Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yikes .... The Game Pack Trailer has more dislikes than likes

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited August 2020
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    I think majority are disappointed because Star Wars don't tend to relate to a "Life Simulation" genre.

It's a "life simulation" with ghosts, vampires, mermaids, wizards, plant people and, yes, aliens. I don't think that's it.

People will disagree with you saying "but but these have lore and people asked for vampires, aliens, and mermaids...we didn't ask for this." >> but you make a DANG good point and I agree.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I think majority are disappointed because Star Wars don't tend to relate to a "Life Simulation" genre.

It's a "life simulation" with ghosts, vampires, mermaids, wizards, plant people and, yes, aliens. I don't think that's it.

People will disagree with you saying "but but these have lore and people asked for vampires, aliens, and mermaids...we didn't ask for this." >> but you make a DANG good point and I agree.

I do see your point of view as the game isn't all realism. I was sort of stating life simulation as a form of birth to death with unique choices, lifestyle and abilities. These vampires, mermaids, aliens are all life. They are born, they grow and they eventually die. How can movie sequel game pack be a life simulation?

(I haven't watched star wars so that could be why I'm not understanding it)
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

I do see your point of view as the game isn't all realism. I was sort of stating life simulation as a form of birth to death with unique choices, lifestyle and abilities. These vampires, mermaids, aliens are all life. They are born, they grow and they eventually die. How can movie sequel game pack be a life simulation?

Vampires don't die. Well, unless you go sunbathing. The ghosts are already dead.

Besides, if you're adamant on simulating life then you're in luck. You can send your sims to Galaxy's Edge. You'll even have to pay real money to do it.
    edited August 2020
    I'm guessing it's something to do with the fact that EA signed a deal with Disney that gives EA the exclusive rights to make Star Wars games and nothing to do with giving fans the content they want.

I'm sure that's exactly why. I'm surprised that we didn't get this earlier, as to capitalize on movie release hype.

Vampires don't die. Well, unless you go sunbathing. The ghosts are already dead.

Besides, if you're adamant on simulating life then you're in luck. You can send your sims to Galaxy's Edge. You'll even have to pay real money to do it.

Ah you're right, if we think about it. Technically it's an adventure and some point in anyone's life, there is always an adventure out somewhere.

I really need to watch star wars movies otherwise I wouldn't understand the game LOL

Ah you're right, if we think about it. Technically it's an adventure and some point in anyone's life, there is always an adventure out somewhere.

I really need to watch star wars movies otherwise I wouldn't understand the game LOL

Meh, there's nothing to know. You go, you eat Disney food and you pay $200 US for a light-up plastic tube that will no doubt break on the plane ride home. I hope that's featured in the pack.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    Well, but at least James Turner loves this pack. I wonder if other EA Game Changers will "pretend" to love it just to please their EA overlords.

I hate them all.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited August 2020
    garapoes wrote: »
    16K likes and 15K dislikes. Keep it going guys. I hope EA is going to react. How could anyone think this was a good idea? They ruined the franchise.

Which one? Since the GP is heavily based of the sequel trilogy... :p
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    16K likes and 15K dislikes. Keep it going guys. I hope EA is going to react. How could anyone think this was a good idea? They ruined the franchise.

Which one? Since the GP is heavily based of the sequel trilogy... :p

The Sims franchise.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    Well, but at least James Turner loves this pack. I wonder if other EA Game Changers will "pretend" to love it just to please their EA overlords.

I doubt it. They usually complain quite openly about all the stuff they dislike in the game and other packs so if they don't like this pack I'm not sure why it'd be any different.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    perfectly balanced...i gave it a dislike as well
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    From several youtubers who talked about it before, getting "dislikes" on videos is just as beneficial to them as getting likes anyways. Helps to promote their videos etc.

I think that's an exaggeration. It's not a pack that I'm interested in. There's been lots of those over the course of the series.
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

Your reply combined with your profile pic *chef's kiss
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I for one like both the sims and Star Wars, but the biggest problem is that this is a very niche pack that will only apply to certain players (which is generally fine, except that the last few packs were also niche).

The sims 4 has improved much, but is still lacking a lot of depth and with the promise of features that people see In the various polls, people are clamoring for more meaty content and wondering why this pack is even being made. Therefore it seems like a cash grab that Boone asked for.

The cherry on top is that it is related to the Disney sequel trilogy which is not popular among Star Wars fans.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Thanks for the reminder to leave a thumbs up on the video! :)
    Onverser wrote: »

It will likely be deleted as The Sims channel deleted my first pet stuff trailer off their channel due to dislikes
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    Onverser wrote: »

It will likely be deleted as The Sims channel deleted my first pet stuff trailer off their channel due to dislikes

Didn't ask, don't care.
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

Your reply combined with your profile pic *chef's kiss

ahaha although this one fits more with the sims current state

tenor.png
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »

Let me tell you about my life ... 🤪

cqnNzGhm.jpg

I'm the Biker Scout trooper! Part of a costuming group that does charity events and things.

So yeah, it relates.

Your life isn't a game.... But good on you on for the charity events and all that ❤️

That's true, my life isn't a game. But Star Wars is a pretty big part of my life. I've been a long time fan. When I broke my leg in 2015, if it hadn't been for me playing Knights of the Old Republic on a near 24/7 basis and watching The Clone Wars on Netflix, I probably would have gone insane. I was Darth Revan that year for Halloween; which was a huge motivation to get me back on my feet and moving forward after my accident. It even got me pretty motivated to go back to school and finish my degree, and the last class I took at university was a Star Wars film studies class that really meant a lot to me.

So I'm pretty chuffed about a Star Wars game pack and what it means for my enjoyment of game play, although I recognize it's not for everyone.

Let me tell you about my life ... 🤪

cqnNzGhm.jpg

I'm the Biker Scout trooper! Part of a costuming group that does charity events and things.

So yeah, it relates.

Your life isn't a game.... But good on you on for the charity events and all that ❤️

That's true, my life isn't a game. But Star Wars is a pretty big part of my life. I've been a long time fan. When I broke my leg in 2015, if it hadn't been for me playing Knights of the Old Republic on a near 24/7 basis and watching The Clone Wars on Netflix, I probably would have gone insane. I was Darth Revan that year for Halloween; which was a huge motivation to get me back on my feet and moving forward after my accident. It even got me pretty motivated to go back to school and finish my degree, and the last class I took at university was a Star Wars film studies class that really meant a lot to me.

So I'm pretty chuffed about a Star Wars game pack and what it means for my enjoyment of game play, although I recognize it's not for everyone.

I'm glad you are a big fan of star wars! Enjoy the new game pack! I'm sure it will be fun for you! :) happy gaming!