Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• TatyionaTatyiona Posts: 24 Member
    I keep thinking this a joke. Who even signed off on this
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I can't stop laughing.........
    I can't stop laughing.....

Will the spaceships even work? Because you have to ask questions like that about this game.

I can't stop laughing.............

Lol @everydaysim that’s one of the first things I thought like you probably teleport off the edge of the lot like usual and the ship is probably just a cutscene when you first load the space world
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    It looks really good (I know, that's positive. But --). It also looks like massive, really massive, resources went into it. I suspect that this is where much of the development, testing, and bug squashing that didn't go into the previous pack has gone instead.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    SimSpock wrote: »
    It looks really good (I know, that's positive. But --). It also looks like massive, really massive, resources went into it. I suspect that this is where much of the development, testing, and bug squashing that didn't go into the previous pack has gone instead.

I think Disney probably gave them a lot of money too.
    It's unfortunate that they put so much energy into this specific pack, and not into things the majority of players have been asking for, like better personalities, cars or babies. There's so much missing in the game that needs those resources :/
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited August 2020
    Naus wrote: »
    Just remember guys. MONEY is the only language EA understands. Speak with your wallets.

I DO NOT WANT to hear a year from now how this GP sold super well, just like My First Pet Stuff. Y'all need to put your money where your mouth is and SPEAK with your wallets. Okay?

Unfortunately I’ve seen a lot of people on Twitter in support of this. It’s going to sell well no matter what.

All I’m going to say about this pack is I’m just really disgusted and disappointed.

I definitely won’t be buying. Not even on sale. I just literally have no interest.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Just remember guys. MONEY is the only language EA understands. Speak with your wallets.

I DO NOT WANT to hear a year from now how this GP sold super well, just like My First Pet Stuff. Y'all need to put your money where your mouth is and SPEAK with your wallets. Okay?

Unfortunately I’ve seen a lot of people on Twitter in support of this. It’s going to sell well no matter what.

All I’m going to say about this pack is I’m just really disgusted and disappointed.

I definitely won’t be buying. Not even on sale. I just literally have no interest.

I'm sorry what? I want this but everywhere I go, people are flaming the heck out of it and are up in arms.
  • PolyhedragonPolyhedragon Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Felicity said:
    > I was hoping for bunk beds. The decor looks good, but omgosh, this one is a hard pass. I already use mods to hide the previous Starwars stuff. I am laughing, though. It really is very, very funny.

Oh, wow! I need that mod. I like Star Wars, I just don't want to see it in my Sim's world.
  • PolyhedragonPolyhedragon Posts: 10 New Member
    > @MLadyAzzera said:
    > This. Is. Sad.
    >
    > 1.) This is how you take the best selling pc game of all time and poke holes in it until there is enough room for the fan base to want competition to the Sims franchise.
    >
    > 2.) One of the great things about the Sims is that they've always parodied and off branded (ex. Strangerville an off brand version of Stranger Things), but NEVER, NEVER until now has an already copyrighted entertainment franchise such as Star Wars (which has how many pc/console SW games so far made in total again?) ever been introduced. Ikea and all the like were inspired, but not actual story gameplay, with something to offer everyone.
    >
    > 3.) They couldn't even bother to draw up artwork that would have made a parodied non-copyrighted space world? Seriously?
    >
    > 4.) This is comparable to the 1st Sonic trailer or Pet Stuff in my humble opinion.
    >
    > Yay 2020....can it JUST get any better?!

I agree. A parody would have been welcome. But this..?
  • winniepeepswinniepeeps Posts: 26 Member
    I don’t usually post things but I feel I must with this. I saw a post on Facebook and thought, your kidding me! This can’t be true! Then I saw the official trailer. WOW where did that idea come from. I see so many people asking for more family play, horses,cars,more for elders, farming, freeing babies and the list goes on. I have never seen anyone ask for Star Wars. I feel that all the surveys that we have done have been a complete waste of time.

