Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dane and White Cake Madness

Does anyone else have this "problem"?
I hire a butler one day... The next day, it's a new butler. Then I have to reset the bed. But that's not the "problem"... My "problem" is Dane. I either start out with Dane, or my butler is randomly replaced by Dane. ANY household that he has been a butler for, he will not stop baking white cake! He bakes 4, I trash them, he bakes 4 more... He won't stop! I have white cake all over any household he works for!
I am posting this in "General Discussion" not because I want someone to fix it but because I want feedback. Does anyone else have this problem with Dane The Butler? I can't remember his last name. It's actually kind of amusing. This just started within the last week.
When I googled the issue, all I could find is information about Sims love to bake. And White cake is like a "beginner" recipe so most Sims can bake that. But I haven't found anything else about Dane the White Cake King. LOL

Comments

• Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I only had this problem when I had the NAP's active (associated with the Eco Lifestyle pack). If anywhere in the game has the NAP active associated with cooking, my sims would bake white cakes. I had somewhere around 80 in one sim's fridge before I turned off the NAPs.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    McfinnaganMcfinnagan Posts: 26 Member
    That's funny... I think I would have about that many cakes, too, if I didn't keep throwing them away! LOL
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    This happens to someone in 2017 and rosemow responded with

"Hello
    It shouldn't be happening in your game. Try firing the butler , hire a new one and see if that helps.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

Try having your sims travel to another lot. Then have them travel back home, and see if reloading the lot helps with the issue.

If the issues remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder."

I hope this helps
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Aren't butlers random from save to save? I never heard of any Dane.

White cake has long been an obsession within the game. I remember bug-reporting about baking club members only making white cake one or two years ago. But it was "solved" as being by design, white cake being a low level cooking recipe, and cooking recipes for baked goods being acknowledged by the scripting for the baking club activity. But I believe the members kept making white cakes even though they improved their baking and cooking level, but I didn't bother making more fuss about it.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    oh my lord the white cakes THE WHITE CAKES! WHY!

it is just infuriating. I have disabled all NAPs, I have no mods/cc, nothing should be causing this and yet here I am, sitting in my apartment with my roommate surrounded by mothertucking white cakes. Between this and the kleptomania this has become unbearable.
    Origin ID: ExxCee