Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The biggest problem when they release a pack you don't personally like

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    The biggest problem when they release a pack you don't personally like or want to buy/play is the fact that it will take SO LONG for the next opportunity to get a pack you may like. They've been saying a new game pack is on the way for a while now. For those of us who have zero interest in this Star Wars Game Pack, where does that leave us? It means we now have to wait MONTHS for them to announce another pack and HOPE that the next pack is something we will enjoy. To me, that is the most upsetting part.

I already was not interested in the Knitting pack and now since I'm not interested in the Star Wars pack, that is now 2 in a row that do not speak to me as a player. They are not doing good as far as I'm concerned at this moment in time. I am disappointed. I hope they come up with another pack soon and that the next pack will appeal to me.

I totally agree. In the perfect world they should have a team focused on cranking out main expansion packs people want and request on a timely schedule. Then an entirely separate team to make these sideshow game pack projects and more niche stuff packs. That way, if you don’t like one, the wait isn’t as unbearably long until the next. It kind of makes me miss the TS3 store!

I think they need to either start releasing packs more often or start releasing multiple packs at the same time that way we have options.
  • username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    Melmack wrote: »
    @nindingo man, can you just let people express themselves? Like "thanks mom/dad, I feel much better, and your always right" that what you need to hear?

Exactly. Like people are disappointed . Just because its a "game" doesnt mean people dont have strong feelings about it.
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    I know how you feel. Tiny Living, Eco Living, Nifty Knitting. Wasn't interested by any of them. But now I can have lightsabers. So yeah, I'm finally going to buy a pack again!
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Boo hoo. God forbid they make one pack that isn't targeted towards family players.

I'm just so tired of entitled players demanding everything be targeted to them or else they throw a screaming fit. Not everything is going to appeal to everyone, that's how it goes. There's been 35 packs in TS4, four of which have been for players who want out-there gameplay. Four. Out of 35. People who like out-there gameplay have had to put up with a lot more waiting for packs they like. Even then every time family players have managed to ruin it for everyone else because they can't handle the fact that the world doesn't revolve around them and not every release is going to pander to them.

Yes because family play surely isn’t lacking at all in favor of the same old party packs that have been pumped out. Or anything just focusing on young adults and ignoring other life stages.
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I feel the same, after I bought Eco Lifestyle I told myself. "No more buying packs at release". And well... that might turn into "No more buying packs until Maxis improves the game".

After this reveal, I'm honestly starting to feel bad about criticizing Eco Lifestyle... :# Even that pack isn't nearly as bad as this.

You're judging something that hasn't even released yet. I don't understand.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    All packs won't appeal to all players. Personally, I love Star Wars but have no interest in the theme in my game & won't be buying it as it doesn't fit my play style....but it's not that big of a deal to me.

My big issue right now, is the state of my game and the buggy mess that they have left us with after Eco Living with so many key features broken. So even if the pack was something I loved, I probably wouldn't buy it until they fixed the game.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »
    I feel the same, after I bought Eco Lifestyle I told myself. "No more buying packs at release". And well... that might turn into "No more buying packs until Maxis improves the game".

After this reveal, I'm honestly starting to feel bad about criticizing Eco Lifestyle... :# Even that pack isn't nearly as bad as this.

Oh, lots of people do this. Rather be negative than keep an open mind, right? Eco-Lifestyle received so much hate just being announced. Lots of people had decided everything about it was pure trash (sorry, lol), before anything about it had been revealed, basically. Some of those folks allowed themselves to be pleasantly surprised once it released, while the diehard haters stubbornly kept their backs turned and became quiet, as the spotlight faded.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I haven't bought a single pack this year. Not one. So I feel you
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ShaymanthaShaymantha Posts: 769 Member
    > @Dianesims said:
    > I agree. And when are they gonna give us cars ?

