Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Looks like the least usable sims 4 pack , ever :D . Eco lifestyle is actually quite practical and adds to the hard work factor and careers of the game. Also the community aspect! This adds...uninteresting , immersion breaking gameplay.

Eco Living does have some cool features, like the candle maker and the fabricator (my Sim is friends with Tina Tinker, and she actually fabricated an electronic upgrade part for her!). Not sure what this pack will offer; it could end up becoming a short diversion like Strangerville, not something that will add into my normal gameplay.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    This also feels two years too late? Star Wars had buzz a couple of years ago ?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    beville wrote: »
    What a bad joke :p sorry 2020 packs are the worst of all packs!!

I happen to like Nifty Knitting; my painter Sim is making a bunch of money from selling her paintings on Plopsy, as well as making some cool household items (now that the autonomous knitting is drastically toned down, it's a fun pack). And the Free Love NAP made things a lot more fun around the dorms when she was at UBrite -- a lot more flirting, kissing and such, yet no extra romantic interests (she did meet her boyfriend in the dorm, they're now sharing an apartment in San Myshuno). This one just looks like it might be a bit clunky.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    beville wrote: »
    What a bad joke :p sorry 2020 packs are the worst of all packs!!

I happen to like Nifty Knitting; my painter Sim is making a bunch of money from selling her paintings on Plopsy, as well as making some cool household items (now that the autonomous knitting is drastically toned down, it's a fun pack). And the Free Love NAP made things a lot more fun around the dorms when she was at UBrite -- a lot more flirting, kissing and such, yet no extra romantic interests (she did meet her boyfriend in the dorm, they're now sharing an apartment in San Myshuno). This one just looks like it might be a bit clunky.

May I remind you to stay ontopic please ;) Thank you.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    A disgrace to the work of Will Wright.

Will would be thrilled. R2D2 in the Sims. ;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited August 2020
    Tired of all this moaning. Gone over to the appreciation threads. >:)
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • mboglesbymboglesby Posts: 18 Member
    I’m so disappointed and let down 😔 I really tried to give the benefit of the doubt and then this announcement! I’m sure there are a select few that will enjoy this but I am not one of them! Why not do a generic sci-if/future pack? That would have at least offered elements for everybody to use, even if they don’t like the theme. But Star Wars?! Come on! I’m 31 years old and have kids of my own, I get that Star Wars and the like are very “trendy” but I feel there is a huge fan base about my age (ish) that prefer things like farming, cars, more in depth family type game play, activities, hobbies, something other than start wars!!!

I’m officially over TS4 and ready for 5, I just hope it’s done right. We were given the sims 3 with so much to offer, then took like three steps back when the sims 4 released. I think it’s officially time to move on...at least for us older (original) simmers...
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I watched the trailer four times, and I hated it more with each viewing. The only thing that I really want to know is if we will be able to build curved walls to create round buildings and towers or if it is all set dressing. If we are going to get curved walls, I hope it is in a free patch/update because this pack is not going to contaminate my game. I'm not sure if the game will contain this pack to its own world, but I don't want weird aliens walking around my towns. I don't like Star Wars, and I like it even less now. This is awesome for people who love Star Wars. They're going to have a blast with it, I guess.
  • SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    I had a quick look on the sims Instagram and there wasn't one positive comment... although I'm sure there's some people who might enjoy a pack like this. I'm not sold, I'll probably skip on this one even though I'm a bit of a completionist.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    A disgrace to the work of Will Wright.

Will would be thrilled. R2D2 in the Sims. ;)

I am excited about R2D2, but I'm very disappointed that the world doesn't seem to be one you can live in. I would love a world like lunar lakes from Sims 3 where sims can live. I'm also a big fan of the original star wars movies but didn't really want a star wars themed pack, inspired by star wars would have been okay. I'm not sure how to feel yet. I guess I'll just wait and see what other information we get on this pack.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I will also add that if my sims will be visiting a "simified" version of a theme park land, too bad they can't also visit the other areas in the Disney Parks, or the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. ;)

I don't totally hate the idea of this pack, I'm just rather perplexed by it. There have been many very busy request & idea threads for other concepts where players have been asking for content. Why this? Was it someone's pet project? Did Disney prod EA to have this happen? It's just so strange to see Galaxy's Edge in Sim form. The stores are the same, even the food.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I'm reaaalllly hoping that some modder will make sword replacements for the lightsabers. I could see some medieval-inspired mods coming out of this!
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    That or...make it a separate game like Sims Medieval was and let the stuff in that pack stay in that game only. My biggest gripe here is that it's not going to mesh well all with other game content. So much of it is going to look out of place, and even worse you'll have randoms start wearing the Star Wars cloths all about town. I really wish it were its own game. I would buy it, honestly I would. but throwing this into the mix of an established game is a mistake.

Yeah, if this were a Sims Medieval-type thing, I'd probably buy it. But as a Game Pack ... it clashes WAY too much with everything else. I'm passing on this one.