Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu?

Comments

• Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    I wish there was a maybe option. I saw some characters using blasters autonomously in the trailer, and would love if that was a thing - would even be satisfied with random saber fights. Hope sims leave their phones behind too, since sw doesn't have smart phones. I'd definitely be excited if they fixed gtw aliens and all the EL bugs because of this pack.

Other than that, there's things that imo needed to be done before the devs start focusing on such a niche experience eg. base game fixes, family play (btw do the devs know there are kids, teens and elders in the sw universe?) and some sort of low tech/medieval/farming pack.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @lustianicia Well, I'm happy it was made. Those who are happy it was made will buy it. Those who aren't won't. Isn't personal choice just grand. Happy Simming! :wink:

Well, based on the reception so far, it'll likely be the worst selling pack in the entire Sims franchise... and that makes me happy, personally.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yes
    For people saying, “well, I didn’t want nifty knitting but dealt with it”

Yes, but majority of people DID. They voted for it, in fact. I didn’t buy it but was okay with it because I knew it was something a lot of people genuinely wanted. Literally NOBODY asked for this, voted on it or anything, it’s just irritating that the developers would rather try and reel in a new fan-base instead of putting out something their loyal fans asked for. It’s insulting.

There was a survey last year which included a question asking what brand people would like to see in the sims, if any. Some folks entered Disney or Star Wars.
    Just because we can’t always see what people ask for doesn’t mean they didn’t ask for it...

And...it wasn't necessarily a majority of players that voted for Nifty Knitting. There were four other categories that also got votes, and devs said that Happy Haunts came in a very close second. So if you were to add those other votes together, they would most likely have outvoted Arts and Crafts completely.

Also... Yes, people have asked for more Star Wars stuff on these forums and on Twitter. The thing is though, players tend to not pay attention to anything other players want if it doesn't interest them. So to say nobody asked for it is errantly presumptuous. Because I did.

It's only a Game Pack, people. Just skip it if you don't like it. A new EP is bound to come out in November and make you forget all about it anyway.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yes
    @Lustianicia ... just because you don't like something, why rag on others who do. Different strokes for different folks.

The vast majority of Simmers seem to agree with me, so... lol This pack obviously shouldn't have been made in the first place.

The "vast majority of Simmers" can go cry in their cereal. I'm getting mine! o:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes
    @LiELF ... lol on that last one. The Sims 4 is Awesome.
    LiELF wrote: »
    For people saying, “well, I didn’t want nifty knitting but dealt with it”

Yes, but majority of people DID. They voted for it, in fact. I didn’t buy it but was okay with it because I knew it was something a lot of people genuinely wanted. Literally NOBODY asked for this, voted on it or anything, it’s just irritating that the developers would rather try and reel in a new fan-base instead of putting out something their loyal fans asked for. It’s insulting.

There was a survey last year which included a question asking what brand people would like to see in the sims, if any. Some folks entered Disney or Star Wars.
    Just because we can’t always see what people ask for doesn’t mean they didn’t ask for it...

And...it wasn't necessarily a majority of players that voted for Nifty Knitting. There were four other categories that also got votes, and devs said that Happy Haunts came in a very close second. So if you were to add those other votes together, they would most likely have outvoted Arts and Crafts completely.

Also... Yes, people have asked for more Star Wars stuff on these forums and on Twitter. The thing is though, players tend to not pay attention to anything other players want if it doesn't interest them. So to say nobody asked for it is errantly presumptuous. Because I did.

It's only a Game Pack, people. Just skip it if you don't like it. A new EP is bound to come out in November and make you forget all about it anyway.

Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Yes
    LiELF wrote: »
    @Lustianicia ... just because you don't like something, why rag on others who do. Different strokes for different folks.

The vast majority of Simmers seem to agree with me, so... lol This pack obviously shouldn't have been made in the first place.

The "vast majority of Simmers" can go cry in their cereal. I'm getting mine! o:)

Lol, but there's no use to cry over spilled milk :p (but I'm getting mine too)
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    No
    I voted "no", simply because the effort that must have gone into it seems to explain many of the problems that were created, and remain, with the previous pack and update.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No
    Why do people automatically assume criticizing a pack means we hate The Sims 4!? That never made sense... no, I don't hate the game. I actually enjoy it a lot! However, I'm sick of the developers not allowing it to reach its full potential (which it has A LOT of)... why is that wrong? Don't you all want the game to succeed and be great?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    No
    I still think some good stuff will come before Sims4 is all said and done, however, the trajectory of the focus of this franchise just reaffirms why this will be my last dance with the Sims.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

I have nothing against this. B)
    I'm not excited, but hey, whatever. I played "Jedi Knight" in 1997, And other Star Wars games before and since.
    The Sims 4 was kinda a nice change from all that type of gaming.
    Disney Corporation is probably paying for it. Cheers. :)

I still play "Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy". An old classic I like.

First Star Wars game I owned and played was "X-Wing" Yes, I payed $600 back then for an external CD-ROM drive in order to play it. Hehe! :D
    That would be about 1993-94 on DOS
    You needed a joystick/flightstick to play. :tongue:

:D I loved this game back then! B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vBtS-RppcA

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No
    I mod out the star wars bloatware that is already found in the game.