This will be the first pack that I will not be buying. I just don’t feel that there is anything in it that I will use. I’m happy for the ones that do want it. But for me it’s a big NO.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    It's ROM all over again. Sims 4 barely delivers on any concept and they will do the same with the Star Wars theme.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    I honestly hate the heartwarming feeling that I get when simmers rise up in frustration. Because I really do want this game to succeed....but man, this pack looks like hot garbage so far. Even if I wanted a Star Wars pack, what we've been shown is not what I'd want out of it.

And for the first time ever, I'm not gonna put any blame on the gurus for this. Because this thing is very clearly the product of corporate intervention from both EA and Disney. I highly doubt they had a lot of choice in the matter. I just wish that they could have held off on this contrived promotion until after we got a lot of the things that this game is still lacking in.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    > @Felicity said:
    > I was hoping for bunk beds. The decor looks good, but omgosh, this one is a hard pass. I already use mods to hide the previous Starwars stuff. I am laughing, though. It really is very, very funny.

Oh, wow! I need that mod. I like Star Wars, I just don't want to see it in my Sim's world.

@Polyhedragon https://modthesims.info/d/538238/star-wars-costume-hider.html
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    I’d bet a Sixam GP would have better reception than this…

Honestly I do not know why we need the SW franchise to clash into the Sims lore. It’s like having Harry Potter wizards doing cameo in a Star Wars film… wrong on a multitude of levels
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I'm just looking at the press release and I... :neutral:

I get they can't make everything for everyone, it's impossible to do and that's what CC is said to be used for. Even though most people hated The Sims 3 store I did like how they provided different types of content styles (that should've been more affordable) for different kinds of players. I think they were onto something with that aspect. It's something you could get from them instead of relying on a CC creator and hoping the content you're getting is from one of the good ones. Or at least it should've been. They tend to shoot their own selves in the foot by turning something seemingly decent into something buggy and messy and still trying to make a profit.

Anyway, this is like store content or CC to me. This is something I'd expect in say a Sims 4 version of The Store for about the cost of a venue or standard world or a CC makers props and poses have been brought to fruition in game by The Sims team. Part of the reason people are mad about this is because the state of the game to them is below average to poor. They mentioned storytelling a lot in the press release along with self expression and they say they "loved the idea of giving players the opportunity to tell their own Star Wars story, and The Sims’ open-ended form of storytelling and self-expression is the perfect platform to do so" when some people, myself included, feel like they barely give players the opportunity to tell a decent story in general.

I saw the trailer right when it premiered and was like, 'Wow, they really went there... ok.' They can't disappoint me anymore, it's just whatever, but I knew the second I saw that what most of the complaints were going to be about because most of the complaints have been about the same things for nearly 6 years with little to no change. With a game that players clearly feel is lacking in some or a lot of areas, I feel like this theme should've been far, far lower on the teams list of priorities.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Well, seems we have hit a new low. Even if you thought it wasn't going to be possible.

They never fail to disappoint.

Also seriously, their priorities are literally plum.

They. do. not. care. anymore.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Ahhhh I can’t even form any intelligent thoughts on why I hate it so much ahhhhh I am consumed with vibrating disdain whenever I even think about 😵😵😵😵😵

I’m not saying the pack should’ve been 100% my desired theme. Not my cup of tea, but I wouldn’t have been even a tenth as annoyed if it were werewolves or whatever. But at least be something fans have been vocally clamoring for! Sims fans aren’t a quiet bunch.....it ain’t like we are hiding and whispering from behind bushes the things we want to see in the game!

What makes me even madder is what @bobisbae said....it’s not like they will even deliver on the SW concept. I can already point to every “feature” in the trailer that’s misleading. We all know how the game mechanics work....you can’t just put a new dress on a potato sack and call it a cupcake.

It’s just going to be a bumbling and cobbled together mishmosh of disparate schlock recycling RoM and Uni repoman/EL pollution dustbuster animations.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Ahhhh I can’t even form any intelligent thoughts on why I hate it so much ahhhhh I am consumed with vibrating disdain whenever I even think about 😵😵😵😵😵

I’m not saying the pack should’ve been 100% my desired theme. Not my cup of tea, but I wouldn’t have been even a tenth as annoyed if it were werewolves or whatever. But at least be something fans have been vocally clamoring for! Sims fans aren’t a quiet bunch.....it ain’t like we are hiding and whispering from behind bushes the things we want to see in the game!

