Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We don't need Sims 5

Comments

• username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    Next year will be 2021. We are too far into the future, to be stuck with just a few color swatches for everything. I want create a style and color wheel so my sims house/car/bedding/etc. can be whatever pattern and color i choose. I feel that this is important for my sims to have a sense of individuality .

I also want attraction systems in the base game. Id like more control over sims stories in create-a-sim. Cousin/uncle/boyfriend/BFF/etc. should be available as relationship options in CAS.

This same argument could have been made against sims 1/2/3/4....we always need a new sims game, unless the game has become as advanced as it can and cant possibly improve. And we're not there yet.
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • carolinaspmcarolinaspm Posts: 13 New Member
    fully support you! We don't need The sims 5! We need EA to complete the game! Where are the werewolves, fairies, geniuses, thieves, the firefighter profession, among other things ?! The sims 4 is a beautiful game, and it has everything to get better! I believe that they should pay more attention to the calls that players make in the community, and finally, stop launching useless packages that could come in updates!
  • carolinaspmcarolinaspm Posts: 13 New Member
    I fully support you! We don't need The sims 5! We need EA to complete the game! Where are the werewolves, fairies, geniuses, thieves, the firefighter profession, among other things ?! The sims 4 is a beautiful game, and it has everything to get better! I believe that they should pay more attention to the calls that players make in the community, and finally, stop launching useless packages that could come in updates!
  • AmaniTee_89AmaniTee_89 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello All ,

I’ve been playing the sims since 2012 and as a long time player I realized that every time the Sims goes to another level (ie.Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3 , etc) we lose what we loved in the original game. The Sims 4 has AMAZING graphics and instead of creating new expansions backs or working on Sims 5 , I think the team should incorporate things that were in the previous sim level games into the Sims 4. For example: Cars, Cribs , Strollers , traveling without a losing screen , being able to pick which color or pattern we want on our clothes through the color scale. House phones , bunk beds ... I can go on. This items made the previous sims game so enjoyable and I feel like simmers would greatly benefit from having those items again. Sims 4 is great but at times can feel very restricted after being exposed to things in sims 3 that made interactions much more fun on the game. I appreciate the work the creators are doing but please listen to the fans.
  • AmaniTee_89AmaniTee_89 Posts: 2 New Member
    Also the sims 4 has a lot of issues with lagging , that needs to be worked on before creating any more expansion packs or a Sims 5.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Hello All ,

I’ve been playing the sims since 2012 and as a long time player I realized that every time the Sims goes to another level (ie.Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3 , etc) we lose what we loved in the original game. The Sims 4 has AMAZING graphics and instead of creating new expansions backs or working on Sims 5 , I think the team should incorporate things that were in the previous sim level games into the Sims 4. For example: Cars, Cribs , Strollers , traveling without a losing screen , being able to pick which color or pattern we want on our clothes through the color scale. House phones , bunk beds ... I can go on. This items made the previous sims game so enjoyable and I feel like simmers would greatly benefit from having those items again. Sims 4 is great but at times can feel very restricted after being exposed to things in sims 3 that made interactions much more fun on the game. I appreciate the work the creators are doing but please listen to the fans.
    Also the sims 4 has a lot of issues with lagging , that needs to be worked on before creating any more expansion packs or a Sims 5.

It's obvious the devs aren't going to fix TS4 if they haven't worked to improve the core issues this many years in. It may be a lost cause to them. I think they are concentrating most of their efforts on The Sims 5 and making sure it's not a TS4, version 2.0.

• goblinscauldrongoblinscauldron Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd be crushed if they stopped TS4 now. I still haven't got my werewolves or farm animals. :(
  • damageincracingdamageincracing Posts: 275 Member
    I think most people were ready for Sims5 about a week after 4 came out...
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    I think most people were ready for Sims5 about a week after 4 came out...

I certainly was ;)
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    I'm ready for Sims 5.

Sims 4 doesn't have a world creation tool, the best part of the games imo, and it never will. I really want an updated version, the Sims isn't the same without the ability to build your own world and control everything.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Have you seen this, it's mostly an article about EA and the pandemic from August 13, 2020 - an interview with Laura Miele, Chief Studios Officer at Electronic Arts. The last paragraphs about the future and her favorite thing about games is the social connection. I do hope TS5 stays out of it :/.

I really do not want any kind of socializing when I play. I played Mafia Wars on facebook for a few years, it became too much. Stressful job with lot of socializing, then home and hang out on facebook, going to war and chat with everyone in the clan until late night. I was even so stupid I agreed to be consigliere. I quit, have not logged in for several years. Now I cherish my own time, sometimes I don't even pick up the phone.
  • GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    I personally feel the same way especially since The Sims 4 to me feels so under complete and still needs a lot of content coming to it!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    You all may not but I am waiting for a new Sims game. This one is not doing it. So, while your "We" don't need it, means nothing to the "We" who are waiting for it.

Thanks. I waited through TS2 for a "Finished" game. They left a lot out and broke more.
    I waited through TS3 for a "Finished" game. They left a lot out and broke more.
    It seems to me it's time to leave this "broke" game un"finished" and move on.

You all who are enjoying this game, keep playing it. I still enjoy TS2/3, even if I never got everything or most of the stuff we asked/expected/wanted/dreamed/hoped/begged/etc.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Just as long as EA/Maxis does NOT follow the Sims 3 template. The gameplay was fair ,but having every single Sim be fat-faced and blobby-nosed with weird lips distracts from the enjoyment of the game.

I'd be okay with SFM-type graphics-I've seen how good the graphics are in SFM videos of FNAF,and I really wouldn't mind playing with semi-realistic-looking Sims.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited September 2020
    Just as long as EA/Maxis does NOT follow the Sims 3 template. The gameplay was fair ,but having every single Sim be fat-faced and blobby-nosed with weird lips distracts from the enjoyment of the game.