How do you do this? I did a search for mods relating to the awful star wars junk and only found a really dated mod from 2116.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Yes
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I'm not excited, but hey, whatever. I played "Jedi Knight" in 1997, And other Star Wars games before and since.

First Star Wars game I owned and played was "X-Wing" Yes, I payed $600 back then for an external CD-ROM drive in order to play it. Hehe! :D

I play SWTOR several days each week :p (and have played many different Star Wars games in the past). I'm so excited to get more Star Wars in the Sims. As far as I'm concerned team Maxis can port all the stronghold decorations from team Bioware straight onto the sims 4. Finally free placement and proper building with Star Wars themed objects.
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    No
    This is the first pack I have not even considered buying even once. Not even a 75% off sale can get me to spend my money on it and I even wasted money on the My First Pet Stuff pack. This is a clear cash grab in the worse way. I would love a vacation pack, but there is seriously nothing of my game play that will work here. I find it sad that this is the route that EA is going and am disappointed in myself for spending so much money on this game.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No
    This is the first pack I have not even considered buying even once. Not even a 75% off sale can get me to spend my money on it and I even wasted money on the My First Pet Stuff pack. This is a clear cash grab in the worse way. I would love a vacation pack, but there is seriously nothing of my game play that will work here. I find it sad that this is the route that EA is going and am disappointed in myself for spending so much money on this game.

Not even for free would I add it to my game. :D
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    No
    Nope. I'm not a Star Wars fan at all.

I'm just kind of confused by this pack, honestly. It seems like such a niche market. Other packs like laundry and knitting and whatever are general enough to fit into pretty much anybody's gameplay. But a whole pack dedicated to Star Wars just seems like such a specific thing for specific people. I don't like Star Wars, so no big deal, I'm not going to buy the pack. Not everybody is going to love every pack. But this pack just seems like such a waste dedicated for a niche market.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    No
    At the moment I'm not interested, l'm not a fan of star wars, but I have only seen the trailer so far yet. Maybe when I know more and when I have seen more from the gameplay and the building stuff, maybe then. But right now I will wait.
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    I love Star Wars, as you can tell by my avatar; I love the real Star Wars, The Original Trilogy, not those stupid prequels, or the junk that Disney has produced. I was excited until I read that you might see Rey or Kylo Ren. That’s not Star Wars, that’s just c*r*a*p! Besides we’re talking about The Sims 4 here. Even if they did have Han Solo, Princess Leia (R.I.P. Carrie Fisher), Chewbacca, R2D2, C3PO, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, it still wouldn’t be worth playing. It will be just as lame as Strangeville, or whatever it’s called. I stopped playing TS4 months ago, then I got an email from EA, & it did excite me for a few minutes. I’ll stick with TS2 & TS3.
    Post edited by Destin2016 on
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes
    Love Star Wars, don't love the fact that it's really just an advertisement for the Star Wars park at Disney World. However, it has lightsabers, the Millennium Falcon and the people who I see complaining about it the most are the ones who told me I was acting like an entitled baby for not wanting to buy Nifty Knitting. Preordered.
  • Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    No
    I dont even know what star wars is about. star wars is a 70s/80s cultural phenomenon. I wasnt born yet.
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    No, and I love Star Wars.

Me too :( right now I'm leaning more towards getting Lego Star Wars after all xD
    The Lego Star Wars games are a ton of fun.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Yes
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    MagicaCat wrote: »
    Blatant cash grab seasoned with politics ("unlock missions for the Resistance"? ...Really? 😒 Transparent as all get out.)
    But, ain't nobody forcing me to buy it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Blatant cash grab is politically (couldn't resist) oops did it twice. haha...but on a serious not, it is sad sad sad that EA just doesn't care about this game that we love, or the people that love it.

I think they care about it. They cared enough to give me a lot of packs that I love -- Vampires, Pets, Seasons, etc. It's just that I'm not into this particular pack. They obviously put a lot of love into it. Clearly there are some Star Wars fans on the team.

Indeed. The gurus are literally showing off their lightsabers as we speak. They definitely wanted to make this pack.
    They did. I mean look at SimGuruNinja's epic room with Star Wars. I know he is probably thrilled about it:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Yes
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    Everyone who's saying 'yes' are likely the same people who enjoy 'My First Pet'... so that's not shocking, honestly.

I’m the opposite. I like My First Pet, but I don’t want a star wars pack at all.
    I didn't care for My First Pet Stuff, but very much a Star Wars fan, so yay for liking and not liking different things.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    No
    I could care less but still going to buy it even though it will end up a do it once and done. Most of the Sims 4 is rinse and repeat so why not add one more rinse and repeat to the collection.
  • Options
    Yes
    @lustianicia Well, I'm happy it was made. Those who are happy it was made will buy it. Those who aren't won't. Isn't personal choice just grand. Happy Simming! :wink:

Well, based on the reception so far, it'll likely be the worst selling pack in the entire Sims franchise... and that makes me happy, personally.
    I think it will still sell better than the Katy Perry pack.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Yes
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

Xwing was awesome. I played way too much of that game back then.