The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    I just recently discovered that kids actually can visit the local Day Spa, and get all the same treatments as older sims (except tattoos). I would never have guessed, not in a million years.

I've been playing TS3 for almost nine years now, and never thought to try sending a kid there, but to my defense I must say I find it a bit strange. I have never seen or heard or read about any child in real life who got pedicure, manicure, steam bath, salt scrub, clay bath, envigorating massage etc.

But in case the sim parents need to get their children out of the way for a while they can send them off to Day Spa in the morning and enjoy a couple of hours of peace and quiet in the home. And when the children come back they have one very positive moodlet for every treatment they got. A Win-Win situation I'd say. :)
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    My sister takes her 6 year old daughter with her to the nail salon and she gets her fingernails and toenails painted too. :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @KevinL5275 - I love sending my Sim kids to the spa with their parents. Also, I let them go into the steam room when they workout at the gym with their folks :).
    kt5gqwhpigncmrf6g.jpg

Here's something I didn't know until recently:
    1- Sims can autonomously talk to trees.
    2- When gardening, a Sim can 'view' their fruit trees and judge them.
    3- After changing a Sim's hairstyle in CAS, if they don't like what you've chosen they will frown in the mirror.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    TeeSea wrote: »
    I don’t know why everybody is hating on IF’s. It’s a built in best friend (most do need a traits makeover) and the parents reactions to seeing their child talking to an imaginary friend are the best! Also imagine growing up with a parent who could turn into a doll! Also Imagine an acrobat in IF form?

I'll tell you why I don't like them. The first time I had one, while my teen sim was reading, the ITF came wanting her to do something. She told it to leave her alone. Then all of a sudden, her action queue was 4 or 5 rows across the top of the screen with the same 3 actions repeated over and over and over. So as soon as the ITF turned back to a doll, I stuck it in inventory and have never played with one again. Those things are demon possessed! (JK)

For me, I turn on testingcheatsenabled on, then simply delete the imaginary friend.:D
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited August 2020
    Have you tried to give a driving lesson to your teen in Isla Paradiso? I think it's a kind of bug but I enjoy this. When I started driving lesson to my teenager, he suddenly takes off to the air while practicing on the road, and across the sea, then arrives at the other island where the free resort is in. But there is no runway, the car goes through other neighborhood homes, or the mountain. It was really funny. I experienced this a couple of times in isla. It never happened in other worlds though.

35.png

Also when my teenager learns driving on magic broomstick, it makes car engine sound while learning. :D

• TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    You can make steamed vegetables with the Steam-It-Up Sauna!
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    Before a long few year hiatus I put in maybe twice as much into playing this game. Only coming back recently did I find you can have more than four saves and an arrow appears to select them lol I dont just live under a rock I am clearly inside one too ha.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Before a long few year hiatus I put in maybe twice as much into playing this game. Only coming back recently did I find you can have more than four saves and an arrow appears to select them lol I dont just live under a rock I am clearly inside one too ha.
    Nah. that scroll arrow is easy to miss if you aren't looking for it. There is a not easy to determine limit on the number of saves that will be presented there but for most players it's more like 35 or 50 rather than 4 and the solution when that happens is to remove the saves you know you aren't going to load up anytime soon and store them someplace else outside of the TS3 user game folder.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    I just found out there's a "read toddler to sleep" interaction, but apparently it's been broken for years.
    This mod fixes it: https://simsarahsarah.tumblr.com/post/186253430136/danjaley-read-toddler-to-sleep-fixed
    @igazor well thanks that makes me feel better though I do wonder where I would be my computer I think is pretty decent can't say I'd need that many saves though maybe ten or fifteen just at random. I haven't reinstalled nrass yet new site looks nice though, okay sorry that's enought thread derailing it's been so long I'm sure there is more I didn't know. :*
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • kendallrankendallran Posts: 125 Member
    Did you know that if you hold down Shift and press A or D after you press Tab, that you can tilt the camera diagonally? To realign the camera just hold Shift and press S.

A8O7ZXO.jpg
    G4leUXt.jpg
    OzAO53t.jpg
    j5NC9nz.jpg
    OLPymla.jpg
    HGTJlWz.jpg
    Fuw55J9.jpg
    7jmKD23.jpg

What world is this? 😍
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    kendallran wrote: »

What world is this? 😍

Looks like Roaring Heights, but I might be wrong about that.
    Here's something I had forgotten about because the first time I saw it (in Sunset Valley), I thought it was a glitch. It wasn't until it happened a couple of times in China did I realize it is a legitimate part of the game.

