Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu?

Comments

• Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Folks, don't shed real tears over a game. Honestly. Especially if you're adults. Allowing a game to take up that much space in your life just isn't right :/

Why do you care? It doesn't affect you.

I come from a place where people care about others. It affects me when I come across it on a forum like this, makes me sad. It's not meant in a patronizing way. How can caring be that?

You can't tell people how to react to things that affect them. If they want to cry, whether positive or negative that is there right and business.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    No
    33ira3.jpg

No. Just...no.
  • MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    No

No, not particularly.

Not opposed to space stuff, but rather the use of a specific franchise. They could have had so much fun parodying SW, Trekkies, BSG, Firefly etc, but this is breaking the fourth wall. I would have felt the same about Harry Potter/LOTR/Doctor Who etc, even though I LOVE all of those and like creating characters/stories that reflect them in some way.

And it's not because I'm jaded with the Sims 4 or have been achingly waiting for other content first - I've only been playing Sims 4 since the pandemic started, after a 6 year break from playing Sims 3 so am still broadly positive about this franchise.

If I get it, it will be in the sale and once the modders have had fun with it!
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    MagicaCat wrote: »
    Blatant cash grab seasoned with politics ("unlock missions for the Resistance"? ...Really? 😒 Transparent as all get out.)
    But, ain't nobody forcing me to buy it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Blatant cash grab is politically (couldn't resist) oops did it twice. haha...but on a serious not, it is sad sad sad that EA just doesn't care about this game that we love, or the people that love it.

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Blatant cash grab seasoned with politics ("unlock missions for the Resistance"? ...Really? 😒 Transparent as all get out.)

Blatant cash grab is politically (couldn't resist) oops did it twice. haha...but on a serious not, it is sad sad sad that EA just doesn't care about this game that we love, or the people that love it.

I think they care about it. They cared enough to give me a lot of packs that I love -- Vampires, Pets, Seasons, etc. It's just that I'm not into this particular pack. They obviously put a lot of love into it. Clearly there are some Star Wars fans on the team.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Yes
    but on a serious not, it is sad sad sad that EA just doesn't care about this game that we love, or the people that love it.

Maybe they didn’t care about you this time. But they did care about me. 😱
  • DuskregnDuskregn Posts: 40 Member
    No
    I just find it a baffling, immersion breaking crossover and i don't care for the star wars bloatware in the game to begin with. The "alien" faces look oddly stiff in many shots too so uhhh, a) are they adding one/multiple new alien lifestates when the gtw aliens are done so dirty? or b) are they just fursuiters like the bears and raccoons?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    Ahhh, don't you just love the announcement of a new pack when people immediately start insulting others :D it's such a joy to behold.

I am reserving my opinion until i find out more, so my vote goes into the missing 'undecided pot.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited August 2020
    That what? I have to catch up on news first. :D

Edit: If we can send R2 units to shock sims we don't like, I am SO GAME. I'm most postively waiting for LGR's review after being Mustafar'd on Eco-Living, buuut this should be fun. I actually don't like modern Star Wars, more of a original trilogy + AOTC kind of fella, but if I'm all for adding more violence into the game.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No
    I'm not excited, but I'm definitely going to be keeping an open mind.

Thank god it's just a game pack...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    No
    I could care less about Star Wars, so my vote is no.

While this type of pack might appeal to some people, just like the Star Wars movies, it does not appeal to me.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • BeliBeli Posts: 31 Member
    No
    If I wanted to play Star Wars, I would have bought a Star Wars game !
    "To see a World in a Grain of Sand and a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour."

""He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence." So it is written."
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    No
    I love Star Wars but we need more meaty content that affects all sims lives. Unfortunately this is very niche and once the story if there is one is finished there will Little game left besides cosmetic stuff and objects.

