Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited August 2020
    Reading some of these comments made me think of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsD4im7K3wg

This video ages like wine.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • mlee2768mlee2768 Posts: 259 Member
    skelebee wrote: »
    mlee2768 wrote: »
    Sims 4 was bound to give me a Katy Perry release.

Katy Perry's Sweet Treats would feel like a Godsend compared to this nonsense

Even though I didn't buy Sweet Treats it was a theme you could work into Showtime and building candy stores and malt shops. Ridiculous how mismatched and awfully dressed NPC's already are in the franchise. With this SW pack I cringe to think of how badly the worlds will be overrun by these added elements. Realism seems to be SEVERELY lacking in 2020!
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I am disappointed - despite all the things on simmers wish lists we get an unasked for pack. In my mind sims is its own universe and bringing in Star wars just ruins that feel. I wanted aliens revamped and Sixam expanded. We didnt need a new alien setting when the old one was poorly done.

ROM was thinly disguised Harry Potter world snd now they are not even bothering to disguise it.

I will hate it if Star wars characters roam the other worlds!
  • paperyheartspaperyhearts Posts: 10 New Member
    I've never hated a single expansion, game pack, or stuff pack from The Sims going all the way back to Sims 1 when it was released in 2000. And I genuinely would not play this Star Wars game pack even if they gave it away to me for free. I have exactly 0 interest in it at all and I like Star Wars and was super excited for Galaxy's Edge and went there when it opened and multiple times after that. I'm honestly more mad that development time went into this and now I have to wait for an actual new piece of content for The Sims 4 because this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 exists.
  • cmcave85cmcave85 Posts: 1 New Member
    As someone who has always purchased every expansion, game pack and stuff pack available for all of the sims games, this is the first time I won't be purchasing the content. I'm not going to slam the pack because I'm sure it will appeal to lots of people who love Star Wars and don't mind it polluting everything in existence, but it's not for me. And although most of the other game packs and stuff packs haven't always been "my thing" I could still see some value in purchasing them but this one just doesn't seem worth it to me and I won't be wasting the money on a pack I will never use.

There's already so many Star Wars themed games, and custom content available for people who want to play out some fantasy Star Wars world that I'm not quite sure why they felt the need to make an entire game pack dedicated to Star Wars. If they really wanted to milk more out of the franchise they could have made a small stuff pack instead for those users who would enjoy having some of that kind of content in their game.

Game packs should be for improving the game play for the majority of users, making the game more lifelike in some way or at least adding a new dimension of creativity to the game. Yes, technically it's still "creative" but the world is going to be story driven, like Strangerville, we all remember Strangerville. But packs like Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure and even Parenthood allowed for users to have new areas of game play that they could explore and create their own stories out of. They helped add another dimension to the game that opened up so many more possibilities. Giving us another story driven game based on a movie franchise that already is over saturating every product in existence when there are so many other changes that dedicated users have been begging for is disgusting.
  • smashersaurussmashersaurus Posts: 28 Member
    It's just so.... bizarre. So out of left field. I mean.. I LOVE Star Wars, absolutely love it. Fan for over 30 years. I will NOT be buying this pack. Not on sale, not at all.

Gob smacked.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    ...It's story driven? Kinda.....not a fan of story driven :(.
  • mlee2768mlee2768 Posts: 259 Member
    Like...why though? I honestly got side swiped by this. It came out of nowhere, smacked me round the head with a lightsaber and f**cked off out the back door laughing. At least Eco Lifestyle yelled surprise first.

What has Star Wars got to do with the Sims? When did they merge? What’s going on? This has to be the worst pack we’ve had yet. The gift of 2020 that keeps on giving. Like Johnny Zest after you install WW and forget to buy itch cream.

Then we come to this monstrosity. I’m not going to bother explaining why this is a cash grab. It’s so obvious everyone can see and understand it. And newsflash, most Star Wars fans don’t like the Disneyfied s**tfest that are the new movies. So this game pack is SO NICHE that it doesn’t even appeal to ALL Star Wars fans. Like it blows my mind that an idea this niche and limited would make it through the idea spitballing without being laughed out the door. Which brings me to the notion that Disney paid for the development of this or partly funded it. That’s the only way I can imagine this getting air time is if they threw money at the team. This opens a whole other can of worms if true (but Warner Bros a little wink wink nudge nudge your way for some Harry Potter Luvin’ if you please).

