Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why so much hate for the star wars game pack

Comments

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    It's like a bad version of a star wars game - it's like they want to draw in all the little kids that aren't old enough to play the actual Star wars games. It just doesn't mesh with the actual Sims game at all. I literally see no way that this pack will work in any kind of gameplay in Sims.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think it's a fun idea. Have people never heard of a crossover before? I like the idea of having something a bit out there to play with, and those who don't like it can simply not buy it. Simple! Everyone's happy.

People have a tendency to be overdramatic and make hundreds of threads complaining when something isn't for them. They'll soon move on and realise they can just not buy it if it's not for them. I'm hoping they'll fix some of the other things players want aswell in a later pack and patches so everyone can enjoy the game and get what they want, I can see why people may be disappointed but can we not do it at the expense of other peoples enjoyment?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I like a realistic game as much as possible.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Then don't buy the fantastical packs. I'm not saying you specifically are like this but a lot of realism ppl act like cuz it's not realistic then EA is not catering to fanbase. When the stuff pack vote had seances as an option everyone was boycotting the idea and flaming everyone cuz "the sims is realistic and we don't want that bs in here." So...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    For me, it's because this does not improve the game. This will only add to the problems that the game already have.

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited August 2020
    Because the game is still lacking a lot. Cars, schools, personalities, more basic interactions, bug fixes.....

People have been requesting cars, farming, winter vacation, a romance GP etc etc in other words, stuff that will add to their everyday gameplay. And instead of giving us what’s missing, they give us Star Wars.

Also the great thing about the Sims is the ability to create your own world, Star Wars is a universe of its own.

I like Star Wars, that GP is probably fun to play, but it won’t add much for everyday gameplay. Now I’ll still watch the livestream to learn more.

• Flower_FlourFlower_Flour Posts: 1 New Member
    First of all, let me say that I don't believe in 'community votes'. Why you ask? First, because they give us less desirable options in the votings so people have no choice but to make do with the available options for the fear of not contributing in the arrival of the next possible pack. If someone give me 5 different color to make me choose and none of those colors are my favorite then I'll have to vote for the one that I hate the least. Second, not everyone even knows or care enough to participate in the votings made in social media, so it doesn't really reflect the whole opinions of Simmers all around the world. Last but not least, who's to say the result of the votings is not rigged? Management can tweak that to fit their own personal agenda and blame it on people if they don't like the pack. All in all, I am skeptical and wouldn't count on the what-so-called votings as a device to reflect the whole community's thoughts. In the end, the decision maker is always EA's corporate officials regardless of what we want.

Now, for the StarWars pack, I'm not surprised that many people dislike that. I, myself, like many other people, is not a StarWars fan so there's no incentive for me play a pack that's based on entirely different franchise that I don't even care about. I remember when Realm of Magic came out and some Simmers dislike/couldn't care less about it since they prefer to play all the way in realistic fashion, but guess what? That pack is still well-loved by many simmers (and respected by those who don't play occults) since that kind of occult pack is part of the root of The Sims from the very beginning and many people have been proven to like/accept its existence in the game, it's not some 'new idea' about something most people never want/ask for, which, in the end, understandably, contribute to the tons of dislikes it has gotten. Dislikes about a pack is common but when you give something most people highly disagree with/clearly don't want then you've made yourself an enemy of your own customers.

Personally, the last three pack they annouced were a big disappointment for me. I don't care about tiny house, knitting (which is better off as a side feature in bigger pack), caring about environment issue that's never been an issue in the first place just to get aesthetical accomplishments, and I certainly wouldn't care about intergalactic warfare or light sabers. However, I am still willing to hold my thought for a bit and wait for the gameplay videos for I believe the only saving grace from this StarWars pack is if they somehow upgrade Alien occults or add two worlds in a pack (just like Realm of Magic's regular world and secret world specific for spellcasters) but seeing this is from EA and how they handled the pack I wouldn't hope too much.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't get the hate either. I do get that people who aren't into Star Wars won't find this very interesting, but this hate is insane. As an old fan of Star Wars, I know I'm going to enjoy this a lot. :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i have seen the star wars movie even do i am buying the pack when it realise its mostly for the buy build mode content and will be a nice challenge to have or sims learn the ways of the force i will be holding my comments until i actualy see the pack my motto is never say never it might acutaly be quite good even do in the sims star wars content is not my cup of tea as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • walkiesockiewalkiesockie Posts: 3 New Member
    > @baddazoner said:
    > saw a few youtube videos where even the title was, Why EA!!! Comments from people saying we didn't vote for this etc
    >
    > Seems like a good pack that would be fun and different for usual packs
    >
    > Also no offence but the community votes for the worst possible packs. you guys did vote for laundry day and knitting

To be fair, at least laundry and knitting are realistic things sims can do. Star Wars hasn’t been good since 1980. I don’t understand why any sane person, yet alone sims fans, would give a crap about this. If this was a free update, I’d be ok with it, but waste it time and money on this makes no sense to me.
  • LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    edited August 2020
    To me that "hate" is more like the idea of a handful of folks instill themselves as the "99%" against the "elites" or similar things :weary: Whenever these folks came across something valid(such is a Sims GP that isn't closely Sims) for dumping their complaints on, well. They'll do it for sure.
    That's fair in it's own way, though(if I don't take those professional whiners into account :neutral: )

About the pack it self, I don't know a lot about Star Wars and stuff, so the theme is quite distant to myself.
    From the trailer alone I still feel like there can be something interesting. At the very least there is a different vacation experience, different from what we already had, you know, the endless trees and temples...

