Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    logion wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »
    The traler of the game pack has more dislikes than likes.

The consensus appears to be quite negative. Even the Game Changers weren’t positive :D

And the people who are excited are pretty much saying "I don't care, I love star wars." ...

Hm? They don't? I wanna see <3.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited August 2020
    Normally, I welcome any kind of pack as long as it's fun and I couldn't care less if it was either realistic or not. However, I'm not all for this pack myself because it communicates, yet again, that the developers (or whoever chooses the themes for the packs) really don't care what the community wants and instead, create content based off trends, being "woke", what they want to see, or what this pack really is, it being a cash grab. If this pack was just a space pack, I'd be more into it. But making it about Star Wars is so obviously an attempt to say: "Hey, here's a pack about that franchise you like! You'll totally buy this!"

It's very strange that we now have a life simulation game that has rocket ships you can customize (ish) and build, space ships that travel at the speed of light... and no cars whatsoever.

EDIT: Even for Star Wars fans, this pack is more related to the Disney Trilogy which isn't doing well with said fans.
  • skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    I mean, my expectations were already low but DANG. They could've at least broadened the idea with more generic space-themed/futuristic stuff, and sprinkled in a few Star Wars items for those that are interested in it, but they couldn't even do that. It's time for some competitors to come in and one-up EA in the life-sim department (in the same way that Cities Skylines absolutely demolished the garbage fire that SimCity turned into). I miss the old Maxis, the rich storylines, the passion that went into the games. Sims 4 is so lifeless and corporate compared to its predecessors.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited August 2020
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I knew today was going to be interesting after the announcement, but I had no idea I'd be seeing this much disappointment and anger in response to this theme. I'm shocked more than anything else, I think. After taking part in those polls last year about what the fans wanted to see added to the game, I don't believe I saw one word about a Star Wars themed pack.
    At this point is seems they used those polls to see what we wanted so they could just do the complete opposite and continue on as usual. They're really making me want to donate to Paralives who actualy listen to the fan base.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • poplopfloppoplopflop Posts: 6 New Member
    What's sad is that despite the complaints it will still sell well. That's just how this community is.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Lets look to the bright side! We're all going to save 20/30 bucks! :)
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I have no words... After eco lifestyle I thought nothing could surprise me. Well done EA, you never fail to disappoint.

Couldn't it have AT LEAST been a general space pack? No? No...
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    poplopflop wrote: »
    What's sad is that despite the complaints it will still sell well. That's just how this community is.

I wouldn't be so sure this time. I have never read so many people not wanting to buy it.

They know that the community will be upset, but they also know that the community will complain whilst reaching for their wallets. The community is as much to blame for this. They pull these stunts because they can. The community will allow it. Time and time again.

That's what upsets me the most. The fact that so many people will just mindlessly buy anything with the Sims logo on it or because they "liked one shirt/build item in the pack." EA isn't going to change and these people are to blame for it.
  • mlee2768mlee2768 Posts: 259 Member
    Sims 4 was bound to give me a Katy Perry release. Thought Eco was it but the crafting outweighed all the NAP nonsense along with the option of disabling to boot. EA's mismangement of S4's bugs, game breaking patches and continuous lack of disrespect/disregard for their fan base's requests will eventually drive this lifelong player that has played since the inception towards the exit. I'm sure others will gladly fill the vacuum created by my absence and that's ok. Options created by others fed up with an ungrateful corporate monster such as EA will come to fruition within my lifetime.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I knew today was going to be interesting after the announcement, but I had no idea I'd be seeing this much disappointment and anger in response to this theme. I'm shocked more than anything else, I think. After taking part in those polls last year about what the fans wanted to see added to the game, I don't believe I saw one word about a Star Wars themed pack.
    At this point is seems they used those polls to see what we wanted so they could just do the complete opposite and continue on as usual. They're really making me want to donate to Paralives who actualy listen to the fan base.