^THIS^
    My beef is with EA and Disney owned China, NOT other Simmers! If you like it buy it! This just reeks of manipulation and exploitation for the dismal failure of the woke cash cow trilogy. Will not add to EA's revenue on this pack in protest! EA should know the jingle: go woke go broke

• StrawberryNightmareStrawberryNightmare Posts: 61 Member
    [quote="mlee2768;c-17631033"]

^THIS^
    My beef is with EA and Disney owned China, NOT other Simmers! If you like it buy it! This just reeks of manipulation and exploitation for the dismal failure of the woke cash cow trilogy. Will not add to EA's revenue on this pack in protest! EA should know the jingle: go woke go broke
    [/quote]

Like exactly if this is other simmers’ jam then I don’t begrudge them. We all get packs we like or don’t like so baby y’all go at it with your lightsabers and I’ll sit here knitting my onesies. It’s the corporate greasing of palms and tag-teaming to milk more money out of people I don’t like. EA have shown themselves to be exploitative with their gambling boxes in other games but the Sims franchises luckily seemed to dodge that bullet until now. This isn’t loot crates but it’s definitely exploiting the player base to get more money off the back of a “well loved” franchise.

Also I’m calling - Sims 5 will have loot boxes. Y’all heard it here first. Just saying.

See I don’t even dislike the Eco, sustainability theme they had going on. TL, EL, NK, those all seemed to blend in together. Next could have been a proper gardening/live off the land game pack for food sustainability (Wild flowers to encourage wildlife, etc) leading up to the big farming/horse EP at the end of the year. A running theme that all tied in together. Even if we all hated this theme (and I don’t this is my idea of paradise) it would at least make sense and flow together. By the way still tell me you hate farming when you could sheer your sheep to make wool for your knitting empire. Hmm... exactly.

Don’t come at me with saving the virtual sims world from virtual global warming and knock my legs out with a bloody Star Wars pack! There’s no logical order!
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Hello A Bit off Topic

But to the OP I just wanted to Thank You for creating this thread. This is definetly needed <3. Thank You very much!
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Here is the Thing. IF The Sims 4 is feels complete to all playstyle and in 6 years of lifespan already Jam Packed with Depth and Content, I would not be dissapointed at all. Heck even many of us won't. But seeing how there are a lot of cuts and features that are still not in the base game... It is dissapointing. If this is the 11th Expansion Pack for The Sims 3 heck I would even be gladly to spend it.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    This is a pack no one here wanted. There were tons and tons of ideas, and I can't recall a Star Wars pack being one of them. People asked for cars--not Millenium Falcons.

Star Wars has no place in the Sims universe, and Star Wars is a poor fit for the Sims universe. Gonna be real weird with Star Wars alien species and vehicles in worlds typically based on The Sims alternate version of our Earth.

Same issue with Strangerville in that part of the main schtick of the pack is a pre-determined storyline, and you can't mess with/edit/remove certain structures because of it. Which means I probably won't be able to retool the world that ships with this pack into a theme park. The Sims is a sandbox game that you make what you want.

I am interested in the droids, but that's it. At first, I had no interest in this pack at all. My Sim (and myself) have always been a bit of a geek.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I already said this in another thread, but they really need to stop trying to make The Sims into an RPG. It didn't work well with Strangerville, and it probably won't work well here. When we think of the Sims, we think simulation, management and storytelling, not quests and fighting. This should have just been a spinoff like the Sims Medieval.
    EA/ Maxis doesn't seem to understand what the Sims is supposed to be :/

Heck yeah they do. I mean this is NOT AN RPG, not even close. I thought they got the picture when people complained about strangerville.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited August 2020
    I just hope everyone on here criticizing the pack so heavily will stay true to their word and refuse to purchase it... because that's literally the only way we could hopefully and possibly send a direct message to EA that these kinds of packs are NOT acceptable! Don't buy it! Don't buy it on sale either!

