Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    We've been waiting so long and so hopefully... watch us all be wrong and it be a Mountain Man-themed pack with some bearded hermit juggling pine cones... :/

I’d buy it! :smiley:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    If it is going to be a SW pack I am going to have Sheldon Cooper in game.

SUCH a good idea. :Runs off to the gallery!:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Believe me when I say I'll sit there waiting patiently for the sale stats.
    I want to really see HOW MANY SW GP will be sold.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    There are SO many disappointed and hurt people....wow...
    And for the first time in a LONG time I am actually excited and want something like this.

I like the concept a lot. But I'm gonna be honest, I want to actually live in space, and it's all about "when your sim goes back home" so idk. Are they going to Batuu to rise the ranks, then go home? Is it like an outer space experience thing? That is the only thing keeping me from being excited rn BUT I wasn't excited about other packs either that turned out fine, so who knows.

You summed my thoughts up perfectly.

I am excited for this pack, there's no doubt about that, but it seems like it's heading in the direction of a vacation world, or something like the Magic Realm.

I want my sims to be able to live there, but it looks like that isn't going to happen, unless you use cheats to place a bed down etc. I have to do that when I visit the Magic Realm and it sucks.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited August 2020
    The community is so divided right now.
    One part nerd, the other part snob. :#

That's rude.

It's time to reveal my real self: I LOVE STAR TREK.

The only thing I love about SW is R2D2.
    @KokoaMilk

Oh come on now, I was only joking. Plus I kind of corrected myself later on. Ish. ;)
    I know that there are many folks that are SciFi- or even Star Wars fans who are not interested in this GP. I totally get it. I completely understand their reasoning behind it. I even agree that The Sims should work on expanding its own lore. There is no excuse not to do that.

Unfortunately there are also people who continue to scream that ‘NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS!’ and ‘ ANY ONE WHO LIKES THIS IS SO STUPID!!’ The latter may not have been said in a literal sense, but anyone who can read between the lines will realize those people may as well have said it out straight because that’s what they mean.

In fact, some people actually do mean to say that I’m stupid and weak and that I’m ruining everything for them just by supporting TS4, EA/Maxis for simply liking and buying a Star Wars GP. They’d be happy to send me to the gallows for that, because I personally help kill their much beloved franchise.
    To me it comes across as snobbish or even rude, because I like something others loathe.
    Unfortunately I can’t help being a Star Wars appreciator and wanting to play with light sabers in the sims. Like a minority around here, I happen to play the sims differently to other folks. Sorry but not sorry that I killed it for them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's rude.

@KokoaMilk

Oh come on now, I was only joking. Plus I kind of corrected myself later on. Ish. ;)
    I know that there are many folks that are SciFi- or even Star Wars fans who are not interested in this GP. I totally get it. I completely understand their reasoning behind it. I even agree that The Sims should work on expanding its own lore. There is no excuse not to do that.

Unfortunately there are also people who continue to scream that ‘NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS!’ and ‘ ANY ONE WHO LIKES THIS IS SO STUPID!!’ The latter may not have been said in a literal sense, but anyone who can read between the lines will realize those people may as well have said it out straight because that’s what they mean.

In fact, some people actually do mean to say that I’m stupid and weak and that I’m ruining everything for them just by supporting TS4, EA/Maxis for simply liking and buying a Star Wars GP. They’d be happy to send me to the gallows for that, because I personally help kill their much beloved franchise.
    To me it comes across as snobbish or even rude, because I like something others loathe.
    Unfortunately I can’t help being a Star Wars appreciator and wanting to play with light sabers in the sims. Like a minority around here, I happen to play the sims differently to other folks. Sorry but not sorry that I killed it for them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's okey hun, I was joking too.
    I cannot hide my disappointment either, but what can we do?

I'll wait for the next EP. With really low expectations ahahaha :D

That's rude.

@KokoaMilk

and, to add a point.
    Your point is clear and fair.
    I hate part of the community always moaning about something they want.
    And then they get it and start moaning over a new thing.

We cannot say that TS team has been very good with TS4.
    They started out very bad in 2014 giving us a game that wasn't finished. But they are trying their best, as we can all see.

As you do, I play the sims only to style sims and build houses. So having this pack in my game is important only if it has very strong build/buy objects or tools. They seems to be lacking so I won't buy it but I am happy that you'll play it with happiness!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

That's rude.

@KokoaMilk

Oh, someone called me ‘hun’ today.😊

I mean the hype and speculation over this pack has been so intense in the last month, it’s no wonder that the fact that it IS a Star Wars pack, has crushed the dreams of many simmers. ANYTHING BUT STAR WARS!!!! It would have been a disaster if that intentional leak wasn’t leaked.
    Of course we can express or disappointment or joy.

