Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Ready for Sims 5

Comments

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Not just yet for me. Not because I am playing TS4 but I am still playing TS3 and enjoying it very much. It has all the content and gameplay I currently want.

The problems will come as time goes on as TS 3 is a 32 bit legacy game which is no longer supported unless you use Origin. I do not. Therefore I do want to see TS5 but not until I am sure the company can do considerably better than it did for the launch of TS4. I have a very long list of requirements for TS5 and unless the company can show me a decent base game that is as content rich and immersive as TS3 then I will not be investing. EA needs to take a long hard look at the direction the franchise was taken with TS 4 and to do much, much better with TS5. I don't mind how long it takes because another rush job will not do this time.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    I think we're all ready for The Sims 5. At least they should announce it next year (and release it in 2022). Sims 4 would be 8 years old by then. Like LGR said in his last review, The Sims 4 has far overstayed its welcome. Enough is enough. Let's move onto a better game. I don't know if TS5 will be as good as 2 and 3, let alone better, but it HAS to be better than 4. I just can't imagine it being worse.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    I think we're all ready for The Sims 5. At least they should announce it next year (and release it in 2022). Sims 4 would be 8 years old by then. Like LGR said in his last review, The Sims 4 has far overstayed its welcome. Enough is enough. Let's move onto a better game. I don't know if TS5 will be as good as 2 and 3, let alone better, but it HAS to be better than 4. I just can't imagine it being worse.

exactly! Actually anything would be better than TS4 LOL.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes please, been ready since years ago
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    I shall bow out of the franchise with TS4...

I've spent a lot of money throughout the years and each new iteration has cost me more, but been played with considerably less.

I should have stopped with TS2, tbh.
  • Options
    livingforwardslivingforwards Posts: 144 Member
    I played Sims 1, skipped Sims 2, played Sims 3, skipped Sims 4 (bought the base game when it came out and figured it was aimed at tween players not adults). I still am fascinated by all the creative possibilities of Sims 3. It’s looking a bit dated stylewise now, but I love some of the characters I’ve played the most and I still find surprises in gameplay. I’d buy a Sims 5 base game just in case it was an up to date version of Sims 3 with cuter graphics.
  • Options
    I played Sims 1, skipped Sims 2, played Sims 3, skipped Sims 4 (bought the base game when it came out and figured it was aimed at tween players not adults). I still am fascinated by all the creative possibilities of Sims 3. It’s looking a bit dated stylewise now, but I love some of the characters I’ve played the most and I still find surprises in gameplay. I’d buy a Sims 5 base game just in case it was an up to date version of Sims 3 with cuter graphics.

dude, do yourself a favorite and play TS2 <3 I've been playing for a week and I'm loving it.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited August 2020
    I definitively will say goodbye to the sims franchise when the sims 4 is totally over. I took my decision. I play the sims 2-3&4 and I even do not finish any of them to explore. I am sure most of you never try everything from any series but cries as babies for novelties, how childish you are.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member

dude, do yourself a favorite and play TS2 <3 I've been playing for a week and I'm loving it.

If I could still find TS2 somewhere and get it to work properly on my computer, I would totally still be playing it. I loved that game.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member

If I could still find TS2 somewhere and get it to work properly on my computer, I would totally still be playing it. I loved that game.

If you have a Mac, there is a collection set in the App Store.
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    No thanks.

After they completely BOTCHED The Sims 4, I'll likely never get anything "Sims" again.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    The emptiness of the Sims 4 is overwhelming me. I'm ready for a more indepth Sims playing experience. I want lots of choices and challenges. It's time for The Sims game to evolve into a deeper, more meaningful experience. Just my 2 cents.

I've lost faith in EA to create a worthy successor to TS, TS2, and TS3. Paralives, baby!! It's looking AMAZING.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I want them to fix Sims 4 first. I went through this with Sims 3. Bugs never got fixed. Eventually, they released Sims 4 and abandoned Sims 3. On the way out the door they left a suggestion to not play with all the EPs active and encouraged us to disable the packs we had spent hundreds of dollars on... That was very disappointing. Don't need a repeat with Sims 4.

