Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Journey to Batuu?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Can’t wait!
    Yoda also had lightning fingers in the prequels.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2020
    Definitely not buying
    Oh, and they just announced this will come with bunk beds. BOOOO

....You're plum-ing kidding me!

tenor.png
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Because even Yoda couldn't resist learning a little from the dark side lol
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Definitely not buying
    [/quote] Oh, and they just announced this will come with bunk beds. BOOOO[/quote]

Just when you think they can't possibly screw it up any more
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Can’t wait!
    That's where the balance of the galaxy comes from.
    edited August 2020
    Definitely not buying
    Flexono1 wrote: »

Just when you think they can't possibly screw it up any more

Assuming this is true, I'm hopeful they wouldn't be tone deaf enough to hold something like that hostage behind a pack that so many people either don't want or don't care about. I'm hopeful that it would be a free update like the ladders. Because keeping bunk beds in this, of all packs, would be so incredibly evil that I'd begin to question whether or not I'm actually the Light side of the force and they're the dark side lol
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Will buy in a sale
    I will buy it when it's on sale, or earlier if there's something I can't resist that is shown in the stream/gameplay trailer. I think the world looks good at first sight, it does have that overall Star Wars feel. However, the combination of the Sims & another RL brand or franchise will always be odd and awkward to me (and I'm someone that really likes Star Wars). I'm a little bit disappointed in the Build/Buy items that I'm seeing so far. I would rather have seen this GP being released later on in TS4's timeline but I guess the sales wouldn't be as high then..
  • empkaileenaempkaileena Posts: 21 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I am so dissepointed in this company. If not for the bugs that makes this game pretty much unplayable at this point, then for silly decisions like this. I know EA owns the Star Wars license for gaming, but really, if I want to play star wars. I'll be doing it in a Star wars game, not a game that can barely hold gameplay together. The trailer mentions "create your star wars story? " Funny, because with the current lack of gameplay, there is barely any story one can pursue.

I got plenty of friends on discord talking to me about hoping they will get a farm pack, or be able to own a resort or vacation homes, real estate?. Doubt we will get it at this point. I can't talk for the community but I have the feeling Maxis have no clue or simply has no desire to create what we actually want.

I am fan since sims 1, and own in any of the games every dlc. But this one together with that lackluster of a nifty knitting I will skip. I hope this blows up in their face really. So done with it. Get your crap together Maxis. And another thing: I filled in so much surveys past year, with great ideas into them, what the HELL i done with these ideas? Seems from all surveys I filled, nothing has been actually implemented. am I just a fool here? Or is my time being toyed with.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

Source?
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    edited August 2020
    Definitely not buying
    garapoes wrote: »

Source?
    Yeah I'm waiting on that too cuz this is the first I'm hearing of bunk beds.
  • TONYALGTONYALG Posts: 1 New Member
    Definitely not buying
    Definitely not buying. EA has successfully disappointed me again!!
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I m not buying it, I have nt the slightest interest in Star Wars.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Can’t wait!

tenor.png

Force Lightning is not a Sith power it's a power any Force User can wield but The Light Side will only use it in an emergency
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Okay / Not really bothered
    I'm keeping an open mind. I'm not sure what to think right now.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Definitely not buying
    WolfNate wrote: »

tenor.png

Force Lightning is not a Sith power it's a power any Force User can wield but The Light Side will only use it in an emergency

Force lighting has been specifically referred to as a dark side ability in official sources. It's something that Jedi are capable of learning, of course. But the use of it was forbidden by the Jedi council because of its association with the Dark Side.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Definitely not buying
    If they wer going to do a move series or franchise it in would harry potter not have been more populer i would have brought that.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Okay / Not really bothered
    My preteen granddaughter who has a sims save on my computer for when she sleeps over, and who dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween when she was 3 or 4, will probably be excited when she hears about this pack. So I may end up buying it for her to play eventually and I'm sure I'd use some of the CAS and build/buy for my alien household, but I'll probably get it on sale somewhere down the road.

I'm not a big Star Wars fan so it's just a meh for me really. But I purchased everything that came out last year except DU, and bought Eco Lifestyle a few weeks ago, so I have plenty to do and don't need every pack to be for me right now. Hopefully next year's packs will be more to my taste.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Personally speaking, I don't need anymore information about the pack to know I'm not buying it. I like Star Wars, but if I wanted to play Star Wars, I would play an actual Star Wars game.

In general, I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi and futuristic stuff, but I would have taken a space-themed GP over a full-fleshed SW pack.

I just don't think this will mesh well with the rest of the game or with other packs either. Definitely isn't for me.
  • skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Throw the whole game away. Make a remastered Sims 2, that's all I want.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Ugh. Nothing but dissapoitment
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Those dislikes to likes ratio. OMG!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4swl1VObu8

People, are, not, happy. Even the 'game changers' are confused and disappointed. Yet they usually mindlessly praise TS4 since its their job.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Sparrow1707Sparrow1707 Posts: 10 New Member
    Will buy in a sale
    My heart actually sunk when I saw the announcement. I have no interest in starwars and dont see it working with my game play. It's a bit of a shame they went for a specifically star wars theme instead of a general space theme, which likely would have gone over better with most. The only reason I'd be getting it is if it was given to me for my birthday or like 75% off, and I'd only be using it for the build items and maybe the odd CAS item
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Pretty good
    I voted that it looks pretty good - and it does - but, I'm saying this from the standpoint of not having played the Sims in 3-4 months. I'm still waiting for certain game-breaking bugs to be fixed, haven't gotten Eco Living (nor Nifty Knitting) with all the reports of buggyness. Honestly I think I'll wait until they've fixed the bugs and ideally, have added cars.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Unimpressed, disappointed. Feels like a waste of good time and money to make something actually original. Star Wars has been over for awhile. People have been beating that dead horse since it was released. It's been literally 50 years. Give it a break. We all know what it is and if we wanted star wars gameplay we'd play star wars games.

It's also totally a stuff pack that they're selling for twice as much as a game pack. Like what's even the point? Just saw a lot of items in the trailer, not much to do. And the millennium falcon is just a rabbit hole, so.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I am so dissepointed in this company. If not for the bugs that makes this game pretty much unplayable at this point, then for silly decisions like this. I know EA owns the Star Wars license for gaming, but really, if I want to play star wars. I'll be doing it in a Star wars game, not a game that can barely hold gameplay together. The trailer mentions "create your star wars story? " Funny, because with the current lack of gameplay, there is barely any story one can pursue.

I got plenty of friends on discord talking to me about hoping they will get a farm pack, or be able to own a resort or vacation homes, real estate?. Doubt we will get it at this point. I can't talk for the community but I have the feeling Maxis have no clue or simply has no desire to create what we actually want.

I am fan since sims 1, and own in any of the games every dlc. But this one together with that lackluster of a nifty knitting I will skip. I hope this blows up in their face really. So done with it. Get your 🌺🌺🌺🌺 together Maxis. And another thing: I filled in so much surveys past year, with great ideas into them, what the HELL i done with these ideas? Seems from all surveys I filled, nothing has been actually implemented. am I just a fool here? Or is my time being toyed with.

You realize this pack has likely been in progress for over a year, and the surveys only just came out this year? They haven't had time to implement the ideas and are likely working on some as we speak.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I think this game pack is an advert. A one and done experience you will get through within a few hours and never play again.
    It’s also a huge kick in the the teeth to loyal players of this franchise.