Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

COMPLETE GARBAGE. HOW DO I GET A REFUND?

YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
edited August 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I am very tired of all of these technical issues that the tech forum has no answers on. I'm thowing in the towel on this game. I want a refund on all of my packs. How do I get my money back? I wont stop until I do. Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I suggest you contact the support for whichever platform you purchased it on, be it Steam or Origin. I am not too optimistic, but I do not know your situation enough to know if you would qualify for any sort of refund. Good luck.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Let us know how it goes!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited August 2020
    The base game is refundable for 24 hours after you first play, or if you have not yet loaded and played the game you can get a refund up to 14 days later. The packs are non-refundable though unless you bought them bundled with the base game in which case they can be returned together. This is for Origin, I don't know if Steam would have different rules.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    It's like ordering the most expensive meal and eating half then asking for a refund. Anybody knows it "As Is" when buying anything from EA. No testing and lack of customer service.
  • Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    I would be amazed if you got any money back.
    Steam has that 24hr 'don't like, get a refund' if you've played for less than an hour or something, don't know of any other platform.
    Do know they don't like giving money back.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I don't mean to discourage you from trying, but i dont think they would be willing to give you a refund if you had the game for a long time which i think is the case here?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yeah they probably won't give you your money back but you can always leave a bad review and not buy anything sims 4 related again.
    Might not seem very impactful to you but it is if every unsatisfied customer did it, it would make a huge change!
    Post edited by SimmerGeorge on
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    If it's mainly tech issues, have you contacted an Origin tech (if using through Origin) or actual source tech you are using? They could probably help you fix the issue, remotely.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    You’re better off filing a lawsuit than trying to get all of your money back from EA 😂
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited August 2020
    I would be amazed if you got any money back.
    Steam has that 24hr 'don't like, get a refund' if you've played for less than an hour or something, don't know of any other platform.
    Do know they don't like giving money back.

For Steam, I was able to refund something even though I had it beyond the 2-week limit. If you played a game for less than 1hour (or 2 hours? I never refunded a game I didn't like that I played for more than 1 hour), then you can still get a refund for it.

OP, sorry this happened to you! EAs other The Sims games are much better!

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I don't think you'd qualify for a refund of all packs after three years but here's the info on game refunds.

What's refundable?
    You may return eligible EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) and participating third-party titles purchased on Origin for a full refund.

You can make a refund request:

Within 24 hours after you first launch the game.
    Within 14 days from the day you bought it, if you have not launched the game.
    Within 14 days from the release date if you pre-ordered the game, if you haven't launched it yet.
    Whichever comes first.

What if my new game doesn't work?
    If you buy a new EA game within 30 days of its release date and can’t play it due to problems outside of your control — like server issues, bugs, or other technical problems that are on our side — you can request a refund within 72 hours after you first launch the game instead of 24.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/#policy
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    I'm pretty sure each country has different laws and regulations regarding refunds. EA and Valve ARE FORCED to adhere to the laws of the countries they're selling their games in. So depending on where you live, you may be able to get a refund.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yolee wrote: »
    I am very tired of all of these technical issues that the tech forum has no answers on. I'm thowing in the towel on this game. I want a refund on all of my packs. How do I get my money back? I wont stop until I do. Thanks for any info.

I had the problem of the game not being allowed to start at all today, after 6 years and all packs! I found it was the Windows 10's latest update where you have to allow the game, as an app. through. I put the information on the Activity pages if anyone is interested. It's on my page as well but in squashed form!

Did you use the Origin Error reporter which is below Origin on the Program startup panel? It sends the information in and you get options to speak to a tech and a query number. It might be different, of course if you have a Mac.
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    I wish you luck!
    This thread made me think that the refund policies need to be adapted better. If we get patches that are impossible (challenging?) to refuse and delete, but those patches can easily break our games than let there be a new refund period after every patch. :p Just dreams, I know.
  • YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

I had the problem of the game not being allowed to start at all today, after 6 years and all packs! I found it was the Windows 10's latest update where you have to allow the game, as an app. through. I put the information on the Activity pages if anyone is interested. It's on my page as well but in squashed form!

Did you use the Origin Error reporter which is below Origin on the Program startup panel? It sends the information in and you get options to speak to a tech and a query number. It might be different, of course if you have a Mac.

Im looking at the WIN10 app manager and dont see where I can allow the game to come through. Can you link the "Activity" page where you put the info? Thanks.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Why I don't buy any more packs they are all bummers the last one I bought it was on sale and even then it wasn't worth the money.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited August 2020
    Unfortunately, no refunds for anyone. Maxis is really, really bad about leaving bugs in the Sims and having modders fix them -- it's why people can't play Sims 3 without either a few NRaas mods or Awesome. Sims 2 also needs mods to fix completely game breaking bugs. I'm hoping that Sims 4 does manage to clean up bugs a bit better, but I'm not actually sure that they can.
    Post edited by Felicity on
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Im looking at the WIN10 app manager and dont see where I can allow the game to come through. Can you link the "Activity" page where you put the info? Thanks.

Sorry I didn't see your post as I've turned of notifications

If you click on my name on the left of my post, I've left the steps to getting permission on my page. hth.

It might not be that but that was my own problem with not being able to start the game this week. It was the latest update of one or the other of them that did it. Origin or Windows 10.