Plus, there's no guarantee Sims 5 will be any better. It will take years before the game has enough content to actually be fun. If you get bored with Sims 4, imagine it as a base game again.

Personally, I want more and better for Sims 4, once I have a full working game, then they can move on to Sims 5.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    APotts wrote: »
    I want them to fix Sims 4 first. I went through this with Sims 3. Bugs never got fixed. Eventually, they released Sims 4 and abandoned Sims 3. On the way out the door they left a suggestion to not play with all the EPs active and encouraged us to disable the packs we had spent hundreds of dollars on... That was very disappointing. Don't need a repeat with Sims 4.

Plus, there's no guarantee Sims 5 will be any better. It will take years before the game has enough content to actually be fun. If you get bored with Sims 4, imagine it as a base game again.

Personally, I want more and better for Sims 4, once I have a full working game, then they can move on to Sims 5.

I am willing to take that chance...
    I do not want them to waste years on this game...
    To me it's unfixable...
    Let's move on.
    And I hope people start feeling the same like I and LGR do.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited August 2020

Actually, I discovered that if you install TS3 to an SSD that you can load ALL the packs, both EPs and SPs, even if it's version 1.69 from Origin! I really love being able to play all the packs at once! The only thing that lagged it were some mods, but once I removed them, the game flowed so well! So I will have a fun, with a working game such as TS3 to play while I build up me library of TS5 basegame and packs!

I also don't think TS4 will get any better and the devs know this. This is why they're not fixing it's core issues. They are definitely working on TS5 right now.

If TS5 going to be built on the Unreal Engine 4, it will absolutely be way better than TS4 because it is a very powerful game engine that is feature rich - the devs will be able to add a ton of gameplay. It also already has a built in AI so sims will do what they're suppose to do! All this will be able to give you a TS5 that isn't bare bones at basegame and will be a lot more interesting than TS4's empty basegame.

So don't give up hope! I honestly think TS5 will be much better than TS4 and will give you something to look forward to!

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member

Sadly it can be. Sims that are even dumber than now, shallower and less actual gameplay, and online - with all its horrors that many of us have been protesting since the first hints it may well be.
  • Options

Sadly it can be. Sims that are even dumber than now, shallower and less actual gameplay, and online - with all its horrors that many of us have been protesting since the first hints it may well be.

Kinda wish I could go back in time when they announced the "banner with 3 sets of eyes" and tell EVERYONE "NO don't buy it, it's a HUGE mistake!"
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I only started playing Sims 4 a few months ago and purchased every single pack during the sales. I was a hold out because I didn't like what I saw in the early stages. I figured it would take a few packs to make the game as fun and interesting as Sims 2 (even Sims 1). I liked Sims 3, but I hated all of the rabbit holes. I've been playing this franchise since I was in high school and Sims 1 was first released, so I've watched this game evolve over time. I used to spend hours and hours playing the earlier versions of the Sims, but I don't really enjoy Sims 4 in the same way. Like a lot of people, I mostly just build and furnish stuff because the actual characters are no fun to play. As silly as it is, I used to have actual emotional attachments to my characters in Sims 2.

So, I am already ready for Sims 5, but only if it has the emotional depth of Sims 2 and more stuff for them to do together. I hate that Sims 4 doesn't have decent group activities. My favorite thing to do in Sims 2 was send my sims on dates because it was cute and fun. It isn't cute or fun in Sims 4. They can't play footsie under the table or do anything cute at a restaurant. I miss the photo booth too. You send them bowling and tell them to bowl together, but your date just leaves instead of joining. They can't slow dance together. I would love to see them do more autonomous actions that showed their feelings for one another. Their emotional connection to other sims should cause them to autonomously hug, kiss, hold hands with people they love, etc. I haven't witnessed this in Sims 4. My couples barely interact unless forced to. And so on... Sorry. This is a long rant just to say that I want a better game, and I hope Sims 5 will deliver that, but I also have little faith in the game developers at this point.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member

Actually, I discovered that if you install TS3 to an SSD that you can load ALL the packs, both EPs and SPs, even if it's version 1.69 from Origin! I really love being able to play all the packs at once! The only thing that lagged it were some mods, but once I removed them, the game flowed so well!

