Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Total disappointment with the new pack. Does EA care what their simmers want!!

MicdaliMicdali Posts: 71 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
My mind was totally blown when I heard the new expansion pack was star wars. Really!!! I've been playing this game since Sims 1 in the very beginning and this is the worst yet. Fine, you want to add packs like this, but fix what doesn't work first. You can show your simmers you care about them by improving the game, not adding ridiculous packs like that to waste money on. My suggestions for improvements would be: 1. improve the babies, they really need improvement, you should be able to go out with them, sit with them, pass them to other family members, change their clothes, change their cribs so they can have a real nursery, put them in strollers and leave the house with them, not be stuck at the crib!! 2. toddlers: children should be able to actually play and do more with their toddler siblings, as well as parents, toddlers should be able to sit at a child's table to eat, not just high chair. they should be able to paint, parents should be able to put them in strollers and go out with them or hold their hands. And if they do go out with them, the parents forget all about them, fix that! 3. Dancing, really improve this, bring it back the way it used to be, when you danced it was connected not this current nonsense. bring back slow dance, parents dancing with their children, that was so cool. 4. weddings need a lot of work, I don't' even bother anymore. you spend all this time setting up the perfect wedding and decor and the guest can't sit down and watch or applaud, congratulate the couple, there used to be toast and cutting of the cake. its such a disconnect, like guest, don't even know why they are there. oh and you should be able to simply buy a cake if you forgot to make one. 5. bring back horses, now that's something we can all appreciate, they were a really cool element to the game. 6. allow family members to babysit their grandchildren, nieces, and nephews, etc. 7. Fix the constant changing of clothes to the weirdest outfits. you spend all that time dressing them and they change their clothes right after when they do anything.
Make it worth it for your loyal customers to continue to want to play the game. don't' just think of useless ways for us to waste our money. I thought the game was a simulation of life, so make it more like that, I'm for fantasy games, but improve what we need first.
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    You pretty much nailed it. The fact that I plumming hate Star Wars is only part of why I'm angry about this. We can't even get extensive family relationships, but now we have x-wing fighters? And even more stupid outfits for our townies to be walking around in? I uninstalled last night, I just can't anymore. They're clearly creating for themselves, not the players. If they wanted a Star Wars pack so bad, then why not create it as a stand alone game?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Wonder how players would feel if the pack was farming, but all the actual issues were ignored. I'm sure the reaction would be very different
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited August 2020
    Farming has been highly requested, unlike Star Wars. Though I’d rather we get it as an EP than a GP.

Many people, me included, want cars. And what about the Winter Vacation GP ?
    Or real personalities ?

I love the sims, and I enjoy TS4, but there isn’t that much content, you get bored quickly and I end buying many EPs, SPs, GPs I’m not that interested in just to have new stuff to do in my game.
    So I was hoping this GP would give more stuff to do for my sims, more useful build/buy etc, a Star Wars GP, even though I like SW, and it’s probably fun to play, isn’t something that will bring more to my game. So I see this as a waste of content. Or a way to promote the new SW movies.

It’s like we tell them what we want but they keep doing stuff most people don’t want. But do the devs have a word to say or are all the decisions made by EA ?
    Onverser wrote: »
    Wonder how players would feel if the pack was farming, but all the actual issues were ignored. I'm sure the reaction would be very different

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I’ll post this tweet Kate posted, she says the gurus don’t have any say regarding content.

I think gurus care about what we want, but EA doesn’t.

• LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    Hey, since when bug fixes and general improvements is conflicting with new Packs releases?

There are doubtlessly all kinds of issues and compromises but neither "we" are the arbiters of game crafted in someone else's studio. Or home office.
    AxxYIX4.png
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Strangely enough I saw post from "friends" on Facebook that I didn't even know played the Sims 4 excited by the new pack so I guess there must have been people asking for a Star Wars pack
    Myself I possibly will not get it as I can't see the game play added to the rest of the game. Hopefully November will bring an awesome expansion and the few month some major fixes and free update patches (taking off the rose coloured glasses now)
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • VodkaVodka Posts: 25 Member
    They clearly do not.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited August 2020
    EA owns the star wars license.
    They don't care what we want they just push it into as many things as possible.

Because money.

Knowing how badly EA has messed up ACTUAL Star wars games this should be no surprise.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I’ll post this tweet Kate posted, she says the gurus don’t have any say regarding content.

That’s interesting.
    I think it was Grant that said they have a lot of freedom with the theme and get to decide a lot.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    EA owns the star wars license.
    They don't care what we want they just push it into as many things as possible.

Because money.

Knowing how badly EA has messed up ACTUAL Star wars games this should be no surprise.