I think the pack will sell and do fine, despite the backlash. There are quiet simmers and Star Wars fans out there. Some just want R2D2 in their game. Blebilebileep.

I really hope that the next EP is going to be something that many currently dissatisfied simmers will enjoy.
    And that the upcoming free patch updates have bug fixes and new content that make people feel hopeful again.
    But one should never set expectations too high.

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I am enjoying having you on forums. I don't think you are stupid nor weak. Nice to talk with someone mature. I was quite impressed how you responded to me before in a respectful manner and towards the community too. If people don't like you because of your opinion of any Sims game, they aren't worth your time. I gave up impressing people personally. Just here to talk about the games and ideas and bugs. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

That's rude.

@KokoaMilk

at least its better here then on the comic book forums someone started a thread there asking why batman gets so much hate over there
    which he does and the over all replie was that they don't hate batman they just hate his fans not gonna lie I felt that one @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    more for sim kids and more drama please

That's rude.

@KokoaMilk

Oh, someone called me ‘hun’ today.😊

I mean the hype and speculation over this pack has been so intense in the last month, it’s no wonder that the fact that it IS a Star Wars pack, has crushed the dreams of many simmers. ANYTHING BUT STAR WARS!!!! It would have been a disaster if that intentional leak wasn’t leaked.
    Of course we can express or disappointment or joy.

I think the pack will sell and do fine, despite the backlash. There are quiet simmers and Star Wars fans out there. Some just want R2D2 in their game. Blebilebileep.

I really hope that the next EP is going to be something that many currently dissatisfied simmers will enjoy.
    And that the upcoming free patch updates have bug fixes and new content that make people feel hopeful again.
    But one should never set expectations too high.

I really like having you on the forums to @CAPTAIN_NXR7 and you to @Scobre and @KokoaMilk
    I can't help having high expectations for this game its because I really enjoy it and I'm just that kind of person
    the sims 4 is my favorite game
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Look what on found on reddit
    cIAKk8g.jpg
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    cIAKk8g.jpg

well I guess the sims fans can be just as bad as the other people online then
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I really like having you on the forums to @CAPTAIN_NXR7 and you to @Scobre and @KokoaMilk
    I can't help having high expectations for this game its because I really enjoy it and I'm just that kind of person
    Nice having you around too. Sims 2 is my favorite, but I am enjoying the packs a lot coming out this year for the Sims 4. I am impressed how Simmers cracked the theme this time just using the icon leak.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »

Nice having you around too. Sims 2 is my favorite, but I am enjoying the packs a lot coming out this year for the Sims 4. I am impressed how Simmers cracked the theme this time just using the icon leak.

well it was a really good icon @Scobre
    glad to have you on the forums to @Cavapoo_King
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    force just was never with me like everyone say may the force be with me but it never arrived so like now ill just be forceless snob in peace and not force myself to like this pack :relieved:

The force is with you. Wait until you see the next EP. 😉

The next EP might be "TS4 - The Minions"? 😁
    Simmingal wrote: »
    force just was never with me like everyone say may the force be with me but it never arrived so like now ill just be forceless snob in peace and not force myself to like this pack :relieved:

The force is with you. Wait until you see the next EP. 😉

The next EP might be "TS4 - The Minions"? 😁

oh please don't even joke about that can't stand those things :s@alanmichael1
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    cIAKk8g.jpg

I'd even say they're often much worse ;)
    cIAKk8g.jpg

I wouldn't say that thinking that there worse then everyone else is just as bad as me thinking they were nicer then most other fandoms
    cIAKk8g.jpg

so what are you hoping the next pack will be I'm hoping for a family are romance pack @SimTrippy
    and what side will you pick in the game pack? I'm going with the order :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    cIAKk8g.jpg

so what are you hoping the next pack will be I'm hoping for a family are romance pack @SimTrippy

Hmm I really don't know what it will be! I think farming or winter but idk, curious to find out though. I just hope it adds some nice group activities. Generations would be amazing too but I doubt it.

And for the game pack idk. I haven't decided yet, I need more information. I like some things, dislike some others, but I don't know enough to really make up my mind. I hope others enjoy it regardless of my choice!

That is the most precious thing I read today! Thank you so much!
    cIAKk8g.jpg

Hmm I really don't know what it will be! I think farming or winter but idk, curious to find out though. I just hope it adds some nice group activities. Generations would be amazing too but I doubt it.

And for the game pack idk. I haven't decided yet, I need more information. I like some things, dislike some others, but I don't know enough to really make up my mind. I hope others enjoy it regardless of my choice!

me to :)@SimTrippy SimGuruNinja said parent hood is not Generations so there a chance we may get it :)
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    amandabb on youotube put it perfectly "I'm in a toxic relationship with sims 4" and I agree. I'm glad I've finally stopped buying packs just for the sake of it