Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Journey to Batuu?

GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
The trailer for the new Journey to Batuu GP just dropped - what do you think from our first look and now the new gameplay trailer?

If you haven’t seen it, the initial trailer is here:

https://youtu.be/A4swl1VObu8

The gameplay trailer is here:

https://youtu.be/oe5N_0TQOkM
PS: Please be respectful of other simmers’ opinions!!

Post edited by GalaxySimsGirl on

What do you think of Journey to Batuu? 435 votes

Can’t wait!
16%
crocobauraFreckles1971LeGardePourpreMadstarletBlkBarbiegalrudolphaAprilDawnCamkatmcruddSimburianOrsalakMeteoraStormRadioAChickencchant86Moon_WillowshygirlSimberella777kemoweryAndiratymeAncientMuse 73 votes
Pretty good
6%
bandit5IceyJLadyMariketaIsb917simgirl1010DJQ1308JestTrualanmichael1RinskPegasysashcrash19BabykittyjadePaulmarch76NetzspannungWinifred_WillowEnkiSchmidtKiwicantdieAlanSimsRedShoe7phunktasticjoe89 28 votes
Okay / Not really bothered
11%
Bluegaylehoneypooh1267KamioicmnfrshJeanYunaCabelle1863aelias24danacnbrettelemmeleAuroraBoreallisNyxLunaStarjimbbqluthienrisingSirenLuminosstilljustme2gothprincess4everwrenstalessimmietimetaydev 52 votes
Definitely not buying
56%
auroraael14vancanuckfan86catmom1987Stace1234566Nh6650windweaverbrackencat31julienrob2004Kita5399Sara1010PIcewolfJasedjacquelynstewIrishSimmer21alexspoom13orangeplumbobOolonglongOmri147HowGreatThouArtMartinv 247 votes
Will buy in a sale
6%
GoldmoldarAllison18XBanana00CreamXIsa_MenezesSjofnpajamajam07duhboy2u2112061DaemonPawsLissyK9Fro83pammiechickTrimothLatinaBunnykw4222EvaliynbeautimousCeridwenMekoSharkCrazyNinja 28 votes
If it has.... (comment)
1%
yoshi_dragur2012texxx78MDianaSimsmusteniRob_E_Coyotescoed1227DaKapten 7 votes

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Happy for the Space fans and I am sure I will eventually grab it for items etc.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I have never had any interest in Star Wars so I'm definitely not buying it.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Star Wars was ruined for me so no
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited August 2020
    It’s weird. I mean nobody asked for it, and it won’t bring much needed gameplay. Give me cars. Give me real personality. Give us stuff we actually asked for.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and if it were a standalone game, I'd probably buy it. But i'm not interested in mixing an entire GP based on it into the Sims game. A few CAS for costumes and objects for Easter Eggs, sure, but not a whole GP. Definitely not buying, even on sale.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Can’t wait!
    Honestly this game pack makes me so happy!

I'm not some huge fan of Star Wars, but I'll take whatever unrealistic gameplay I can get at this point.

My only concern is that it appears our sims won't be able to live on Batuu, but will instead be like a vacation world. I really hope this isn't the case, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited August 2020
    Definitely not buying
    Like Star Wars on it's own. The Sims has nothing to do with this and never should. My issue with this is EA.. ignoring, delivering unasked content while so much is missing, ruining The Sims franchise loved by many and then acting like they listen and care.. Please.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Of all the things they could have added to the sims franchise they have to go and choose the worst option , Star wars lost my interest years ago and EA decide now when star wars is pretty much finished as a film franchise to bring something like this , They could have done so much more with vacations , music groups , proper dates . They did a survey a while back and seemingly have ignored what people wanted to try and milk their Star wars cash cow franchise , No longer do they care what people want , At least it will save me the cost of buying it
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    I think that some of the gameplay could be interesting and it’s something we haven’t really had before in the series, but I haven’t seen anyone ask for it and many of the more requested packs (farming, generations, supernatural) haven’t been mentioned.

However, I’m still happy for all the people who will enjoy this pack!
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Not what I want added to my game, nothing in it is even slightly appealing to me.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Definitely not buying
    If this would’ve have strictly Space-Themed I would’ve been all over this, but I don’t want Star Wars in my sims games.

I have bought every EP, GP, SP, and Store Content from TS1, TS2, TS3, and TS4 until now... definitely skipping this one.
  • simsplayer86simsplayer86 Posts: 33 Member
    Definitely not buying
    No thanks! I like the Star Wars movies but if I wanted to play a Star Wars game, I'd play a Star Wars game, NOT The Sims. Happy for those that are excited though.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Can’t wait!
    I prefer fantasy content, and am hoping we get Werewolves soon, but I like sci-fi and this looks fun to me. I'm not deep into the Star Wars fandom but I do like it and I'll have fun taking my Sixam aliens to Batuu <3
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Really not interested in adding this content into my game. I’m happy for those that will enjoy this type gameplay though. I thought I was a collector until this pack showed up. I just can’t rationalize spending money on a game of which I won’t utilize any assets from. I’m a little disappointed, but hopefully they are working on more realistic or family gameplay for an upcoming pack. Always happy to buy that type of content!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    I remember trailer for eco living was rather weak, so i hope when we will get more info i will get hypec because right now i feel kinda whatever about this
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    Also sorta worried that it might only be a vacation-type world like @PlanetSixam said, or have more limited / one-time gameplay.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I don't really care about Star Wars at all. And on the list of potential game packs I wanted space was very low on the list. (And no I am not just being bitter we still don't have Werewolves or Fairies yet...)
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Looks like another story driven pack that should have been released near the end of The Sims 4. I will pass.
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Pretty good
    It really depends on the pack delivering interesting non-linear gameplay. If it's just a recolored Jungle Adventure, then it's a disappointment.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    If I could have selected both "Ok, not really bothered" and "will buy in a sale" I would have. The content doesn't interest me a whole lot, I am a Star Wars fan but not to the level that I'd want to play it out in my Sims world. However, I could see having my Curious brothers get involved in this because it would be totally their thing. I need to see more to decide for sure. Is it just a destination world? Are there new types of aliens, or is it all just costumes on regular sims?

I don't know, my feelings are very mixed at the moment. The pack kind of seems like a huge advertisement for the Star Wars franchise, and for Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland & Disney World. Cool in many ways, but there are also other things I would have been much more excited for. I think I'm just going to have to sit and think on the idea of this pack for a while.
  • EteyraEteyra Posts: 26 Member
    Can’t wait!
    Well, I'm a huge Star Wars nerd so of course I'm excited. I'm also glad to have a city completely different from a realistic one.
    But of course I can understand how this pack can't please everyone. If a pack entirely about a movie or a tv show I'm not interested in were to come out, I would be disappointed too.
    Hope this pack will deliver some good cas or build mode to reconcile everyone.
  • boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    Will buy it i'm excited. I knew it was a star wars pack. Batuu
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Definitely not buying
    The next pack they create better be the greatest pack in the history of The Sims... exceeding ALL expectations of anything we've ever seen before! It better be the biggest pack ever! Because if they seriously wanna put out garbage like THIS, then they best be prepared to experience backlash!

And no, I don't feel bad for any backlash they're currently getting and will continue to receive... they deserve it! It's obvious they STILL haven't learned their lesson from past experiences... they should know better by now about NOT releasing garbage packs, but they aren't getting the hint, apparently. This is like the 3rd or 4th time they've experienced major backlash for releasing a pointless pack... when will they learn!?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg