Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yikes .... The Game Pack Trailer has more dislikes than likes

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    Well, but at least James Turner loves this pack. I wonder if other EA Game Changers will "pretend" to love it just to please their EA overlords.

curious to know what Plumbella thinks.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Isn't it wonderful that nobody is forced to buy the pack? B)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited August 2020
    So_Money wrote: »
    This is like a builder stopping work on a house's laundry room, knitting room, and wherever you do your composting to build a treehouse garage for your car, game room, and pool on the same property. It’s cool I guess and fun!

Mmm... better now (although you're not wrong that the game needs an overhaul to have more depth, however that's for free update and not paid for DLC)
  • EldraiEldrai Posts: 25 Member
    @Naus It's definitely going to be interesting watching them try and convince their audiences that it's good. Especially the builders, since the items will probably only work for a few types of builds.
  • StrawberryNightmareStrawberryNightmare Posts: 61 Member
    While this is a tangent some people will love (and I’m genuinely pleased for you Star Wars fans) it’s a) not my cup of tea and b) not what I think we really need in the game. It’s seems a little...pointless and random (and a cash grab). I don’t believe other franchises or fandoms belong in the Sims personally. Didn’t like the Diesel or Katy Perry Sims 3 packs and didn’t like Moschino part from the added extras it added to actual gameplay.

But if this is the route EA are taking us then I demand a Harry Potter and a Lord of the Rings Game Pack please!! Also we can throw werewolves into Harry Potter if y’all are being lazy.

I shall personally not be buying it. The only pack I will not own so far is this one. I even bought Eco Lifestyle (boo! Lol)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited August 2020
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    I think majority are disappointed because Star Wars don't tend to relate to a "Life Simulation" genre.

We have aliens...we can have alien babies.....life simulation...huh when did anyone get pregnant with an alien xD
    We have vampires.
    We have mermaids.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I think majority are disappointed because Star Wars don't tend to relate to a "Life Simulation" genre.

Let me tell you about my life ... 🤪

cqnNzGhm.jpg

I'm the Biker Scout trooper! Part of a costuming group that does charity events and things.

So yeah, it relates.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so love it! It will go perfect with my Futuristic Game Save. Plus, I've been a fan of Star Wars since 1977. I used to have a big crush on the hot young Mark Hamill & wanted to be Princess Leia when I grew up. I even had a Luke Skywalker & Princess Leia dolls until it got lost in one of my family's moves. When I was a young adult I read the Star Wars novels to the point that when Disney did their own version of the continuing story I was so disappointed. Poor Luke didn't have his beloved wife Jade.
    Leia & Han didn't have their twin children.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I think it's quite sad that the community react in such a childish way. We know practically nothing yet. The younger simmers might be disappointed though - they are used with getting all shades of pastels, and now they get a space theme that was new in the 80s (?) and that is kind of nostalgia for the senior simmers. Poor kids ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Oh, I expect the glitches, but I don't care. Even Sims 3 never had this.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    At least this gives me lots of time to explore the other packs that I haven't totally explored yet.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I am not surprised at all, I personally have no interest in this pack either, but I am not gonna hate on it or on those that like it. I simply won't buy it. Just saves me money in the long run. I do hope this isn't the direction they are going to continue with though, as it will spell the end of me buying more packs for sims 4. My wallet will thank them though.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member

We have aliens...we can have alien babies.....life simulation...huh when did anyone get pregnant with an alien xD
    We have vampires.
    We have mermaids.

A life simulation. Not a real life simulation lol.
    Haflinger wrote: »

Let me tell you about my life ... 🤪

cqnNzGhm.jpg

I'm the Biker Scout trooper! Part of a costuming group that does charity events and things.

So yeah, it relates.

Your life isn't a game.... But good on you on for the charity events and all that ❤️
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I think it's quite sad that the community react in such a childish way. We know practically nothing yet. The younger simmers might be disappointed though - they are used with getting all shades of pastels, and now they get a space theme that was new in the 80s (?) and that is kind of nostalgia for the senior simmers. Poor kids ;)

I am one of the very much older simmers. I was expecting disappointment and they delivered. But then, I am not into star wars. I even wish the bloatware we have in the base game could be permanently removed. My expectations for this iteration are so low.

We have vampires.
    We have mermaids.

So, what is the difference between playing around with a lightsabers with your kids in real life, and your Sims playing around with lightsabers in the game?

• JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member

I suppose I’m considered a “senior simmer” since I’m over the age of 30. Although we practically don’t know much I do know enough to determine this isn’t for me or my play style. This, even though I am a Star Wars fan. Love the movies and avidly played SWTOR. If I’m nostalgic I’ll watch the movies or play the games.

On top of that I have no plans on buying anything from this team until they fix the bugs that ruin my gaming experience. I’m not the type of individual to go on a rampage over it, I don’t like it, won’t buy it. I do see the positive, more money saved that can be used for other games I play.

Nindigo wrote: »

We have vampires.
    We have mermaids.

So, what is the difference between playing around with a lightsabers with your kids in real life, and your Sims playing around with lightsabers in the game?

The lightsaber with my "kids" isn't real and is based from a particular movie sequel which is sci-fi adventurous movie genre. The game is a life simulation? Not a movie sequel.

Again if this game pack is for you then that's great! I'm just stating a general opinion based on why a part of the community dislikes the new game pack
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Again if this game pack is for you then that's great! I'm just stating a general opinion based on why a part of the community dislikes the new game pack

Lightsabers. Full stop. Period. But also exclamation marks (!!!! - yes, plural). Can I state this as a general opinion on why part of the community likes the new game pack?

Also, is it too much to hope for a new death: death by lightsaber? Oh, oh, even better, do we get a Sarlacc?
    @Finbar659 No worries, I was just curious. To me, both things are in the make-believe genre and something to do for fun :)

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

It's a "life simulation" with ghosts, vampires, mermaids, wizards, plant people and, yes, aliens. I don't think that's it.