I think the reason why we are getting this is because their own Star Wars games flopped. So what better way to recover their losses? Pass it to a community that will buy anything.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020

Exactly. I don't see why a lot of people pin the blame on the devs and the gurus, EA heavily controls what they can and can't do. They want the game to be the best it can be like all of us. I think it's pretty clear that with this pack especially, the theme was definitely chosen by the higher ups.

People attack and harrass the devs on twitter every time they don't get their way, and then they wonder why the devs dont interact with the community much.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I want cars.
    I want bands.
    I want a better personality system.
    I want to play with the grim reaper.
    I want to time travel into the past.
    I want more interactions for all life stages.
    I want bed cuddles and slow dance.
    I want canes and buggies and wheelchairs.
    I want more supernatural life states.
    I want dragons.
    I want less civilized worlds.
    I want a horse.
    I want a farm.
    I want many things.

I also want Star Wars.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited August 2020
    EA cares about two things, their money and their shareholders.

This time it was most likely money and the partnership with EA and Disney that decided the pack and not Maxis.

I'm not sure that Maxis wants to make the most requested things from their fans either though, at least not right now, maybe over a span of several more years they might do it, but I think it is taking too long. Packs like Eco Lifestyle are just draining resources over other things that more people wanted. And soon EA are going to want to cash in on the next generation consoles and ask Maxis to make a game for that. Which could pull the plug on the sims 4.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Bravo CAPTAIN_NXR7!😁
    I too want everything what you listed.
    And I am looking forward to the new Star Wars.😍
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Exactly. I don't see why a lot of people pin the blame on the devs and the gurus, EA heavily controls what they can and can't do. They want the game to be the best it can be like all of us. I think it's pretty clear that with this pack especially, the theme was definitely chosen by the higher ups.

People attack and harrass the devs on twitter every time they don't get their way, and then they wonder why the devs dont interact with the community much.

I don’t condone bullying gurus, but when a company makes a platform for employees to be the “public face” of a franchise (ex: the gurus program) lines become blurred between company and person for many social media users.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Unless it's a community-voted pack, no. I don't really think what players want factors in that much.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I want cars.
    I want bands.
    I want a better personality system.
    I want to play with the grim reaper.
    I want to time travel into the past.
    I want more interactions for all life stages.
    I want bed cuddles and slow dance.
    I want canes and buggies and wheelchairs.
    I want more supernatural life states.
    I want dragons.
    I want less civilized worlds.
    I want a horse.
    I want a farm.
    I want many things.

I also want Star Wars.

*Picks up mic that Captain dropped.*

Word.

#Team Occult
  • MicdaliMicdali Posts: 71 Member
    There was no disrespect as commented above, we are all simmers and are entitled to express our disappointment. Now as for them not caring what we want, I can't say one way or another. But I do know if enough of us complain and express what we want, they would have to eventually listen, especially if it caused enough people to stop buying the game. Look what happened with Toddlers, we were upset about that being left out and expressed grief over it and now we have toddlers. Also, I don't' hate star wars, I love the movies, just didn't get why they are not fixing important issues first or improving the game.
  • asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    edited September 2020
    We don't have hotels, cars, normal babies, amusement parks or farming. We had all of these in TS3, not to mention a number of interactions that they didn't bother to add to TS4. You would think that EA would focus on developing these gameplay enhancing features. But no, they want to give us Star Wars despite that the Star Wars idea polled the lowest.

LOL what an absolute joke! 😂😂😂
    Post edited by asa144 on
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    OP this post is so true. I haven't played Sims in weeks and don't miss it. The only time I load up the game is to update and makeover randomly generated ugly townie. S4 game play lacks hard. Object babies and some kind of family dynamic is something players have been begging EA to fix from the jump, and we get Star Wars... wow. To me that's just another 'we don't care, we know you'll cave in and buy it' pack, because S4 leaves players so hungry for more content. The thing is though, there isn't enough actions and emotions, traits and animations. Most of us don't want another pack, we want the whole game revamped. That isn't going to happen, so EA keeps pushing out the packs..
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• JaycemeSwainJaycemeSwain Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Dianesims said:
    > Farming has been highly requested, unlike Star Wars. Though I’d rather we get it as an EP than a GP.
    > (Quote)
    Farming is highly requested by a vocal minority. I don't want an EP/GP/SP that would literally require Seasons to function properly. If the pack was dlc of dlc farming or a generations pack that didn't fix all the issues, this specific vocal minority wouldn't be crying so loud because its the niche pack that they wanted.
    I literally see this pack as a good pack since it is still better than TS3 Sweet Treats and I wanted a SW pack that at the very least added some gameplay for non SW fans, which it does with Sabacc
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    No, they don't.
  • LA_sports_girl87LA_sports_girl87 Posts: 24 Member
    Yes! EA seems so focused on churning out expansion packs/stuff content/etc that they aren't bothering to make the game fully functional. I guess it doesn't matter, as long as people continue to spend money on the new content.