The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why so much hate for the star wars game pack

saw a few youtube videos where even the title was, Why EA!!! Comments from people saying we didn't vote for this etc

Seems like a good pack that would be fun and different for usual packs

Also no offence but the community votes for the worst possible packs. you guys did vote for laundry day and knitting

Comments

• baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    It's just extremely strange for the Sims 4 to get Star Wars related content before we get basic stuff like cars, better babies, better personalities and relationships, etc.

Considering the team has made it very clear that it is THEM who decide what to make, it's becoming extremely more questionable as time goes on as to why they decide to make this niche play it once content, over content that's been highly requested since day one of The Sims 4's release. Sims 4 came out in 2014, it turns six years old next month, and we are getting STAR WARS before CARS.

Not that I'm a player that desperately wants cars or anything, but you would think after six years of the game being out that at some point throughout these six years, something as basic and highly requested as cars would be made a priority.

Priority is the key word here, where are the teams priorities at? They seem perfectly comfortable making a Star Wars pack, but not refining the roots of the game??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

Tbh I dont think half the stuff you mentioned is even possible with how the game is made

They probably can't improve the relationships or improve babies. Don't think cars will ever come not even a taxi or car pool in the game like other titles

Games engine has limitations and they hit it when the game first released

• Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2020
    baddazoner wrote: »
    Games engine has limitations and they hit it when the game first released

Which really is a shame considering how much they used to brag about this new engine back when the game first came out, only for us to get slapped with six years worth of things that were possible on TS2/3's VERY outdated engine but not on this current one.

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Because it's not my personal dream pack, therefor no one ever wanted it ever and it's the worst idea in the world and everyone will hate and what I want is the only thing that matters!

I think this isn't the case here. YouTube has been fair in my opinion on the assessment of packs and if you look at the likes/dislikes of other trailer videos from The Sims page it becomes clear this is the first pack that an overwhelming majority of players did not want. This is the first trailer where they have gotten double the amount of dislikes than likes in 6 years.

There's always perfectly reasonable people who aren't particularly interested and say so respectfully. A quick glance at those youtube videos and the comments of some people here on the forums just fills me with sadness at the petulance of some posters. I myself have reservations about how it's going to be handled, but I'm not going to start yelling from the rooftops that no one ever asked for this like I'm seeing everywhere.
    Plenty of those youtubers commented that their own preference for realism should come before anything else, (not in those words of course), which just, get out of here with that entitlement. If one single person loves this pack, then I'm glad for them.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I don't think the Sim Gurus get to pick what they make. IMO This decision came from the boardroom full of bigwigs who have never played the game. I have not seen enough to form an opinion about the pack. I will buy it because I can. It's my wallet.

I wonder if something from The Sims will be in a Star Wars game. (point made)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    For one many people like myself have no interest in Star Wars whatsoever there is nothing "fun" or interesting about Star Wars at all to me. This pack is just a slap in the face to many of us who have asked for simple base game things for 6 years now and they give us this and continue to ignore us.

Also the community pack votes were a joke eco had so many options like raising chickens solar, panels, laundry vs arcade and wedding we never got a chance of making a great pack the votes are always on a single theme/object for a stuff pack and for what we got in them I'd say they are the better stuff packs.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    At first I was somewhat happy but then I realized this could be another ROM with very little to do & recycled animations. I hope I’m wrong & the details will show that there’s more to offer then what we saw. I just don’t think they will do Star Wars justice & will be very lackluster & childish for the most part. I would of been more excited if it was a Sims Medieval inspiration or a space pack with some funny references to Star Wars . But not really into a pack that’s dedicated to it.. so far. We will see.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    There hasn't been a new Star War episode since the 60's (unless you count the reboot on Netflix), I think, so it's really odd that they're releasing it now, and they're not even bringing in any characters people know like Uhura or Dr. Smith, so it's just a really weird thing. It'd have been better if they'd done a Meryl Streep pack because at least that would have added cars and the ability to start a band.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Because it's not my personal dream pack, therefor no one ever wanted it ever and it's the worst idea in the world and everyone will hate and what I want is the only thing that matters!

I think this isn't the case here. YouTube has been fair in my opinion on the assessment of packs and if you look at the likes/dislikes of other trailer videos from The Sims page it becomes clear this is the first pack that an overwhelming majority of players did not want. This is the first trailer where they have gotten double the amount of dislikes than likes in 6 years.