Yeah i miss having cars too :(
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    If cars are put into the game, Sims will just drive around in them on the sidewalks like they do now on bicycles! Cars + not open world = :#

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Oh, lots of people do this. Rather be negative than keep an open mind, right? Eco-Lifestyle received so much hate just being announced. Lots of people had decided everything about it was pure trash (sorry, lol), before anything about it had been revealed, basically. Some of those folks allowed themselves to be pleasantly surprised once it released, while the diehard haters stubbornly kept their backs turned and became quiet, as the spotlight faded.
    I kept an open mind, watched the trailer a few times, and didn’t like what I saw. People are always saying that “if you don’t like it, don’t buy it.” but when I say I don’t like it or want to buy it, I’m told that my opinion is invalid because I don’t own the pack or that I’m being a “diehard hater” as you say. There’s never a way to win in these scenarios... though I’m beginning to think that’s the point.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I see alot of mention of the sims 5, I really dont think it will be released next year, perhaps the following year after it, the sims 4 is still selling well despite criticism, Their will be alot of people that will buy this pack even though you dont, whether they love star wars or they want too collect it all, too the people not liking the sims 4, I say this with respect but what makes you think the sims 5 will be any better and plus we will go back to the start that all your hearing about wheres seasons? Wheres university? Wheres pets ?, I do want the sims 4 too end at some point of course but not before they fix the base game adding the things that should be there, taking care of all the bugs etc
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020
    The biggest problem when they release a pack you don't personally like or want to buy/play is the fact that it will take SO LONG for the next opportunity to get a pack you may like. They've been saying a new game pack is on the way for a while now. For those of us who have zero interest in this Star Wars Game Pack, where does that leave us? It means we now have to wait MONTHS for them to announce another pack and HOPE that the next pack is something we will enjoy. To me, that is the most upsetting part.

I already was not interested in the Knitting pack and now since I'm not interested in the Star Wars pack, that is now 2 in a row that do not speak to me as a player. They are not doing good as far as I'm concerned at this moment in time. I am disappointed. I hope they come up with another pack soon and that the next pack will appeal to me.

I totally agree. In the perfect world they should have a team focused on cranking out main expansion packs people want and request on a timely schedule. Then an entirely separate team to make these sideshow game pack projects and more niche stuff packs. That way, if you don’t like one, the wait isn’t as unbearably long until the next. It kind of makes me miss the TS3 store!

I think they are separate teams already, I'm not sure how they divide their people around but when their programmers are done with one pack they probably just move on to the next one. To be fair, making 4-5 packs in a year is pretty impressive (even if those packs are arguably lacking in content).

But I would have liked for them to have planned this a bit better, right now it feels like they are just making whatever pack that comes to mind so that the game itself just feels like a mess. Firefighters after six years? They should have been made and probably included with Get To Work in 2015.

I don't envy the programmers who are probably spending a lot of time just making sure that all these packs work together. Any other pack that they will make now will have to take Star Wars into consideration with everything they do. Gotta make sure that when they make that farming pack that your droid will be able to navigate in your garden, and you gotta make sure that your force powers can affect werewolves...
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    There's 34 packs released (by the time this Star Wars one comes out). It will be only the 6th pack to include some kind of alternative game play/occult type theme over 6 years. That's 28 packs of "realism". I totally understand your disappointment. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    This is the first pack I will never buy (I will buy the knitting pack when it eventually goes on sale) so I'm not too disappointed but I feel really bad for those of you who haven't had a pack you like for months/years. The wait for a good pack must be frustrated. I do wish this pack wasn't Star Wars though. There is a lot of packs that simmers have asked for repeatedly and haven't got yet. Those should have been the focus.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member

1. Years of experience allow us to make educated guesses
    2. Trailers usually make the games look more indepth and fun than the pqcks actually are.
    3. Star Wars is not my thing. Even if the pack turns out great, I still wouldn't want it.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

1. Years of experience allow us to make educated guesses
    2. Trailers usually make the games look more indepth and fun than the pqcks actually are.
    3. Star Wars is not my thing. Even if the pack turns out great, I still wouldn't want it.

Exactly! I don’t need player or community reviews to make a choice on this one. I do not want SW themed anything in my game. I tolerate the CaS outfits already in there, barely used them but they can be fun for Spooky Day.

Thing for me is that this seems like another attempt at RPG’ing this game. This packs immersion will be ruined when all your other sims and NPCs from other worlds start invading it with their regular outfits and behavior.

• simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member

Try flipping that and you will see it would be exactly the same for those that do like idea of this pack.
    I didn't like laundry day or get together or dine out or Jungle adventure and when each of those came out meant I had to wait forever for something I did like.
    I wanted happy hauntings but we got nifty knitting. I wanted off the grid but we got laundry day.
    Players who like fantasy, magical and or occult play are often left out so it's nice to get something whenever we can even though when they even do bring something out it's often 'tweaked' so those that didn't like them could still play for the bb and cas items.

I'm not trying to disregard your sentiment, just trying to let you see it does work both ways.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    They should be more transparent about upcoming releases. Players are waiting for months to know if the next pack is going to be something that they like, and then they of course get disappointed if it isn't. The vague hinting also doesn't help. If they'd just announce that the next EP would be, idk, farming for example, the people that aren't interested in that could just move on to something else and wouldn't get their hopes up. But that isn't how sales works I guess... They have to keep us hungry for content.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member

I think they are separate teams already, I'm not sure how they divide their people around but when their programmers are done with one pack they probably just move on to the next one. To be fair, making 4-5 packs in a year is pretty impressive (even if those packs are arguably lacking in content).

But I would have liked for them to have planned this a bit better, right now it feels like they are just making whatever pack that comes to mind so that the game itself just feels like a mess. Firefighters after six years? They should have been made and probably included with Get To Work in 2015.

I don't envy the programmers who are probably spending a lot of time just making sure that all these packs work together. Any other pack that they will make now will have to take Star Wars into consideration with everything they do. Gotta make sure that when they make that farming pack that your droid will be able to navigate in your garden, and you gotta make sure that your force powers can affect werewolves...

"Firefighters after six years? They should have been made and probably included with Get To Work in 2015" the base game in 2014.

Fixed it for you! <3o:)
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I've stopped caring about the next pack ever since eco living, i didn't even care to watch the trailer for nifty knitting and star wars game pack, oh well. I mean why do they develop this pack eventhough it was at the bottommost of the wanted pack?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Barbie430 wrote: »
    I kept an open mind, watched the trailer a few times, and didn’t like what I saw. People are always saying that “if you don’t like it, don’t buy it.” but when I say I don’t like it or want to buy it, I’m told that my opinion is invalid because I don’t own the pack or that I’m being a “diehard hater” as you say. There’s never a way to win in these scenarios... though I’m beginning to think that’s the point.

Lol, right? Oh and
    Nindigo wrote: »
    If cars are put into the game, Sims will just drive around in them on the sidewalks like they do now on bicycles! Cars + not open world = :#

Come on, you should have an open mind, just because it's not something you want, you shouldn't talk AT all about how it's not something you want. You cant always get what you want. Smh.
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2020
    any way, the reason I personally haven't bought any packs for a long time is that i have come to the, honestly very disheartening, conclusion that no matter how much money I throw at packs, which is a lot, because I used to "keep an open mind" and "maybe it's better than I think" it just dosent add the level of immersive gameplay I'm expecting. It's always recycled animations and lackluster "new mechanics."

So it's not just this pack, its not that its star wars, it's not that it's not my usual gameplay style. (I'm a family style- but I bought vampires because why not?) Its the quality. And I think that's how a lot of the disappointed people feel. I love this game, and I want to like the sims 4. I really do. But I'm underwhelmed and I think that is something pretty valid to be upset about, and I dont think there is anything wrong with sharing those feeling with other players who sound like they felt the same on a thread about being disappointed in the game lately. But hey what do I know. I'm obviously just jelly.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    The one thing that makes me kind of mad (and I could be totally wrong) is that it looks like they invested way more money into this pack than others. That's just so unfair. Like did Disney throw money at them? Did EA think that because it would maybe pull in Star Wars fans into the Sims that they were willing to spend more money? It really frustrates and upsets me. The CAS items alone had to cost way more money than normal.

I really don't see that! I just see a lot of reuse of old animations from other packs. In ECO Lifestyle for example a see a lot of new ideas which messes with my Sims, and I like that.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm honestly seriously thinking of giving the Sims 3 another chance after this disappointment. I never really played it much when it was current but it seems like it was designed more in depth and with family play in mind.

The Sims 4 is going in a direction I don't like, it's apparent to me now with this new announcement that it's being aimed at children or at the very least young teens.