Thanks for mentioning this. Does it have to be an internal ssd, or will an external ssd work as well? I am avoiding upgrading to a new pc until the world calms down a bit more. Don't feel comfortable spending alot of money just to be able to play Sims 3 again.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Actually, I discovered that if you install TS3 to an SSD that you can load ALL the packs, both EPs and SPs, even if it's version 1.69 from Origin! I really love being able to play all the packs at once! The only thing that lagged it were some mods, but once I removed them, the game flowed so well!

Thanks for mentioning this. Does it have to be an internal ssd, or will an external ssd work as well? I am avoiding upgrading to a new pc until the world calms down a bit more. Don't feel comfortable spending alot of money just to be able to play Sims 3 again.

Yes, you can install/move it to an external SSD!

If you have the game already installed in your computer, you don't have to uninstall and then reinstall the whole game and its packs to the external SSD. Origin has the ability to move the entire game for you. Just click on TS3 in you Origin client, click on the gear icon and one of the options is to move the game and all its packs where you want, including the external SSD.

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not to sound like I'm living under a rock, but what's an SSD?
  • Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

I first heard about him starting development from a thread last year in July: The Sims Future Competitor? His demo video already showed gridless building and curved walls, adjustable height of indoor and outdoor foundations, etc. He was just using raw or very basic artwork to show those things. Back then, it was just him, and the thread didn't mention when he decided to start developing the game before that. So I looked at his resume and he was doing contract programming starting in September 2018 right up to June 2019, one month before the time he made that first announcement. My estimate is he started working on those initial building features while doing those contracts. Before that, he was working full time permanent as lead game programmer.

Now, he's added environmental lighting, color wheel and patterns/texture, dynamic movement of objects, plus development of the Parafolk and improved art style with the help of 2-3 more people. They had just hired more so the team is now up to 5, with a target expansion to 10 (one less than the very successful Cities:Skylines).

I think the hardest work may actually be the AI of not just the Parafolk, but of how the whole worlds and their townspeople will work together. They haven't announced work on that yet, but I'm really looking forward to that!

Thank you for your detailed answer. I agree that the hardest work may be ahead of the team. The AI of the Parafolk will either make or break the game. However, Masse and the team seem to be very passionate. Not to sound too sappy or anything but passion and drive can move mountains. If the team members are true fans of the genre, and I have every reason to believe that they are, they have the potential to create something wonderful, fresh, and ultimately satisfying.

To each their own, but i dont want Paralives. I want sims 5.
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    I don't think I've ever been satisfied by any of the Sims. Too much mundane management and faux emoting for the simulation to be enjoyable. However I did spent a *lot* of time building or renovating or decorating. That is the one aspect of the franchise that shines. Pity all those gorgeous (IMO) houses I built never had anyone worthy to live in.

As for Paralives... I can't stand cartoons/manga/anime so no - just no.

Yeah i dont personally like the parafolk, either. And it has been stated its part of the art style. So i doubt it can change much.

Also, people are so certain its going to be great, but, theres no telling.

But maybe Sims types games just arent your thing , if youve never been satisfied by any :D<3 No offense @grallonsphere
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Options
    Not to sound like I'm living under a rock, but what's an SSD?

SSD means "solid state drive" which is a lot faster than an HDD (high density drive).

Here's an article about the differences:

• Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Sims 4 is a dud boring boring nothing for the sims to do they tried to introduce new themes but the themes in themselves just don't cut it they are plain and simple not fun. The best Sims game was Sims 3 they had a lot to do and they listened to what we wanted we wanted baby coaches so they put them in. We asked for horses and they put horse in, seems like with sims 4 they put what they want in. I dont' care about StarWars that was another whole different franchise what does it have to do with sims. I don't care about going to space I hate Star Wars I am so over it they Star Wars us to Death. Where is the originality they can't seem to come up with anything else original.