We need to speak with our wallets! Speaking with just our voices is NOT enough for a greedy company like EA!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    cmcave85 wrote: »
    As someone who has always purchased every expansion, game pack and stuff pack available for all of the sims games, this is the first time I won't be purchasing the content. I'm not going to slam the pack because I'm sure it will appeal to lots of people who love Star Wars and don't mind it polluting everything in existence, but it's not for me. And although most of the other game packs and stuff packs haven't always been "my thing" I could still see some value in purchasing them but this one just doesn't seem worth it to me and I won't be wasting the money on a pack I will never use.

There's already so many Star Wars themed games, and custom content available for people who want to play out some fantasy Star Wars world that I'm not quite sure why they felt the need to make an entire game pack dedicated to Star Wars. If they really wanted to milk more out of the franchise they could have made a small stuff pack instead for those users who would enjoy having some of that kind of content in their game.

Game packs should be for improving the game play for the majority of users, making the game more lifelike in some way or at least adding a new dimension of creativity to the game. Yes, technically it's still "creative" but the world is going to be story driven, like Strangerville, we all remember Strangerville. But packs like Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure and even Parenthood allowed for users to have new areas of game play that they could explore and create their own stories out of. They helped add another dimension to the game that opened up so many more possibilities. Giving us another story driven game based on a movie franchise that already is over saturating every product in existence when there are so many other changes that dedicated users have been begging for is disgusting.

Well I am going to slam it LOL. Here is my main reason...at Gamescom they literally announced three...one, two, THREE Star Wars games. Why did it need to be added to the Sims as well? Two games was plenty big enough to reach all the age groups between Squadrons and Legos...good grief Charlie Brown.
    I just hope everyone on here criticizing the pack so heavily will stay true to their word and refuse to purchase it... because that's literally the only way we could hopefully and possibly send a direct message to EA that these kinds of packs are NOT acceptable! Don't buy it! Don't buy it on sale either!

We need to speak with our wallets! Speaking with just our voices is NOT enough for a greedy company like EA!

Oh I am a NEVER buy for sure. I stood my ground with my first pet stuff and this is worse than that in my opinion.
  • StrawberryNightmareStrawberryNightmare Posts: 61 Member
    [quote="Lustianicia;c-17631116"]I just hope everyone on here criticizing the pack so heavily will stay true to their word and refuse to purchase it... because that's literally the only way we could hopefully and possibly send a direct message to EA that these kinds of packs are NOT acceptable! Don't buy it! Don't buy it on sale either!

We need to speak with our wallets! Speaking with just our voices is NOT enough for a greedy company like EA![/quote]

I can promise you wholeheartedly my wallet will remain shut for this excuse of a pack. So shut, the Dwarves of Moria couldn’t crack it open.
    I keep asking myself do they understand what we want?? Do they even know their own community?? This pack confuses me so much.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    This is one of the few sims packs out of the whole franchise (not just 4) I will not be buying. If it was a space themed pack then maybe but I don’t have any interest in Star Wars and it will add nothing to my game. I think if it had been it’s own separate spin off like medieval it may have been better received by the community. It just seems too niche. On similar note this year has been bad for the sims I’m nervous for what the next pack will bring. I’ll go back to my sims knitting for now to await the next pack.
  • GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    There's nothing wrong with this pack, if you think about it hard enough you'll realize you aren't complaining about this pack specifically but more about the lack of content in the base game.

I've seen people saying they feel "betrayed", but what for exactly? you are not happy with the current state of The Sims 4, you wait every new pack eagerly thinking "this is it, this is the pack that will change everything", but it never comes and each pack soon feels hollow again, but then again, EA never promised they are going to "fix" The Sims 4 eventually, in their view it doesn't even need fixing, it's getting money.

It's time to realize you set yourselves up for disappointment the moment you decided to spend money on a game you know to be flawed, it's time to realize EA doesn't own anything to you just because you are a "loyal fan", you are not entitled to anything, you are not entitled to cars, bunk beds, better personalities, etc... and why would EA care about it? you already gave your money to them. This ins't even a pre-release game, this game is sold as a finished product, you were promised nothing else, you bought it for what it is.

I'm so over being disappointed, all I do is laugh now, I can't think of a better reaction to seeing this pack's announcement.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Oh I’m definitely NOT going to buy this. I could buy fall guys at that price, and have more fun.