Furthermore this seems mostly focused on young adults.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • StrawberryNightmareStrawberryNightmare Posts: 61 Member
    No
    No, I hate the very idea of a Star Wars pack. Can’t stand the Star Wars films at all (And the whole Disneyfied approach) and don’t get what the hype is about. I certainly don’t get what Star Wars and the Sims have to do with each other and why it needs a game pack. A stuff pack would have been more tolerable but still a waste of my time.

So, my solution is I simply won’t buy it.

And I’m happy for everyone who will enjoy this game pack and hope it’s not the buggy mess they usually release so y’all can enjoy it properly. I personally loved the knitting stuff pack but if I didn’t maybe I’d be more annoyed as that is literally the only release this year so far I have liked. Still, I’m happy knitting my onesies while you all have fun poking each other with your lightsabers. Happy Simming!
  • StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    Yes
    I love it! I actually partially got the Sims 4 in the beginning so I could make Star Wars characters and give them a happy ending. This will really help me make my OC's. And I can go to Galaxy's edge, which I am too poor to do in real life. ):
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Yes
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I think they care about it. They cared enough to give me a lot of packs that I love -- Vampires, Pets, Seasons, etc. It's just that I'm not into this particular pack. They obviously put a lot of love into it. Clearly there are some Star Wars fans on the team.

Indeed. The gurus are literally showing off their lightsabers as we speak. They definitely wanted to make this pack.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    No
    Everyone who's saying 'yes' are likely the same people who enjoy 'My First Pet'... so that's not shocking, honestly.

Sad but true..
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yes
    Can we hold off with the assumptions? It's fine being unhappy with the new game pack, but please don't pick on people just for liking something that you don't. That's low.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited August 2020
    Can we hold off with the assumptions? It's fine being unhappy with the new game pack, but please don't pick on people just for liking something that you don't. That's low.

I agree. This pack doesn't interest me, but a lot of people are really overreacting. I don't think that running people down who are interested in the pack is a useful thing to do, and certainly not a kind thing to do. Banging the "I hate this" drum isn't productive.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Yes
    I hope I'll be able to program my droid to do all the laundry and knitting because I'll be too busy enjoying my Batuu vacation whooping Kylo's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with my blinged-out lightsaber...
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited August 2020
    No

Agreed. That isn't constructive at all. It's rather obnoxious, really.

Now then, to answer, my vote is No. I'm definitely not excited for this pack since packs usually have a theme and the developers take inspiration from forms of media to create it. As an example, Strangerville was definitely inspired by Stranger Things, but the two differ heavily. Here, no inspiration was used at all, no originality, based off the trailer. Because the trailer communicates that it will directly place the Star Wars universe into your Sims game, that can also break immersion since usually, Sims does its own twist on the franchises and media they take inspiration from. It strikes me as a cooler Katy Perry Sweet Treats. It's cooler, but it's another cash grab. I think this would've been more well recieved if it was either just a space\futuristic pack or they did do a Star Wars Sims, but it was its own game, like the Sims Medieval.

It could be interesting if it featured some sort of in-depth Jedi/Sith progression system, but I'm going to wait and see if the developers tried to do something unique or if lightsaber duels are just reskinned magic duels, for example.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No
    Everyone who's saying 'yes' are likely the same people who enjoy 'My First Pet'... so that's not shocking, honestly.

I'm sorry, but I'm curious what's wrong with that? They're entitled to their own opinions, I don't see why it's a bad thing if someone enjoys any pack, even if you think it's bad. I personally will never buy My First Pet stuff, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the people who have and enjoyed it. I'm also not super excited for this pack, as you can see by my vote, but why is it such a bad thing if some people do?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    No
    You know, in Malay, "Batu" means rock. 😂 Fun fact.

Okay, bye. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Yes

Nope My First Pet and Nifty Nitting are the only packs I dont own.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    No
    I can't imagine them doing it even remotely well. That would take time, effort, and caring; none of which are popular with an outfit that follows the 'slap-dash push it out on the cheap and grab the cash' model. In TS2 or 3, yes; 4 no.