Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Its the first time I feel disappointment. I could find some thing nice about every pack, but forcing RL stuff into the sims universe jsut sucks. :(
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited August 2020
    I just can't get into this pack... not excited at all.... I would of like Vacation or Farming something we did wanted but not this... it's like that strangerville again... i got that only for the buy & build & CAS and don't play the town at all..
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    This is a special case of 'why' and 'what were they thinking', it's the most cash-grabby The Sims has ever been to this point and now I'm 100% certain there's no way back for this franchise.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I love sci fi and i like Strangerville... but... i'm not excited about this pack. It looks too specific... very focused in the Star Wars lore. I wish it was a more common space theme.

And then there's the integration... i want to be able to use some content in any world or in any sim... i don't like to play packs on one go...
    With Strangerville i got the military career, the laptop... stuff that i can use in any world, that integrates well with the game...

I don't want to buy content that i can't integrate in the rest of the game... i have all packs but i think i'll pass on this one. Anyway i'll watch the livestream (if there is one) and see if there's some content that can integrate well with my game.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I knew today was going to be interesting after the announcement, but I had no idea I'd be seeing this much disappointment and anger in response to this theme. I'm shocked more than anything else, I think. After taking part in those polls last year about what the fans wanted to see added to the game, I don't believe I saw one word about a Star Wars themed pack. And this pack, as far as I can tell, has nothing to do with what the fans have been asking for in any way. It will add absolutely nothing to my game. Mainly because I will not buy it. I wouldn't take it even if someone gifted it to me. If it had been presented as a stand-alone game with a Sims theme, I would be more interested in it. But as an addition to Sims4, with all the problems we are still dealing with after six long years? No way is this pack coming even close to my game. And after seeing the responses on several of the social media sites, I see I am not alone in being disappointed this pack was the best EA/Maxis could come up with as an answer to our requests for Sims4 to be a better game. I actually feel a bit sorry for the teams since they probably had no say in this decision yet they're the ones that will have to deal with the fallout of EA deciding a Star Wars themed gp was more important than actually listening to the fans of this franchise. So I guess I wasted my time when I responded to those polls last year, because not much of what we said we wanted has made its way into the game yet. And I doubt much of it ever will.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I'm not into the theme so it's a pass for me. I would much rather have something medieval or fantasy based. At least this time I am likely to stick to my guns and not buy it, especially after I succumbed to Into the Future when I was bored with Sims 3, and still didn't enjoy that pack. Space-themed stuff is just not for me. I hardly ever play with aliens anyway.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Does anyone know if this means other things EA owns are also possible to collab with the Sims? I would die for a Harry Potter pack, but not sure what the legalities would be.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    They could have made a space themed pack with references to star wars but still Sims specific. This is just too immersion breaking. Really really bad idea. Overt cash grab. They have NO shame left it seems.

I agree. They could have at least made a pack that appeals to more Simmers and not just Star Wars fans. Space themes will leave more to the imagination and tools to create our own worlds...Star Wars is too restrictive and the gameplay is forced into a lore.

giphy.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I wonder why they didn’t add the original characters, Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Yoda, Chewie, Darth Vader.....instead of Rey, Kylo Ren etc

Personally I’d have liked a Space themed GP with Star Wars and an active astronaut career better.
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    edited August 2020
    I like science fiction stuff, but if I want to play star wars games I would buy one.
    If there really was the need to make someting space related, why not giving us a sixam world we can live in, 5 or 6 lots would be enough. New sixam cooking recipes, new harvestables, fleshed out aliens with a skill tree like witches and vampires have. More CAS options for aliens. I dont mind having "droids" but why not use the already existing roboters and make them more alien-like. Even the space ships or whatever they are called. Its weird we have that before cars. They could also do that in sixam fashion. They also could do a storyline if there has to be one.

New carrers could also be added or new Alien style pets. I have SO many ideas for that
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2020
    Im not even big on the sci-fi genre and I would have taken a general space theme over this. Even with my least favorite packs I'd find something to make it worth my while. I dont know anything about the Star Wars lore and I dont know how I'd make it fit into my saves. Im not buying this at all.

Sigh...hopefully an EP coming for the holidays will redeem this year.
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    They could have made a space themed pack with references to star wars but still Sims specific. This is just too immersion breaking. Really really bad idea. Overt cash grab. They have NO shame left it seems.

SO I guess it's canon now that The Sims and Star Wars take place in the same FICTIONAL UNIVERSE. This has tremendous implications.
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I wonder why they didn’t add the original characters, Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Yoda, Chewie, Darth Vader.....instead of Rey, Kylo Ren etc

Personally I’d have liked a Space themed GP with Star Wars and an active astronaut career better.

How else can they convince children to beg their parents to buy the game for them
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Naus wrote: »

SO I guess it's canon now that The Sims and Star Wars take place in the same FICTIONAL UNIVERSE. This has tremendous implications.
    INb4 Bella Goth pops up in the next Star Wars movie - Bella Goth = Sith Lord confirmed!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

Yeah unfortunately I think that's more of a Disney decision that these are the characters they want to push rn (just as they do in Lego TFA) - since they also want people to watch the newer movies and related spin-offs.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I guess 2020 will be the year I don’t buy a single pack :D
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited August 2020
    Sigh...hopefully an EP coming for the holidays will redeem this year.

It's too bad EA can't pull a The Sims 3 Supernatural/Seasons and surprise us with two packs of the same size in just a couple months' time.

Seriously, I was so kicked down when Supernatural was a thing and we were still waiting for Seasons, but then boom, Seasons was right behind, in a very unprecedented short amount of time between Expansion Packs.

The appeal of a Star Wars pack has to be even lower than Supernatural (which I eventually bought for the world/furniture). There's like no reason at all to get the Star Wars pack if you don't care about Star Wars. It's so narrow.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2020
    I hope there will be a Mads Mikkelsen Sim on the gallery as he starred in Rogue One. Never saw that movie and it will probably the only one he starred in that I won't watch. Apart from that I am such a huge fan of him, but Star Wars is something I am SO not interested in...

But I would like a Mads Sim. :) Made one of my own already, but I'd be interested how EA makes him look haha