What makes me even madder is what @bobisbae said....it’s not like they will even deliver on the SW concept. I can already point to every “feature” in the trailer that’s misleading. We all know how the game mechanics work....you can’t just put a new dress on a potato sack and call it a cupcake.

It’s just going to be a bumbling and cobbled together mishmosh of disparate schlock recycling RoM and Uni repoman/EL pollution dustbuster animations.
    So much this! I don’t need every pack to be something I personally want, but this is just.. I don’t have words. I feel like at this point they want me to pay $20 for an advertisement.. um no. As you have said, even if Star Wars was something I loved, it’s not like this would even be done well. I have every single Sims item/dlc 1-4 (with just a handful of Sims 3 store exceptions), and I could always find something I liked (even if I didn’t love the theme), but not with this. I don’t dislike Star Wars, I’m not a huge fan but liked the original movies (yep I’m old), so this isn’t anything against the franchise in general (gave up after seeing clone wars.. boring). I just really feel like this isn’t about adding anything fun to the game, and more like trying to sell me something else entirely.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Wow I can't believe we were actually right about it being a star wars pack. I was really hoping we were just pulling ideas out the air but no....bloody star wars?! Once again, another pack nobody was dying, begging at the feet of ea for. Every pack up to this point has been extremely disappointing, and just when I thought they couldn't disappoint me any further but they proved me wrong..I mean star wars...again. Wasn't the free costume update and baby yoda not enough? The game is literally broken at the moment but no...what it needs another star wars theme pack..seriously 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    giphy.gif

• doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    edited August 2020
    This. Is. Sad.

1.) This is how you take the best selling pc game of all time and poke holes in it until there is enough room for the fan base to want competition to the Sims franchise.

2.) One of the great things about the Sims is that they've always parodied and off branded (ex. Strangerville an off brand version of Stranger Things), but NEVER, NEVER until now has an already copyrighted entertainment franchise such as Star Wars (which has how many pc/console SW games so far made in total again?) ever been introduced. Ikea and all the like were inspired, but not actual story gameplay, with something to offer everyone.

3.) They couldn't even bother to draw up artwork that would have made a parodied non-copyrighted space world? Seriously?

4.) This is comparable to the 1st Sonic trailer or Pet Stuff in my humble opinion.

Yay 2020....can it JUST get any better?!

I mean the reason they didn’t for this pack is because EA wanted to shove Star Wars in people’s faces, since they own the rights to the video games. Its basically an ad for the other Star Wars games that they own.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Look some people might genuinely like it, especially once they get more info. I'm not particularly sold on the pack either atm, mostly because of how I think the world will work (not confirmed, so who knows), but can we just all collectively stop telling other simmers how to spend their money? The internet will always only show a fraction of what everyone thinks.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    seriously, i've been ranting about this on twitter and on facebook last night(Western-european).
    I was SO disappointed!!

People on facebook just called me names, and on twitter there were some good discussions.

I just can't believe, with all the voting, and what the community & the team have been talking about, they gave us star wars first. I don't see how they will make this a sims 4 thing, it's more about the cooperation with star wars, like how they've added star wars objects & clothes to basegame before, then that's it's truly adding a deeper connection with the game ( if you know what I mean..).

There was so much more that I would have been so much happier with, then this. This was the least I expected..
    I'm glad you seem to understand my point.. The negativity on facebook (sims page) almost brought me down.

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    This is something that could be achieved with CC and mods in previous Sims games. Since you could create your own worlds and had a color wheel and such.
    Being a fan for over a decade this pack gives me flashbacks to Sims 2 and Sims 3 custom content from movies that people create for niche gameplay.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Am I the only person who finds it interesting since the trailer dropped the gurus haven’t made any comments about what is coming in the pack? Usually when trailers drop they answer questions about the pack I haven’t seen this yet with this pack I find it quite interesting how quiet they are being.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Am I the only person who finds it interesting since the trailer dropped the gurus haven’t made any comments about what is coming in the pack? Usually when trailers drop they answer questions about the pack I haven’t seen this yet with this pack I find it quite interesting how quiet they are being.

Yeah agreed, even GC are surprisingly quiet about it, James Turner aside