There's always perfectly reasonable people who aren't particularly interested and say so respectfully. A quick glance at those youtube videos and the comments of some people here on the forums just fills me with sadness at the petulance of some posters. I myself have reservations about how it's going to be handled, but I'm not going to start yelling from the rooftops that no one ever asked for this like I'm seeing everywhere.
    Plenty of those youtubers commented that their own preference for realism should come before anything else, (not in those words of course), which just, get out of here with that entitlement. If one single person loves this pack, then I'm glad for them.

I've only read some comments for the trailer on YouTube and most are questioning this move, or stating they gave a survey, yet still dropped this pack. There are always going to be over the top comments, but I haven't seen many over the top responses. I'm of the opinion that when you give hundreds of dollars to a company your voice should at least be acknowledged on some level and recently EA hasn't done this. It is nice to be happy for that "one" person, however if EA expects life long players, the backbone of The Sims to continue to have faith in them then they have to throw us a bone every now and then. TBH this year has been a list of "what not to do" for EA.
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    Well, this will be the first pack of all sims series that I will not buy. Even if its price was one dollar. If I had preferred an RPG game, I wouldn't be buying a simulation of life.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    There hasn't been a new Star War episode since the 60's (unless you count the reboot on Netflix), I think, so it's really odd that they're releasing it now, and they're not even bringing in any characters people know like Uhura or Dr. Smith, so it's just a really weird thing. It'd have been better if they'd done a Meryl Streep pack because at least that would have added cars and the ability to start a band.

@superkyle221 The first Star Wars movie came out in the late 70's... and there were some new ones just last year? Also, I haven't seen the movie but I've heard of quite a few characters and never the ones you've mentioned lol so I don't think they are THAT popular...
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2020

@superkyle221 The first Star Wars movie came out in the late 70's... and there were some new ones just last year? Also, I haven't seen the movie but I've heard of quite a few characters and never the ones you've mentioned lol so I don't think they are THAT popular...

Because one's a Star Trek character. I think the other is from Lost in Space lol
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Cause the game is in no way complete after 6 years. We still don't have important things and Star wars is the last thing as need.
    If the Sims 4 was an awesome, full game then this would be more acceptable. But in its state right now we just want other things.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

Because one's a Star Trek character. I think the other is from Lost in Space lol

Oh okay.... Well I haven't seen those either haha! And only heard of one of them.
    Cause the game is in no way complete after 6 years. We still don't have important things and Star wars is the last thing as need.
    If the Sims 4 was an awesome, full game then this would be more acceptable. But in its state right now we just want other things.

What important things? Better babies? Bunkbeds? Do you think such things should be locked behind a game or expansion pack? I think they should be added to the base game.

The only other thing I see the vocal majority asking for that would be a pack is farming/horses. Things missing from base game are NOT things we should be getting in packs. Theme wise for packs, what one person craves and thinks is 'important' is completely irrelevant and a waste of a pack to someone else.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

What important things? Better babies? Bunkbeds? Do you think such things should be locked behind a game or expansion pack? I think they should be added to the base game.

The only other thing I see the vocal majority asking for that would be a pack is farming/horses. Things missing from base game are NOT things we should be getting in packs. Theme wise for packs, what one person craves and thinks is 'important' is completely irrelevant and a waste of a pack to someone else.

This is a waste of a pack to almost everyone
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited August 2020

This is a waste of a pack to almost everyone

Rewording, 'I didn't want this so literally no one blah blah', doesn't make it sound any less ugly.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I think it’s because the pack is too niche. Non-star wars fans most likely are not interested, Star Wars fans as a lot have said already play Star Wars games some want this pack sone don’t. I know a lot of Star Wars fans who don’t play sims and they won’t pay a lot of money to buy the basegame and then pay for the pack. So it really limits who will want and play the pack and that’s not including the bugs that will come with the pack and turn even more people off it. Yes there is the usually “I don’t want this/who asked for this” comments but this time it feels and seems more than just that. I agree with a lot of others this feels like advertisement for the Star Wars franchise. The backlash would not have been as great if it had been a sci-fi sixam style pack as that would have been more versatile for players.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020
    I also think it's because it's too niche. I for one didn't get a thing in the trailer 😅 i'm not familiar with SW at all so meeting the SW's characters and landscape/environment is not exciting for me.

In terms of gameplay i couldn't understand what the pack brings. I'll wait for the livestream to check if there's some general space stuff that i can use in my game.

Then there's the possibility of it being a story driven pack... Im not sure it is, but if so i won't buy it. I want my game to be as sandbox as it can be.

But i don't hate it and Im happy for the people that love it. I'll be waiting for the November ep.