Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Ready for Sims 5

Comments

• Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    APotts wrote: »
    I want them to fix Sims 4 first.

Hate to break it to you, but this many years in and it's not fixed? It will never be fixed.

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    The emptiness of the Sims 4 is overwhelming me. I'm ready for a more indepth Sims playing experience. I want lots of choices and challenges. It's time for The Sims game to evolve into a deeper, more meaningful experience. Just my 2 cents.

I just hope that EA learns from their mistakes and gives us better gameplay with colour wheels, more CAS and Build/Buy items, chemistry, likes and dislikes, attraction, social interactions that we gain with charisma skill, favourite foods colours styles music etc. I hope actions have real consequences. I hope traits mean something. I honestly want it good enough to play vanilla for hours at a time and not realize how much time has actually passed.

I hope everything is complete and they give devs the time and resources to get it done right.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited August 2020
    Not to sound like I'm living under a rock, but what's an SSD?

This is what Crucial, a reputable manufacturer says about it's ssd external drives. Apparently 500G to 1terabyte storage but customers would be advised to get their advice about their laptop getting one!

SSDs don’t have any moving parts. An HDD relies on a spinning disk which can easily malfunction in the wrong conditions. SSDs are not only more reliable, but they have better cooling, faster speeds, and produce less noise.

You can get 1 terrabyte for under £150 on Amazon in the UK probably less in the US.

https://uk.crucial.com/articles/about-ssd/choosing-an-external-ssd-for-laptop

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_drive
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I want them to fix Sims 4 before moving on. I already invested a lot in this game and I want it to be the best it can be, and I hope Sims 5 is even better. However, even if Sims 5 is amazing, I don't think I'll be buying it no matter what. I'm still buying DLC for both Sims 3 and 4. I don't really want to buy University, Seasons, Pets, Supernatural, Generations, etc. all over again. Even if Sims 5 is the most amazing Sims game ever, I'd be buying the same dang content all over again. They'd have to put Seasons, Pets, and Generations into the base game, and really blow me away with occult DLC, for me to consider buying everything all over again for a 3rd time. And realism players seem to be taking over this fandom nowadays, Sims 4 still doesn't even compare to all the occults we had in Sims 3, so I really don't think Sims 5 will have anything I'm interested in. It's probably going to be more realistic, less silly, less occults, and less of the inside jokes and easter eggs that have been in all the past Sims games. A lot of you all may want that but doing so would make me uninterested in moving on.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    APotts wrote: »
    I want them to fix Sims 4 first.

Hate to break it to you, but this many years in and it's not fixed? It will never be fixed.

This...it may never be fixed.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    I want them to fix Sims 4 before moving on. I already invested a lot in this game and I want it to be the best it can be, and I hope Sims 5 is even better. However, even if Sims 5 is amazing, I don't think I'll be buying it no matter what. I'm still buying DLC for both Sims 3 and 4. I don't really want to buy University, Seasons, Pets, Supernatural, Generations, etc. all over again. Even if Sims 5 is the most amazing Sims game ever, I'd be buying the same dang content all over again. They'd have to put Seasons, Pets, and Generations into the base game, and really blow me away with occult DLC, for me to consider buying everything all over again for a 3rd time. And realism players seem to be taking over this fandom nowadays, Sims 4 still doesn't even compare to all the occults we had in Sims 3, so I really don't think Sims 5 will have anything I'm interested in. It's probably going to be more realistic, less silly, less occults, and less of the inside jokes and easter eggs that have been in all the past Sims games. A lot of you all may want that but doing so would make me uninterested in moving on.

Yeah, a lot of TS4 players say that now, but if The Sims 5 is so much better than TS4, you're all going to buy it!

I think TS3 is still worth buying, but I don't get pouring money into an iteration like TS4 and whose packs are so poorly made. Throwing money at it won't make it better if the core issues aren't fixed. In all the 6 years of its run, they haven't done that and at this point it's clear they are not ever going to.

In regard to supernatural themes and occults, you didn't get much in TS4 because the engine really can't handle much. I don't think that realism is winning over supernatural play, realism players haven't gotten much either.

• GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    I can definitely see where you are coming from with feeling empty with The Sims 4 but i also feel like this game needs more time to feel complete and its been stated that we will be having so many more years of content with The Sims 4! I just hope it gets better and adds content for families, teens, elders, and contrnt we need to make the base game feel complete.
    I'm now looking at this game as a subscription to which I pay every so often for new content. Like making a plane or even a Millennium Falcon from pieces on a magazine that comes out every week or so. I've got over six years of play out of it, roughly 6,000 hours, so it is worth while to me as I make and build whole communities not single Sims stories.

I bought Civilization 5 and only played it for a week. I didn't rant about it though. It's just a mistake I didn't make again.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    If the R&D and marketing are the same as the people who brought us the Star Wars pack--I'm ready for Paralives, People of the Newbury, and whatever Paradox is cooking up.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm now looking at this game as a subscription to which I pay every so often for new content. Like making a plane or even a Millennium Falcon from pieces on a magazine that comes out every week or so. I've got over six years of play out of it, roughly 6,000 hours, so it is worth while to me as I make and build whole communities not single Sims stories.

I bought Civilization 5 and only played it for a week. I didn't rant about it though. It's just a mistake I didn't make again.

I'm curious about your playing style... you play communities instead of single sims? It sounds so interesting... @Simburian
    Post edited by texxx78 on
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have been enjoying Sims 4, bought almost all of the packs (though usually on sale or discounted in third party sites), abs may even buy Star Wars pack in the far future at discounted price, but I have been missing some content from Sims 1, 2, and Sims 3, so I have also been playing the older Sims games as well.