I agree. EA put up those polls with the idea it would never actually deliver. It was a ploy to make us believe EA cared about our opinions, and we'd have some say in the type of new content we wanted to see in new packs. And every donation made to members of the modding community, or to the independent game developers makes a difference. Even a one dollar donation can help if a hundred other people do the same. It all adds up over time. :)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020

That might not be the case this time, this pack will change your game completely. If you buy and install this pack, you will have Star Wars in your game. You will have aliens, stormtroopers, jedi and sith walking around in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs.
    We really took those surveys thinking they'd change and they just tossed them in the garbage lol
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    First pack I won't be buying.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

That might not be the case this time, this pack will change your game completely. If you buy and install this pack, you will have Star Wars in your game. You will have aliens, stormtroopers, jedi, sith walking around in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs.

I don't think they're real aliens, these will be masks your townies will wear. :D
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I think I've reached a point where I didn't even feel disappointment when I saw it. Usually I have a tiny bit of hope that a new pack will be better/will meet some community requests/will add some depth/wont be completely filled with bugs... After Eco Lifestyle, I was disappointed and then I gave it a chance, looked forward to it, bought it, and saw all the bugs and how poorly done a lot of it was. Even the hobbies that I was looking forward to have GIANT machines/devices which dont fit in the small lots and tiny homes. Its like the giant telescope all over again. So I think that was the final straw of me being hopeful enough to feel disappointed.
    Star Wars fills me with absolute nothingness...which I think is better because I'm not even remotely interested in any of it to even consider adding it into my game.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member

That might not be the case this time, this pack will change your game completely. If you buy and install this pack, you will have Star Wars in your game. You will have aliens, stormtroopers, jedi and sith walking around in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs.

Maybe not... Like strangeville.. You dont see those freaky sims in other worlds.. And I think it will sell well.. Not because it worths it, but we are livin in a pandemic.. Too many people at home.. to many ppl playing ang getting bored. I will not buy it for sure.. But I'm guessing many ppl will
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I'm a supernatural player and always want more of it in the game...but not when it relies on a whole entire other ecosystem of fictionality to even be understood and relevant. We already had the star wars costumes. Why. WHY do we need more. It's a niche interest too. There could be SO MANY other cool things, players always have tons of ideas we're literally doing the work for you to come up with cool stuff.

And, unpopular opinion, I don't think star wars is even that great a series to begin with (exception is rogue one, that movie is the bomb).

Plus it's just so...scummy. like to shove together two of their franchises and force them to be friends. Like. No. If I wanted to play a star wars game, I'd buy one of those. If they aren't selling, maybe try fixing them instead kicking them over to us. I see why they did though, because most simmers will buy everything, even if they hate it.
  • AlienChicckAlienChicck Posts: 1 New Member
    This will be the first Sims 4 pack I'm not excited about in even the slightest, and most likely won't bother getting. I'm just really disappointed.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Oh nooooo I wanna huge my girl PleasentSims she's about to cry she is so upset. I wanna hug her, I want this pack but seeing one of my new fav. youtubers simmer be so upset breaks my heart.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »

That might not be the case this time, this pack will change your game completely. If you buy and install this pack, you will have Star Wars in your game. You will have aliens, stormtroopers, jedi, sith walking around in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs.

I don't think they're real aliens, these will be masks your townies will wear. :D

lol, probably.

But I really don't think Maxis have thought about limiting the sims in Batuu from visiting other worlds... I would not be surprised if I would load up a new game and then get Kylo Ren to be my Yoga Instructor at the gym. And that might turn some people off from buying the pack...
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    My biggest complaint is just how petty and spiteful both sides of the argument sound. “Well you guys got your boring knitting and tiny living and eco living so guess what this is what you get let us have this” versus “this is so niche and absurd who asked for this.”

I have nothing insightful to say about it except it’s really annoying that everyone acts like you’re either a realism player or you’re an occult player and the two don’t coexist.

I’ll also just say that I don’t play traditional realism or occultism (word?) and this pack isn’t like good or bad to me. It’s just...well it’s a thing.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    At least the cantina gives people new bars. Really don't have enough of those