Besides, hasn't quite a lot of folks requested there to be a sci-fi pack? Not a fan of these, but I'd love to see them around :smile:
    AxxYIX4.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Because the world has moved past the need for Star Wars.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited August 2020
    I dont hate it... The bunk beds are beautiful.. The cars are very well made, the personality overhaul is amazing! The interests.. the turn on's and turn off's.. Sims now have they unique behavior and that behavior has consequences! I was astonished when I learned that kids, after 6 years are going to have more that 4 aspirations! The story progression added in this game pack is wonderfull The skintones! The memories!! Oh if I hate it?? Of course not!
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I really like Jungle Adventure and Strangerville! I don't se anything new in the trailer, just reuse of old animations. Also I don't like the use of such iconic characters, I can't see how my Sims would fit in?! Imagen if they did a Sim game placed in Sherlock Holmes London. My Sim show up at 221b Baker Street. What is my Sims role in it, outsmart Holmes, following him around and helping like Dr Watson. Fixing the meals besides Mrs Hudson, help Professor Moriarty, be his goon. I just would be enter in a all ready created drama
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I really like Jungle Adventure and Strangerville! I don't se anything new in the trailer, just reuse of old animations. Also I don't like the use of such iconic characters, I can't see how my Sims would fit in?! Imagen if they did a Sim game placed in Sherlock Holmes London. My Sim show up at 221b Baker Street. What is my Sims role in it, outsmart Holmes, following him around and helping like Dr Watson. Fixing the meals besides Mrs Hudson, help Professor Moriarty, be his goon. I just would be enter in a all ready created drama
    Yes please, sign me up!
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Because if we want to play Star Wars we buy Stars Wars not the sims.

And look at that list! There's plenty to choose!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_video_games
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Because the game is still lacking a lot. Cars, schools, personalities, more basic interactions, bug fixes.....

People have been requesting cars, farming, winter vacation, a romance GP etc etc in other words, stuff that will add to their everyday gameplay. And instead of giving us what’s missing, they give us Star Wars.

Also the great thing about the Sims is the ability to create your own world, Star Wars is a universe of its own.

I like Star Wars, that GP is probably fun to play, but it won’t add much for everyday gameplay. Now I’ll still watch the livestream to learn more.

What I find so strange about this pack is that the team couldn't be bothered to follow or to expand upon the lore of the existing Sims universe. Other than a few random families, in TS4, there is no link to the previous Sims timeline, dynasties, or lore. Apparently, it's because the devs forgot about what they helped to create. (?) As a result, we got a Sims game that is apropos of nothing.

For example, Bella Goth disappeared years ago. How did Don Lothario or the Caliente sisters factor into any of it? Or Strangetown? How did Bella manage to return to her family? Where had she been before returning? When TS4 began, why was there no relationships between any of the aforementioned Sims who supposedly have a long history together? The devs never bothered to explain any of it. It was easier simply to proclaim TS4 an alternate universe with no connection to a franchise full of lore. Yet, there's time and resources to delve into another totally unrelated universe?

It doesn't make any sense. This pack is so out of place for the Sims universe, it seems as if the devs are bored with the Sims and would rather be making something totally different.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    The first Star Wars movie came out in the late 70's... and there were some new ones just last year? Also, I haven't seen the movie but I've heard of quite a few characters and never the ones you've mentioned lol so I don't think they are THAT popular...

Yup! There had to have been new movies last December. Or what was I trooping at? (and those were fun, I've trooped premiers for every movie since Episode VIII -- and I even got to go to a press screening at Disney's Burbank Studios for that one which was a few days early. Premier troops are fun. The theater feeds us pizza and stuff, and after we go our thing, we get to stay and watch the movie.)
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    One of my main issues with this pack is that it is star wars, but it does seem like it has cool ideas that i like, for example, missions and an adventure story. Too bad i will have to pass because it has sw and other things i dislike. I hope they make another better adventure type of pack that i can buy and enjoy. Maybe those things werent implemented in a great way anyway, will have to wait and see but i am not buying eitherway. I think more people would have been into it if it wasnt a sw theme but still had some of the original gameplay ideas.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »

Then don't buy the fantastical packs. I'm not saying you specifically are like this but a lot of realism ppl act like cuz it's not realistic then EA is not catering to fanbase. When the stuff pack vote had seances as an option everyone was boycotting the idea and flaming everyone cuz "the sims is realistic and we don't want that bs in here." So...

Thanks. I wasn't going to.
  • StrawberryNightmareStrawberryNightmare Posts: 61 Member
    Because you’re paying £20 to play in a Disney advert for Galaxy’s Edge or whatever their overpriced garbage theme park is called. The only reason this pack exists is because Disney paid them to make it. Or EA were contractually obliged through their rights to make Star Wars games. If you’re expecting this to be anything other than a hot mess that doesn’t meet Star Wars fan’s expectations I don’t know what to say to you.