Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why not mod support for XBOX?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Okay so yous can quit this they said o Twitter that they will hope to bring mods to console soon but micr osoft and Sony have to agree but just be greatful with what we have now the next two packs are gonna be seasons and spooky stuff so just chill out and wait and see no wonder it took them 4 years to see if they were bringing it out for console cause people are never happy with what there is so that should help and can stop moaning now sorry but I'm sick between people asking if and when seasons is coming out and about mods like just be thankful for what you have now
  • Options
    Cj901Cj901 Posts: 6 New Member
    A way to just download custom context or add it to your library would be amazing we need more variety in create a sim mods could come later after they get support for custom context the sims clothes are really lacking
  • Options
    LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    leo3487 wrote: »
    My guess is because the console programming is different from the PC, so mods made for PC would not work for console.
    Plus do you really think that is fair to the people on PS4 for only Xbox have the CC and or mods.

But for xbox yet have officialy the tools for game and users access to the filesystem, without need of hacks, then if unfair, then blame to Sony, no EA
    I find that sad that you condone that Xbox only should have CC and Mods just because Microsoft has the tools to make that happen. I wasn't blaming anyone I just think if we were to have that option they both should get it not just the Xbox One, I have the Xbox One version but alot of people are playing on PS4.

Actually, I do not find it sad being if Sony is given an chance for it's customers to use mods and they opt out regardless of how thier customers feel. If Xbox does have the tools and they wish for thier customers to have them and EA allows it I see no problem with that for they are other programs out there that fall into this and Sony refused but the other company pushed ahead.

I agree! Even still, they should bring Mods and CC to Xbox if anything, then continuously work on trying to get it for PS4. I've said this before, I think it is better to cater to half of the audience at first, then continue to work on the rest.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited March 2019
    This is the thing that everyone thinks different of, me personally think although they are lots of talented creators out there, cc and mods cause nothing but trouble most of the time , I don't think its worth breaking your game and system for. I've played with cc on the sims 3 you always say to yourself that your only going to download a couple of nice things but before you know it ,your game is drowning in cc and mods because you can , then you wonder why your game is broken and have to uninstall and re-install, its no free content if your risking your system either.
  • Options
    I_need_awnsersI_need_awnsers Posts: 2 New Member
    Personally why not have Xbox have mods and cc they support it. It doesn’t make it superior computer have mods and cc why not have xbox have cc and mods. This shouldn’t be a fight between ps4 and Xbox fans but rather shouldn’t we put to use the tools Xbox has? In my mind if CC or Mods can’t be installed take it off them and just use computer because from what I’ve seen because that makes the computer superior.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited August 2020
    Modding on both consoles are possible, but sony impose a great deal of limitation to allow modding the game in their console, such as not being able to use external assets and therefore custom content arent possible on the ps4 version if Maxis somehow enabled modding support for console version in the future.

Currently, No other games support modding in console version except bethesda games (fallout 4 & skyrim se)
    ihavemultiplegamertags