Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too Good at Goodbyes (Updated 06/25/2021)

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    ajamkeevin wrote: »
    Chapter 44
    Eeeeeeek, I was nervously anticipating it but now that it's here, I really don't want it to happen. I really hope that Sofia doesn't relapse! She's done so well so far... but I can understand her feeling uncomfortable with the situation with Duke. Duke couldn't have known, really, but honestly him putting the weight of the secret on Sofia was not a very good thing. I hope Luna doesn't find out that Sofia knows about it... :(

Even though Sofia didn't have the best time, I thought the date at the roller rink was super cute! And she and Luna make such an adorable couple. Luna is looking fabulous!

Side note: it's nice to be all caught up for once and read as you publish instead of binging :P Although when we have cliffhangers like this one I'm left itching for more! Hehe~
    It's definitely not Duke's fault. He doesn't know the intricacies of Sofia's life. How could he have known she's a recovering addict and dating his dad's sister. 😂 It even sounds messed up.

I'm sorry. Cliffhangers seem to happen so often. It's like second nature to me. 😅
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    How did I miss this?!

Chapter 44
    It took me a while to realize what I liked about Luna's look so much in this chapter, and then I realized - she doesn't look like a mom, if that makes sense. She looks like a woman dressing up to go on a date. That's obvious because she is, but we've only ever seen Luna in the mom-role to the point where it's like that is her entire existence. It's good to see her like this, both because she's really pretty and because of what it means.

Aaaaaaand Sofia. I already panicked about Sofia on your blog, so I'll save you the same rant here. :D

It's okay! Hasn't been up for long.
    You're right. Luna likes makeup and pretty clothes so a date is a perfect opportunity to play dress-up! She tries to look good at home too, but Sofia makes her go all-out.
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    @Duvelina no need to apologize! I actually really like cliffhangers, they keep me on my toes and make me anticipate the next chapter so much more. Like today, I woke up thinking "will Sofia do it?" haha.
    ajamkeevin wrote: »
    @Duvelina no need to apologize! I actually really like cliffhangers, they keep me on my toes and make me anticipate the next chapter so much more. Like today, I woke up thinking "will Sofia do it?" haha.

That's so cool! There's not a long wait this time. Posting the next part tomorrow. 😁
    Duvelina wrote: »
    That's so cool! There's not a long wait this time. Posting the next part tomorrow. 😁

Excellent! I'll be looking forward to it :blush:
    edited August 2020
    Chapter 45: You Make Me Stronger is online! Will Sofia use the bubble blower?

Thank-You-For-Being-There.png
    Post edited by Duvelina on
    Chapter 45
    Oh gosh, I really loved this! For several reasons. I'm so, so relieved that Sofia didn't give into the temptation of the bubble blower. I was so worried that she would and it would throw her into a downward spiral! I also love that Luna realized this and instead of calling her out on it, she warmly and softly encouraged her to be strong. It was a lovely moment between these two, I love them. AND THAT KISS, golly. It was lovely! I'm fully on Team #lunafia/#soluna (or whatever their ship name will be, haha) because they're great with each other, respectful but also good influences on each other, and just so cute together. AWESOME chapter♥
    @ajamkeevin
    Luna and Sofia are really growing into their relationship and seeing these lovely personalities come together is such a joy. Luna encouraging Sofia's healing process is so so important and it brings out a softness in Sofia that we haven't seen before.
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Duvie, your link brings you to the picture, not the chapter page. :/
    Aaaaah I'm so glad Sofia was able to resist it this time around T.T a very large part of that was probably from Luna being here, and I wonder if Sofia would have been able to pull herself loose from it if Luna had been any later in coming to find her. Those two really are good for each other, it seems. Ngaw, their first kiss, too <3
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi It's been fixed, thanks!
    Their kiss was so cute to see! It wasn't actually their first though. They shared a kiss once when Sofia randomly came to visit Sofia in her withdrawal phase.
    edited September 2020
    Chapter 46: Time to Make Up is out! Luna finally has that conversation with Hugo.

Nervous-About-Talking-to-Hugo.png
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    oh man i know i wanted to see this but its such a heartbreaker. I know they'll heal because they're both lovely people but this was still sad to watch.

Also are you experimenting with a new style of writing? I really like it! All the extra details of Luna's nervousness or Hugo's body language really enriched the story for me. ♡
    Chapter 46
    Oof. I knew this was probably going to happen, but… ouch. Ouch. And right after they made up about avoiding each other, too. I feel so bad for both of them. Hugo for getting “betrayed” by his sister like that, and while she knew how recently they split up and how fresh the wound from their relationship still was. And Luna for her brother rejecting her happiness, right after she so readily accepted his.
    Aw, man. This one is going to take a lot of time to heal.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @mercuryfoam
    Oh, wow, thank you! I wasn't purposely experimenting but I had to do something to spice up this conversation since that's all the chapter was!

@_sims_Yimi
    Yes. Such a bittersweet moment. It seemed like they were finally okay again and then something so hurtful happens. My heart hurts for both sides here. 💔
    Chapter 47: Pushing Too Hard is out! We go to the Villareal Main House and see how they are faring.

Midnight-Boxing-from-Balcony-Going-to-Bed-Late.png
    Chapter 48: Do You Want to Build a Snowman is online! Allyson goes to the park and meets an unlikely friend.

Monkeying-Around.png

Chapter 48
    Luna wasn’t with her today and Allyson knew undoubtedly, she’d get into trouble later because she hadn’t told her mom she was leaving. Not that her mom would let her leave.
    Aw man, that’s the core of their relationship issues, isn’t it? Luna is too overbearing, causing Allyson to act out and rebel against her. But seriously – I’m picturing Allyson to be in her teens, maybe 12 ish years old? I don’t know how far off I am with that, but she’s old enough to go places by herself in my book. Of course she needs to tell her mother where she’s going and with whom – and ask permission – but the fact that Allyson assumes her mother wouldn’t even let her go to the playground by herself is very telling. How is Allyson supposed to grow and develop if she’s constantly kept on a leash and monitored?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    Allyson is about 11 years old, so definitely old enough to out to the playground by herself. If only Allyson had asked her mother, she might have said yes, but I can also understand not wanting to ask and assuming what the other person is going to say. It doesn't make the vibe in the house any better though.
    edited October 2020
    Chapter 49: A Tourist Location is up! Max visits Veronica and they have a talk about the mysterious heist.

Expressing-Admiration-for-Great-Steal.png
    Post edited by Duvelina on
    Duvie, I think that your link sends us to the picture, not the chapter.

Chapter 49
    Aww, I like the relationship that Max and Veronica are developing. He seems more genuine with her than with anyone else, including his own family. He keeps helping her out, too. I spy some possible romantic feelings there in the future <3
    Also, did you change Veronica’s hair? She looks gorgeous! Oh wait, it’s down now instead of in a bun, I see :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi Thank you! Edited it immediately. That's what you get for wanting to get a post up in time for discussion week. 😁
    Yes, I did change her hair. She also switches around with glasses and contact lenses. :)
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @Duvelina
    Is Veronica suffering from imposter syndrome in game? It is a weird quirk for the game. I always give my Sims buku bucks to avoid the annoying moodlet when I move them into the nicer neighborhood in Del Sol Valley. However you made it work for the story.

The latest chapter was cute, unexpected. I'm glad Max and V are getting along.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231
    Yes, she is. I could remove the lot trait, but I like that she's embarrassed. It seemed to work with the story this time, but it is quite annoying in how persistent it is.
    @DeafSimmer
    Yes, the one person he seems to care about right now is Veronica. Let's hope that lasts.