Sims can come over to your Sim's house or a Sim who you are visiting to use your/their telephone (wall or table).

Also, when arriving to visit a Sim if they are not at home, your Sim can call them on the cell phone to tell them they are outside of their house. The Sim will promptly return home within a few minuets and the visiting can begin.
    edited August 2020
    @igazor well thanks that makes me feel better though I do wonder where I would be my computer I think is pretty decent can't say I'd need that many saves though maybe ten or fifteen just at random.
    It is widely considered a good practice to keep at least four saves at different points in time for long-running games that are important to the player and for whom it would be painful if their one save and the one auto-generated backup were to both fail. That's the idea behind NRaas Saver, but the mod doesn't have to be used to accomplish that. Anyway, it would thus only take around 9 ongoing games to possibly be approaching save overload, fewer if one keeps more than 4 per ongoing game. Then the player starts up another new game just to test something and finds that their new save isn't even appearing on the selection screen.

I usually have no more than around 8-10 saves in the TS3 user game folder myself, even with all the testing I do. The extra saves are important to me, but I don't need to keep tripping over them on the selection screen if I'm only ever going to load them up if/when something goes wrong and eventually many of them will be deleted and replaced by newer ones or backed up to another drive.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    Here's something I had forgotten about because the first time I saw it (in Sunset Valley), I thought it was a glitch. It wasn't until it happened a couple of times in China did I realize it is a legitimate part of the game.

Sims can come over to your Sim's house or a Sim who you are visiting to use your/their telephone (wall or table).

Also, when arriving to visit a Sim if they are not at home, your Sim can call them on the cell phone to tell them they are outside of their house. The Sim will promptly return home within a few minuets and the visiting can begin.

I always wondered why we had telephones in the game when it only seemed like we'd use the cell phone. Thank you for answering my questions there.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    @rubyskywalker - You're welcome :)!

But, I think the real reason for the house phones are so Sims can get those dreaded late night 'death' or 'we're moving' calls; because I've not seen those come through the cell phone.
    edited August 2020
    If you’re a single parent and don’t want to take a taxi you can use buydebug to get a spaceship and travel with your Young Sims.

A married couple with twins can all travel in the same spaceship as well!
    Post edited by TeeSea on
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    The clock in Sunset Valley's City Hall used to work, and if you're into datamining, you can find a ton of different clock faces, including one with numbers. It broke with some patch and never got fixed.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I have got a crazy story with my sims 3 I saw but I do not think is it the right topic to share this.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    Just found this out when My Single Mom Sim who is brave woke up from a burglary in progress. She didn’t have to fight him because Bonehilda will fight a burglar if she is in her awaken state when the burglary occurs so the problem was taken care of by the time she got downstairs!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    TeeSea wrote: »
    Just found this out when My Single Mom Sim who is brave woke up from a burglary in progress. She didn’t have to fight him because Bonehilda will fight a burglar if she is in her awaken state when the burglary occurs so the problem was taken care of by the time she got downstairs!

Yes Boney is the best ahaha !! >:) About her a lot of my sims are afraid of her , some even when they see her coffin they feel fright ahahah.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    I keep forgetting to mention though I'm sure it's on here somewhere I did find another thing I really never knew, when using the create a style I think it's called if you change the colors and decide you want to recolor another object you can drag the square with the color you want to that item. Which pops up another little window so you can decide which slot it goes in.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Speaking of burglars, I didn't know until recently that if you have a mummy in your household, it'll scare away any burglars! That is so cool! I do need to try that one time.
    Here's a good one that I discovered. Sorry if it has already been mentioned. The design of the library in Lucky Palms is also a working sundial clock. It keeps correct time with the in-game clock.
    edited September 2020
    KatNip wrote: »
    The clock in Sunset Valley's City Hall used to work, and if you're into datamining, you can find a ton of different clock faces, including one with numbers. It broke with some patch and never got fixed.
    What EA should have done was have it get struck by lightning and get stuck on 10:04 in preparation for the release of ITF and as a nod to the Back to the Future movie trilogy. But I think this happened way before ITF and even before Seasons and lightning.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top