I'd be okay with SFM-type graphics-I've seen how good the graphics are in SFM videos of FNAF,and I really wouldn't mind playing with semi-realistic-looking Sims.

That's what I'm hoping for! I don't want sims that look extremely realistic where you feel like you're looking at an RL person, but a little more realistic than TS4, and for sure NO CLAY HAIR!

• bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    With Paralives coming out, no, I don't need TS5. And until Paralives is released, I'm content playing TS3, not the travesty that is TS4.

Perfectly said! I go into TS4 rarely, I stay on TS3. Paralives does look more enticing than any TS5, for me at least.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    You all may not but I am waiting for a new Sims game. This one is not doing it. So, while your "We" don't need it, means nothing to the "We" who are waiting for it.

Thanks. I waited through TS2 for a "Finished" game. They left a lot out and broke more.

You all who are enjoying this game, keep playing it. I still enjoy TS2/3, even if I never got everything or most of the stuff we asked/expected/wanted/dreamed/hoped/begged/etc.

and the next game will be incomplete and buggy as well... it is a trademark of any EA game nowadays. all they care about is $$$ without any regard to actually delivering a functional and complete game (they chop it up into overpriced DLC)

and the next game will be incomplete and buggy as well... it is a trademark of any EA game nowadays. all they care about is $$$ without any regard to actually delivering a functional and complete game (they chop it up into overpriced DLC)

They have competition this time though. I honestly think they are putting all their funding and effort into The Sims 5 to make it not only better than TS4 but to rival whatever the competition may offer. It will be interesting and I think the simming community will benefit the most from all these game studios trying to develop the best life simulation games they can!

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2020
    I do feel we could get some more content, but it does sound like the foundation of the engine and other technical stuff may be stifling progress in what the game simulation could achieve.

While I do not regret spending money on Sims 4, and I am still enjoy playing it a lot, it is lacking and is not ambitious enough like past games like Sims 3 and Sims 2. It could be so much better.

I do feel we need a new game base that integrated a lot of past game features from the get-go (*stares at toddlers especially and color wheel, etc*) and to have better building and creative tools like in Sims 3, but with more improved tech and such. We need a new base game that can take advantage of the new tech and create new possibilities again.

Maybe not this year or next year, but sometime soon. Unless they play to revamp Sims 4’s entire engine and re-do it all over to improve the game ala Final Fantasy 14-style, then I feel we need a new base game with improved tech.

But this is my humble opinion. :) I am very happy playing with Sims 4, and I feel satisfied enough to feel ready to move onto a new base game.

Here’s hoping the competitor Paralives can push EA/Maxis to do better as well. :)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member

Without EA there would never have been the The Sims series. While I know they aren't perfect, I will not expect them to fail before they even release anything.
    I'm not "Hoping" for the best because that brings disappointment. I am waiting for a Sims game I will "Love" to play.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

That's what I'm hoping for! I don't want sims that look extremely realistic where you feel like you're looking at an RL person, but a little more realistic than TS4, and for sure NO CLAY HAIR!

Yes, let's hope TS5 doesn't have clay hair, and please no more jumping eyebrows like in TS4. And I hope TS5 will not have a blanketed animation system that some how makes all TS4 Sims look the same when they smile or frown or do whatever. It is so annoying. It is one of my biggest gripes. If I frown my frown would not animate the same as yours, right? But in TS4 when they smile some how two females suddenly have the same face with placement of brow, lips, eye size, eye squint or whatever. The most evident is when we see the Sim that looks up to the right and smiles...just look at those avis and or pictures of Sims, it's the same dang Sim just with different hair and skin or eye color etc. But animation is so global across all Sims dang they wind up also looking like each other.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited September 2020
    No, we need a Sims 5. It'll be their last chance to keep me moving forward. Sims 4 has run its course and clearly isn't going to feel complete at this rate, given how poorly they set their priorities. And let's not forget, this game has been out for six years, longer than any other iteration, and we're still begging for it to feel like a "complete" game. Look how much content the Sims 3 had in its five year run. Goodness knows it had it's problems, but there was still meat to it.

Now I've become very harsh and bitter of this iteration. I used to defend it a lot, and be very optimistic, but there's just no more defending it. The only reason I have a smidge of hope for TS5 is because I assume it will be built as a single player game from the ground up, therefore having a competent and stable engine that isn't as limited and that doesn't require innumerable trade-offs. IF it launches missing basic features like 4 did, I'm not buying it. There's no reason for that.

At the end of the day, I don't know if it's the pitiful engine, the utter incompetence of the developers, heavy clueless medling from higherups, or a combination of all three. Whatever the case is, 4 will never meet expectations, will always be lacking depth, and will continue to bring controversy. Standards have been set by past Sims entries and 4 has been sub bar, and will continue to be. They pretty much told us to lower expectations for the next expansion because it won't have any of the features we've been screaming about for the last six years.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'd be crushed if they stopped TS4 now. I still haven't got my werewolves or farm animals. :(

Right, you got SV and SW instead. Some don't understand why this is frustrating to some of us. Because this game has a shelf life. It will end at some point, and then we will look back and have to wonder why did they build packs they wanted to do (they have said it) instead of what players request. Time and money on things a majority of players didn't really want. (The Dislikes for SWJTB is proof of that).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    To be honest I think that if TS5 will ever appear, it will be the worst TS generation and EA will cancell that series.
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    To be honest I think that if TS5 will ever appear, it will be the worst TS generation and EA will cancell that series.

You haven't even seen TS5. But we've seen TS4 and right now it's the worst TS iteration.