Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many EP will be released until 2024 ?

Comments

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I think the last pack will be in winter 2021. So there aren't many packs left. What I think we'll get:

- farming (EP)
    - generations (EP)
    - another occult/fantasy pack (GP)
    - another vacation pack (EP)
    - malls (GP)
    - playable school (GP)
    - updated babies (SP)
    - a teenager's SP with updated teens (or preteens) and/or
    - another occult SP, like the one with the grim reaper career from the survey (I figure it was VERY popular)

One of these will come with cars. Farming will come with horses. Other animals will only be rabbithole buildings that you place down on your lot.

What I fear we will get instead of all of those cool things: 8x My first [insert subject] stuff :D

I'm still waiting for drums and bass (Rock Band / Showtime EP)

btbertagrjv6.jpeg

I hope these come with Generations or a School pack! I miss them too...
  • Livi5500kLivi5500k Posts: 22 Member
    7 EP
    I am not excited for the sims 5 and hope to see a good 3-4 more years of 4. 7 eps would be ideal for this amount of time... and likely based off of the past release dates.

However, I do think ts5 will be coming a lot faster than I’d like.
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    4 EP (Nov 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
    I can't see it having more than 4 EPs. 1 this year, 2 next year and a final one in 2022 (the year I expect The Sims 5 to be at least announced). They're already struggling to add more content. That's why worlds are getting smaller and smaller with each pack. SPs and GPs are worse now than they were years ago, and EPs have fewer features each time. I just can't see it going on for more than 2 years. 2022 is end game.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    7 EP
    We're getting 2 a year, so I guessed 7, which includes the one for the end of this year.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    7 EP
    leo3487 wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I had a poll here back in 2017 asking basically the same thing. Most people got it horribly wrong and thought Get Famous or even Seasons was the last EP :D

KCMOLD2.png

Hopefully people are smarter now and are listening to what the Gurus have been saying. For example, SimGuruGrant just told us in May that TS4 will continue for a lot more years.

Yeah
    With incoming Paralives, you still think than will be The Sims 5?

You should post his tweet in other threads so people will know. There are gobs who think Sims4 is ending either this or next year.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Where's the option for less than four?
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    7 EP
    Even though I definitely like the pace of two Expansion Packs per year, I'm not sure they'll keep doing that until the end of The Sims 4, whenever that is...

Taking into consideration the quality of the packs during the last two years (with one or two exceptions, let's not be too harsh), I would much prefer it if we got only one Expansion Pack annually but with deep gameplay and actual replayability. And I believe they need to focus on the how of the gameplay, not the what. What I mean by that is basically what Will Wright had said back when The Sims felt like a whole different game. That it's a game to say your story, how you want to say it, using some features of the game but mostly your own creativity and imagination.

What The Sims 4 is missing, in my opinion at least, is personality and replayability. It's like the developers give us a color palette but with half of the colors missing, and then they tell us to paint a Van Gogh masterpiece. It's not going to happen. They put cool stuff into a lot of the packs, but it feels like we can't use them as our own brush of colors. The game has become a notification pool with "adventure" pop-up messages and far too many rabbit holes.

I just really hope that any of the upcoming Expansion Packs, whenever they arrive, will be focused on the actual gameplay, not mere aesthetics.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited September 2020
    7 EP
    I'm waiting for :
    1. Makin' Magic (Amusement park)
    2. FreeTime (More hobbies)
    3. Apartment Life (Build apartment, Social classes)
    4. Showtime (Rock band, Acrobat)
    5. Supernatural (Werewolves, Zombies, Fairies)
    6. Into The Future
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    5 EP
    I'm waiting for :
    6. Into The Future

I love your list and would LOVE it we got them all!
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I'm waiting for :
    6. Into The Future

If Showtime is the expansion pack, then there should be for sims to create a Backstreet Boys/Spice Girls like Pop Group!
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I am waiting for:

1. Updated babies like in TS Freeplay
    2. Generations
    3. Go to school (active school gameplay), preferably coming with preteens or if not, then coming with a fix for our current teens to make them shorter
    4. More hobbies (especially more instruments, bands and sport teams that are playable, ballet classes)
    5. more venue types on one lot (also the possibility to make functioning townhouses and real apartments)
    6. more group activities and a hotel system that can be used in all worlds
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I had a poll here back in 2017 asking basically the same thing. Most people got it horribly wrong and thought Get Famous or even Seasons was the last EP :D

KCMOLD2.png

Hopefully people are smarter now and are listening to what the Gurus have been saying. For example, SimGuruGrant just told us in May that TS4 will continue for a lot more years.

