Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    I couldn't care less about Star Wars at all and I wasn't a huge fan of the concept of a star wars related pack but now that I've seen the trailer I'm actually really excited for this one. This is the most excited I've been for a pack since Island Living!

From the sounds of it, it seems more like a hybrid of Sims 3 world adventures and Sims 3 into the future (my two s3 favorites) with a Star Wars twist.

I've been dying to have quests and little missions in the game similar to Sims 3 for years, sometimes I don't wanna tell a story and want my gameplay to be directed! From the seems of it that's what the "story" will be like in this pack so I'm really looking forward to it. (Thank the lord it's not an embarrassing strangerville type story again).

I think I saw some things that looked like tomb exploring aswell so I'm excited for that. I also like the idea that there's different paths you can go down and different sides you can join so it should have a good amount of replay value and storytelling options to it aswell. Plus, crafting your own R2D2 sounds pretty neat.

I'm just excited for this one all round, love the idea of an out there star wars type world with all the weird house styles and decor, love the idea of the quests and chosing your own path, love the idea of crafting lightsabers and droids and it'll be fun to have classic star wars lots in my game to play with and explore, it just sounds like a pretty solid pack all round.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I love the fact that there is a Smuggler faction!

Me too! I feel very strongly about joining the Scoundrels. B)
    #Team Occult
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Am I the only one excited about this because I get the chance to fix the ending of “Rise of Skywalker?” Ben & Rey might just get a happy ending after all!!!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Fennec123Fennec123 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm probably gonna go First Order for those sweet uniforms. ;)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Me too! I feel very strongly about joining the Scoundrels. B)

First thing I’ll be doing!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm looking forward to the lightsabers! It's so nostalgic, even just watching the sims in the trailer swing them around.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I confess, I haven't REALLY watched the trailer yet. I tried, but my kid was asking for math help and the doorbell was ringing with my amazon package delivery and dinner was on the stove, so I saw the trailer 3/4 times but missed a good 85% of it every time haha. I gotta sit down and do that soon.

I also confess that I'm not a big fantasy/occult style player. I prefer realism. And I've never seen Star Wars the movies.

BUT I like sci-fi tv shows usually.

And I got this dad character. Okay okay it's the one premade I actually play in the sims, the rest of premades I have always deleted, but maybe I just a little bit love this one premade. Is it Erwin from Strangerville? Of course it's Erwin. It my game he's living in Sulani investigating the consspiracy that mermaids may exist (He's never seen one, I don't play with mermaids) and married to his childhood best friend/crush China Bennet who is in my avatar (She's my fav out of all 100 kids that were born in my 100 baby challenge I did earlier!) and they've got a few kids named Itzel, Knox and Gigi and he's just the Geekiest Dad Joke type Dad ever and he loves Star Wars and all things like that and this pack is probably gonna have some pretty fun CAS/Build for him I am assuming. And I just can't wait to see him deck out his office and his toddler's bedroom even more than before.

Honestly I'm waiting until I can bundle this pack with the next expansion release because money is a bit tight right now. Still off work due to pandemic shut downs, but it's not going to be an EASY wait cuz I am actually really excited about this one. And once you alll start posting photos it's gonna be even harder. But I've held off on knitting (which I LOVE) for this long so I can bundle and I didn't do that for no reason, so will power it is!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    sorry to say this but i honestly would of prefered to see a retro content pack 1950 to now i love starwars the movie but that pack in my book after a month will be to recuring to me as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The only TS3 expansion I own is Into The Future so if I can have that experience again I'm all for it.

I hope it's entirely separate from the actual game and I can just portal to it and never see Nancy Landgraab jogging again.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    From this pic it looks like we can actually build spaceships similar how we can in the base game. Notice the blowtorch and protective mask...

https://statscmain-10b33.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/screen4.jpg

OMG this pack looks so cool to me and I barely know anything about it yet! Hopefully they've included some things or kept gameplay open enough for the Sixamians!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    From this pic it looks like we can actually build spaceships similar how we can in the base game. Notice the blowtorch and protective mask...

OMG this pack looks so cool to me and I barely know anything about it yet! Hopefully they've included some things or kept gameplay open enough for the Sixamians!

So those ships will probably work like the rocket ship...
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

This looks interesting... 🤔
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited August 2020
    driving them around with a datapad!???? Thinks......It's probably some kind of tablet I suppose. Sighs.....I was hoping it might be a real vehicle.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

Looked at the picture to see the spaceship building action. Ended up thinking much longer about how I hope that the boots and fingerless gloves are separate items and not part of a full body outfit. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited August 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Probably... I doubt we would be able to drive them directly which is unfortunate but they still look cool!
    @telmarina I really think they've nailed the SW aesthetic and it looks great! I would have loved a more generic scifi pack but this still looks pretty cool. Hopefully they have included 'clean' swatches as well as dirty looking ones on the CAS and BB items but I won't hold my breath...

Is it weird that I now really want a Marvel cross over after seeing these screens?? I'd love to recreate Guardians of the Galaxy... we technically have raccoons too! It could definitely work...

EDIT: Rocket isn't a raccoon though, my bad! :lol:
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    d8879314170b9b6928e074b65124123c5b57867c.png

"unlock starfighter access"!!!!

Oh.... I am so going to do that :)
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    Ben & Rey might just get a happy ending after all!!!

This is what i thought right away! I can finaly make my Reylo ship fantasy true, and start dynasty of powerfull jedi!
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I understand why some people say that they wish TS4 had come up with it's own lore. But from the info we have the gameplay seems much less linear than StrangerVille. For example, I for one have no idea who Ben & Rey are and I don't really care (although I'm sure they are deserving of a happy ending), but at the end of the day SW is just a tale like many others, it has the good, the bad and the greedy and I think we will be able to mix it up and play it in a way that makes it our own. And I enjoy the cyberpunk aesthetic.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I am a big fan of Star Wars so I am excited about it and just hope it turns out to be a good pack. Not something that is disappointing or leaves a lot to be desired. The trailer looks interesting, though I didn't see the whole video.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self

Yes, now you can be like Han Solo or Qi'ra.
    I am not a big fan of SW (Star Trek TNG is my jam), but I am definitely intrigued. Also, those MAC eyeshadows finally make sense. :D

A8LXfM3.jpg

Good point. I can definitely see using those colors now. Also, cool pic. I love Star Wars so I can't wait to see what other designs I will be able to come up with.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I'm still geeking out. Finally, a game to go with my Futuristic Game Save. Plus, I've been a Star Wars fan since 1977.

Same here. Since 1977!
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    If I was to make a list of a million things I wanted to see in the Sims 4, Star Wars wouldn't have made it. But I'm actually looking forwards to giving it a shot! For what it is, it looks well done.

I can't really understand the visceral hatred I'm seeing towards it, I was shocked but my initial reaction was just to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Now I really want to know if kids can have lightsabers, as they would be awesome as toys for them!
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    It looks like a pack explicitly made to break any immersion left in the game. Ugh. :s
    How are they gonna keep all these star wars characters out of the rest of the worlds? You know they'll mess that up, and that's just one part.

Wrong thread @Aine this thread is for posting praise.
    Use this thread for complaints: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980349/the-one-only-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-complaining-thread#latest
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I am really looking forwards to this. I didn't think they would do something so specific as to create Star Wars theme pack, at best I thought it would be space related but I love that they did. It will save me time scouring the cc sites to find Star Wars related things. I can't wait to be a Jedi :)
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top