisslizardMisslizard Posts: 162 Member
    I literally just saw the trailer and just thought "What the?" How does Sims and Stars Wars go together? Instead of putting out more game packs perhaps the guru's need to look at what to fix in the game or even add to the current game- Babies for one. People have been screaming for real life babies for ages. Open world concept? That was definitely one of the perks of TS3 vs TS4. How about updating 64-bit systems for TS3? Instead of making something completely unrelated to what (Most) simmers want. I won't be buying this pack because I have no interest in it. That isn't to say it won't get sold because of people curiosity. But seriously- Stars Wars? Disappointed EA. Very disappointing....
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    *Shrugs oh well.* Never been a fan of the whole Facebook like/dislike trend anyways.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    It is a pack that is for a very small population of simmers. The YouTubers I usually watch haven't even dropped their reaction videos yet, and they usually have them out rather quickly. This was a bad omen to me for the pack as in watching reaction videos I tend to realize maybe my initial negative response to some packs was over the top, however it is suggesting I'm on the mark about this game. This is disappointing and I don't see the likes/dislikes rebounding like other packs. In my case I could justify every other pack (although My Fist Pets and StrangerVille were hard sells), this is the first pack I can not justify.
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    wickichick wrote: »
    i suppose there is always going to be a pack that i cannot live with and when that happens then i have to remind myself that not everyone was thrilled with nifty knitting..i like eco living but i am going to wait until the bugs i know would "bug" me get fixed ...and this gamepack stings in the disappointment area...for those who will be happy then for this ..i am glad ...i will live through this...but geeeze I wanted this to be something super good.

The sad thing is for me this is the first pack since my Sims 2 days in which I can not justify buying. Given I love the sims today has been a dark day for me on the gaming front.
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    gcubed wrote: »
    More people are starting to realise that this isn't what the game that we love needs. Its just a blatant cash in on the Star Wars Franchise. This is no surprise to the players who have been concerned with the state of the game for years now. At this point I feel nothing but disappointment.

You say a cash-in, but that's not how it works. A lot of Sims players are not fans of Star Wars and a lot of Star Wars fans do not play the Sims. The pack that should have been a cash-in was Realm of Magic if they crossed it with Harry Potter.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    You have to wonder if they’ve seriously miscalculated the amount of crossover fans The Sims shares with Star Wars.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    The like/ dislike ratio atm is wow... Well and we knew this pack was on the table... It was on speculation but we knew... Now imagine if there's no leak..
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I'm honestly looking at it this way, I'm not a fan of star wars but this could add something too my aliens and robots, give the story that this is where my alien sim is from, plus the weird looking sims look really cool and the world
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    pPWb5YO.jpg
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2020
    ratingPNG_qqxnenx.png

It can be video with the worst rating on Youtube... 2 dislikes for every like.
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Meh. It doesn't represent the silent majority. I'd be interested in seeing how it does in sales, but we'll probably never know because maxis doesn't share that info.

THE SILENT MAJORITY is a fallacy. You cannot gauge the opinion of the "silent" majority. Assuming that everyone who is silent SUPPORTS this pack is deeply flawed logic.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @Naus It's equally naive to assume that YT viewers make up the majority of players. We can conclude that the majority of YT viewers (so far) have downvoted the trailer (not even the GP itself). Neither more, nor less.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    The Star Wars game pack is going to be one the best-selling game packs ever. o:)

I love the way you are always positive Colton! Perhaps the game needs a bit of a kick to get it off the Nifty Knitting cosy vibes.

👵I didn't like it at first but now wondering what I can do with it. There's always cheats! :D<3
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I only clicked on the video to dislike it. I didn't even watch it.

Speaking in my language
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I woke up to see if the hate died down..
    Heck no WOW that dislike ratio.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member

I had 600 notifications when I woke up
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    No surprise. This was not what the people wanted.
    OO2UdmJ.png

I am also beginning to change my opinion, I was all for it yesterday but after watching videos etc. I can totally see why people are angry.
    I might not buy this afterall.

And all I can say...bring on TS5.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member

I am also beginning to change my opinion, I was all for it yesterday but after watching videos etc. I can totally see why people are angry.

I dunno, you were excited for the pack for a while. I know it deserves criticism, but I'd hate to see you miss out on something you like.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited August 2020
    The Herd Dislikes.
    Glad I'm not part of The Herd.

*happily flies off into the other direction*.
    Gordy wrote: »

I dunno, you were excited for the pack for a while. I know it deserves criticism, but I'd hate to see you miss out on something you like.

To be honest I am just conflicted...I don't know how I feel.