Yeah

You should post his tweet in other threads so people will know. There are gobs who think Sims4 is ending either this or next year.

Just look at all those gobs who are having so much trouble with Sims 4 that a lot of them have just given up on the game and have no hope for Sims 5. Just look at how much the weak game engine struggles to run one tiny little 20 x15 lot in Willow Creek now. After all,who wants to stick with a game that keep having bugs and glitches piling on with every patch ad pack that's released? Who wants to play with half-baked packs ad shallow Sims with no personality?

Sims 4 has been around for 6 whole years now,and the game engine is showing signs of dying. It's not going to last much longer.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    8 EP or more

KCMOLD2.png

Yeah

Just look at all those gobs who are having so much trouble with Sims 4 that a lot of them have just given up on the game and have no hope for Sims 5. Just look at how much the weak game engine struggles to run one tiny little 20 x15 lot in Willow Creek now. After all,who wants to stick with a game that keep having bugs and glitches piling on with every patch ad pack that's released? Who wants to play with half-baked packs ad shallow Sims with no personality?

Sims 4 has been around for 6 whole years now,and the game engine is showing signs of dying. It's not going to last much longer.

What does any of that have to do with gurus confirming that it's staying around for many more years?

Your analysis doesn't change anything.
  • LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    6 EP
    i dont think it will last that long but if it dose then 6/7
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

KCMOLD2.png

Yeah

What does any of that have to do with gurus confirming that it's staying around for many more years?

It basically means don't trust what the SimGurus are saying because a lot of what they're saying doesn't jive with what is actually there.

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    8 EP or more
    IceyJ wrote: »

KCMOLD2.png

Yeah

It basically means don't trust what the SimGurus are saying because a lot of what they're saying doesn't jive with what is actually there.

Sure, Jan.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited September 2020
    7 EP
    It's at least 2 a year. But I dont know if Sims 4 has till 2024, i was thinking 2022
    WbUrFQm.png
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    5 EP
    It depends on how many years left and how many eps they put out each year. I predict that ts4 will end either late 2022 or early to mid 2023. We have an ep coming this year, and maybe 2 for each one of the next two years so that makes five, but if they continue till 2023 then it could be 6 eps.
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    6 EP
    I agree, late 2022 is the very soonest we'd see TS5. I'm guessing they'd also wait for a fall release-Sept so it can go for sale in November or something like that.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    8 EP or more
    My belief that is that we will go to sometime in 2024 cause covid 19 caused a lot of problems for everyone and caused ppl to quit working or work at home therefore there will be no TS5 in 2022 at all
    People are still working at home instead at their actual companies and who knows how long this will continue so my calculations is that once we are back to no longer have to work at home the devs will have to take a look at what each of them have been doing and then trying to figure out a way to get each person's project to work together or they might not even have worked at all these last 6 months at all. We don't know only the devs know if they have been working on TS5.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    at this point in time i would say that its time for the sims5 to be annonce at least thats what i think as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited September 2020
    5 EP
    I'm guessing 5.

One more this year
    2 Next Year (in 2021)
    Announcement at Gamescon 21 for a release date of September 2022
    2 more in 2022 prior to the release.

SimGuruGrant stated this year that TS4 had "mucho mucho years" left.

Well if "mucho" equals one year, then that's 2 years. This is 2020, so 2 years from now is 2022.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Y’all act like they have to keep putting out expansions. If they want to milk this game for “mucho mucho years” they will do that with stuff packs and game packs; the latter has already been radically scaled back to be linear story driven adventures that don’t add much new gameplay (see Batuu and also Strangerville, 2 of the 3 game packs released between 2019-2020).

This game was a mess all the way back in 2018 since that was the reasoning behind GF having a tiny little world. Performance concerns, 2 years ago. Since then the dlc they have released is mostly repurposed assets and code and little in the form of new features, animations, etc.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited December 2020
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    6 EP
    People were saying Sims 5 would be out next year, like, three years ago. And I was saying "No, it won't be." And I am still right.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.