I have poured a hundred+ hours into Sims 4, and I am still loving it and had some good times, even when I have been disappointed by certain packs or AI moments throughout the years.

I do not regret spending money and time on this iteration (Sims 4), and will continue to enjoy it, but I feel Sims 4 had enough time and put out some of the major themed packs enough, that I am feeling it is time to move onto Sims 5 sometime soon.

I feel ready to move onto Sims 5 now that I had a lot gotten a lot of the themes that I’ve been waiting for (seasons, mermaids, pets, knitting, restaurants, businesses, magic, island living, college, etc). :)

6 years is a pretty good run, and while I wait for more themed packs (and will buy them as well), I feel like that 6 years is a good time to reflect and feel ready to move onto the next step of a new iteration.

At this point, after getting some of my fave content, I am ready whenever EA/Maxis moves on. :)

I can only hope that games like Paralives would push EA/Maxis to strive to do better and be more ambitious. They have a loyal fanbase in us, and if they would include more stuff we would like, then we would be willing to pay more and give much more enthusiastic praise.

Here’s hoping for the future. 🤗👍 I have no regrets on enjoying this iteration (and will continue to enjoy it in the meantime), but I am now satisfied enough to be ready to move on.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • JohnHWatson71JohnHWatson71 Posts: 44 Member
    TBH, I have more hope for Paralives, than I do Sims 5.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    TS4 is like a Toyota (or equivalent) trying to pull a loaded semi-trailer. There is simply not enough oomph to do it. Adding more content will only make the problem worse. Time to get a honking big Kenworth (or equivalent) that can easily handle the load with power to spare.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    The emptiness of the Sims 4 is overwhelming me. I'm ready for a more indepth Sims playing experience. I want lots of choices and challenges. It's time for The Sims game to evolve into a deeper, more meaningful experience. Just my 2 cents.

If you've been playing since it came out in 2014 @amchristian it is time for you to move on to a new game.

Sims 4 is Sims 4 it is not going to suddenly morph into a different game.

The game is targeted to children, even though it is rated T for teen. It is not going to suddenly morph into a rich vibrant adult experience game.

But, if you can get your hands on Windows 95 and Where in the World is Carmen San Diego, you'll have tons of fun
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    I see a thread saying "We don't need Sims 5" a thread saying "I'm Ready for Sims 5" which is why I'm going to take the middle ground and say "I'm cautiously optimistic for The Sims 5"
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    troshalom wrote: »

If you've been playing since it came out in 2014 @amchristian it is time for you to move on to a new game.

Sims 4 is Sims 4 it is not going to suddenly morph into a different game.

The game is targeted to children, even though it is rated T for teen. It is not going to suddenly morph into a rich vibrant adult experience game.

But, if you can get your hands on Windows 95 and Where in the World is Carmen San Diego, you'll have tons of fun

Are you saying that adults don't want to play this game? Aren't welcome in this game?

I've already spent over $700 on this game... I don't know too many children with that kind of money.

Thanks for your feedback, but no thanks.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I believe troshalom is speaking comparatively. Compared to the earlier versions TS4 lacks almost everything that made those games great, including the appeal to older players as well as their in depth game play and sim characterization. Yes, older players can enjoy it, but there are things you can have/do/see in the older versions that will never be part of TS4.
    I believe troshalom is speaking comparatively. Compared to the earlier versions TS4 lacks almost everything that made those games great, including the appeal to older players as well as their in depth game play and sim characterization. Yes, older players can enjoy it, but there are things you can have/do/see in the older versions that will never be part of TS4.

Did any of the others let the Sims act as a Community? I can't remember. If not that is something I find interesting in Eco Lifestyle. I suppose it's the use of 64bit that's leading them into new directions. With my worlds filled to the brim with Sims I am also finding more people in my bars etc. and my Sims working in them too.

I'm not ready for 5 yet. (I hope they call it something else to head off the complaints from the start). I expect the Sims 4 programmers would need crash courses in Unreal or Frostbite engines if they transferred over to 5 so that might mean a hiatus between end of 4 and beginning of 5.

It would be cruel to sack staff in the middle of a pandemic just because so called "true Simmers" wanted the game to end wouldn't it? More opprobrium for EA.
  • FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    I have been ready for the sims 5 but if it’s anything like the sims 4, I’m done with this series. I reallllyyyyy hope it’s better than the Sims 4 because I don’t think the fanbase can take more years of this.
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member

I love playing Sims 3. And I get what you mean. There is much more depth in the older games. I just hope that they created layers upon layers of interest when they make their next game.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I am ready for Sims4 to end, but not really looking forward to Sims5. I think my simming days are just about finished :D
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'm looking forward to Paralives.
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    I'm ready because The Sims 4 is already an old game. 2014 was such a long time ago. I want something new. I use to play games that are not 2-3 years older. The Sims 4 are old, and I'm tired of it I want something new.
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    The thing about that is you're assuming Sims 5 will be better, which it may or may not be. I honestly just want a fun life simulation game. Sims 5 is going to be online and I don't understand why EAxis keeps trying to making the Sims online, all of the online Sims games have flopped so far. Hopefully whatever Sims 5 may be like, it's good/what their customers want.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,120 Member
    Schmoloop wrote: »
    The thing about that is you're assuming Sims 5 will be better, which it may or may not be. I honestly just want a fun life simulation game. Sims 5 is going to be online and I don't understand why EAxis keeps trying to making the Sims online, all of the online Sims games have flopped so far. Hopefully whatever Sims 5 may be like, it's good/what their customers want.

^Amen. :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg