Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plot a Course to The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I am a Star Wars fan of the original trilogy and the Sims since Sims 1. I have a hard time seeing the two come together though. I guess I need to see more information. I am worried though about Star Wars characters spilling into regular worlds like Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. Will I see R2D2 wander a park or Kylo Ren dancing at a nightclub?

My god. In my game, I hope so.
    #Team Occult
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    krist556 wrote: »
    i hope we get happy haunts in october or i will never play sims 4 again

HAHAH. We severely lack spooky content, so I completely agree.

@Coconut27 @krist556 there is a spooky SP, ghosts in the game, a day of the dead thing you do with graves, you can create your own spooky themed holidays on the calendar, and costumes. What more do you want?

Personally I'd rather they create things never done before in the Sims than to rehash things they have done in TS1, 2, & 3.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    krist556 wrote: »
    i hope we get happy haunts in october or i will never play sims 4 again

HAHAH. We severely lack spooky content, so I completely agree.

@Coconut27 @krist556 there is a spooky SP, ghosts in the game, a day of the dead thing you do with graves, you can create your own spooky themed holidays on the calendar, and costumes. What more do you want?

Personally I'd rather they create things never done before in the Sims than to rehash things they have done in TS1, 2, & 3.

A fair point! Not everyone wants spooky stuff either, which I totally get. But I still feel is lacks a certain element. Also, day of the dead?! I literally didn't know that existed? Thank you for pointing that out I will figure it out and incorporate that into my game!
    It's more so just want a spookier world that allows all occults to roam freely and that is larger than 5 lots that I'm interested in. Or i'll even just take a new lot trait that makes it "occult hangout spot"! Just something to make my occult gameplay more cohesive. Also wouldn't mind on spooky-based career as well since for some reason alot of career mods do not work in my game.
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I am a Star Wars fan of the original trilogy and the Sims since Sims 1. I have a hard time seeing the two come together though. I guess I need to see more information. I am worried though about Star Wars characters spilling into regular worlds like Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. Will I see R2D2 wander a park or Kylo Ren dancing at a nightclub?

lol awesome I hope you get your wish. It might work the other way around too. Maybe we will run onto Vlad trying to make the moves on Vi Moradi. If I get the pack, which I probably will be, I will play on a fresh save and see what happens.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    no new occults=aliens?
    SO many cool looking aliens arround and we can't play as one? I wanna make wacky looking aliens!!!!
    *sigh*

Right @RavenSpit making unusual aliens with weird traits and completely different from the average sim would be fun.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    But...WHY?! :s

Disney needed to promote the Star Wars brand after the low toy sells, lukewarm reception of their last movie, and low park attendance. They probably reached to their official licensee EA and asked to develop a Star Wars Galaxy's Edge themed DLC to revitalize the brand and EA asked The Sims Team to develop this pack.

NGL I am SO angry what they did to Luke .... why you gotta do my boy like that?

That's just what happens when you let two people with clearly two very different visions work on the same trilogy - especially if one will so blatantly destroy the entire setup of the other to tell pretty much whatever story he wants to tell.

But alas, different discussion 😂 what could have been! Maybe TS and SW fit each other in more ways than we thought ;)
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Also, I don’t hace anything against Rey & co, but where are Luke, Princess Leia, Han Solo, chewie, Yoda, Darth Vader etc ?

Yeah, I'd have preferred to see the original crew there myself.

You won't see the original crew in most games or products rn because Disney wants to push these characters, not the OG ones. That's just an unfortunate fact that I doubt EA has (or wants) much say in.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

lol awesome I hope you get your wish. It might work the other way around too. Maybe we will run onto Vlad trying to make the moves on Vi Moradi. If I get the pack, which I probably will be, I will play on a fresh save and see what happens.

Haha, "When worlds collide". Vlad vs. Rey. :D
    #Team Occult
  • shelbysimsshelbysims Posts: 3 New Member
    :) im so excited about this ! :)
  • skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    Nonsense like this is why I went back to the Sims 2. It isn't even a generic futuristic pack; you've alienated a ton of players because lots of people couldn't care less about the Star Wars franchise. Will Wright would be so disappointed in y'all.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Naus wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    But...WHY?! :s

Disney needed to promote the Star Wars brand after the low toy sells, lukewarm reception of their last movie, and low park attendance. They probably reached to their official licensee EA and asked to develop a Star Wars Galaxy's Edge themed DLC to revitalize the brand and EA asked The Sims Team to develop this pack.

NGL I am SO angry what they did to Luke .... why you gotta do my boy like that?

That's just what happens when you let two people with clearly two very different visions work on the same trilogy - especially if one will so blatantly destroy the entire setup of the other to tell pretty much whatever story he wants to tell.

But alas, different discussion 😂 what could have been! Maybe TS and SW fit each other in more ways than we thought ;)
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Also, I don’t hace anything against Rey & co, but where are Luke, Princess Leia, Han Solo, chewie, Yoda, Darth Vader etc ?

Yeah, I'd have preferred to see the original crew there myself.

You won't see the original crew in most games or products rn because Disney wants to push these characters, not the OG ones. That's just an unfortunate fact that I doubt EA has (or wants) much say in.

Sims 4 is also about what is current. Hm.. for my part I would prefer if there were no set characters at all, I prefer when all the sims in the world are mine. Bella Goth...gone. Would change the Grim to my own creation if I could so I would not have been happier about the older cast being there.
  • lienne11lienne11 Posts: 192 Member
    Wow...lame.

They could have at least made this a spin off game like how sims 2 had that island spin off & sims 3 had that game of thrones one lol
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    The one thing I dislike about this is pack is the non cohesive-ness. The new standard world/neighborhood that looks to be included besides Batuu looks....normal suburban? I don't understand how the galactic space build items will work in a regular sim world? It won't. I wish they made the new world you live in have a sort of post-apocalyptic theme to it, so then it would all work together!
  • shelbysimsshelbysims Posts: 3 New Member
    i don't know who will wright is, but this pack sounds like a lot of fun to me. why is everyone so disappointed about it
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    shelbysims wrote: »
    i don't know who will wright is, but this pack sounds like a lot of fun to me. why is everyone so disappointed about it

:o
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

:o

BLASPHEMY!
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I m still speechless, I don’t want Star Wars in sims. This is the first sims 4 pack I won’t be buying and if sims 4 does nt improve I won’t be buying any further ones either. I love sims and I always buy the packs on release day but sadly not anymore. I have had enough.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I have loved Star Wars for as long as I can remember and I'm super excited about this. I feel if it's not for you, don't buy it. No need to ruin for everyone who is going to enjoy it. I have no desire for a lot of things that I'm assuming they'll add someday (cars for one) but I'm not going to sit around and cry about it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm still wondering about what they mean by a datapad. Is it some kind of vehicle at last?

...."Plus, any droids ordered on Batuu return to the Sims world as well! Sure, droids might not go around zapping people in Willow Creek, but Sims can still build relationships with them and have fun driving them around with a datapad!....."
  • amcroceamcroce Posts: 39 Member
    No words. I am so beyond disappointed.
  • Gamegirl2168Gamegirl2168 Posts: 1 New Member
    While I would have preferred EA/Maxis to have majorly expanded gameplay for planet Sixam, I do find the idea of playing on a Star Wars related world interesting as well. I'm at least willing to give the new gamepack a try.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2020
    The new standard world/neighborhood that looks to be included besides Batuu looks....normal suburban?
    I haven't seen any mention of a new world. I think they showed Willow Creek in the trailer.
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm still wondering about what they mean by a datapad. Is it some kind of vehicle at last?

I'm guessing it's just a reskinned electronic tablet like the one that toddlers have in the game already (like an iPad). I think they mean that you control the droids using your datapad/tablet.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    there is a spooky SP, ghosts in the game, a day of the dead thing you do with graves, you can create your own spooky themed holidays on the calendar, and costumes. What more do you want?

The Spooky Stuff SP is just child-friendly, Halloween-style spooky stuff. And even then, it's a very supbar pack. The ghosts are uninteresting and people have been begging for updates on them for years. The Day of the Dead thing was a timed event and barely works now. And there aren't a lot of good holiday options and costumes. If you want to have an occult family, you need to depend on Vampires' and maaaaybe Realm of Magic's limited CAS and BB. And all of these are pretty surface-level.

There's tons and tons of opportunities with spooky stuff, as Happy Haunts has shown us.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

William Ralph Wright (born January 20, 1960) is an American video game designer and co-founder of the former game development company Maxis, and then part of Electronic Arts (EA). In April 2009, he left EA to run Stupid Fun Club Camp, an entertainment think tank in which Wright and EA are principal shareholders.
    Wright's greatest success to date comes from being the original designer for The Sims. The game spawned multiple sequels, including The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 4 and expansion packs, and Wright has earned many awards for his work. His latest work, Spore, was released in September 2008 and features gameplay based upon the model of evolution and scientific advancement. The game sold 406,000 copies within three weeks of its release.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2020

I can't speak for everyone but I think most of the disappointment with packs like these (aside from this one being obvious and passionless cash grab, conceived solely to advertise a mediocre Disney attraction) is how tone deaf it makes Maxis look. Like...we've been asking for things like bunk beds, better skin tones (No, Spark'd wasn't the start of that. That's just when they finally decided to listen), better babies, better family play, and a bunch of other things for years now. But they always drag their feet while churning out things that the majority of the community didn't really ask for (I'm not gonna say nobody asked for it. That would be a lie. But I'm willing to bet money that most hardcore Simmers could care less about a full on Star Wars pack).

It's the same issue this game has had this game has had since the very beginning. They keep churning out all this tacky novelty stuff like clockwork, while constantly taking their sweet time on things that people keep begging them for. For plum's sake, look how long it took to get freakin toilet stalls! Or how bout fact that in a life simulator video game, we didn't get an actual video game console until the second expansion pack. They were getting better with stuff like that for a bit but lately it feels like they're falling back into the old habit of putting their own "stories" and conveniences over what they're being told their customers want.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I just saw an article by the washington post... This is a story driven pack like Strangerville but it seems like because we have different options it is unlike the linear story from Strangerville.

Oh and it's treated as a vacation world.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/27/sims-4-star-wars/
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!