Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I prevent the game from using random sims from the Library as NPC?

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
You know, the game automatically save a version of the household you create in CAS. And, I also stored a copy of most of my played households there, saving them once per generation. It comes in handy if I want to create "an old family painting.

But lately I got aware that my game is randomly(?) picking NPCs from that library. When visiting a community lot, my sim might find a copy of himself in the bar. And other household members might be among the guests, too. Last night my Duke Aquess de Cavalier visited Hotel Roadstead, just to find that a younger copy of his "Duchess Claudine de Cavalier" worked there as a NPC Waiter! Quite disturbing! Some sims even ran into their dead mother...

Is there away to stop the game from picking NPC sims from the gallery? All sims saved there are created by me, and I don't want them to appear in game! Or can we brand a few library households for the game to "please, pick one of these!"?

I think this started with one of the recent patches, as I don't think it was a big problem in the past.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I don't think it's a feature in the game, it's probably because of MCCC
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    Amandèle wrote: »
    I don't think it's a feature in the game, it's probably because of MCCC

I don't have MCCC, never had that mod.

I just got aware of it, so I'll keep my eyes open and see if I find any pattern. So far it seems like the game will randomly use the latest saved household from my library. If that's true, I can solve it by creating a unique household for that use.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I think it's a bug (another one!) because I've seen other people mentioning the same sort of thing on other threads.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    People have actually asked for this as a feature, so maybe it’s being tested.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yeah, I update my sims every so often to the gallery too, I would not like to see their doubles there either.
    Rouensims wrote: »
    People have actually asked for this as a feature, so maybe it’s being tested.

I really hope not... Looks like I will need to delete all my backup'ed households then.

Hm... I just checked a little. The game does not only use the latest saved library household. I checked "Other households" in the hood view (manage households). The game has created only 3 new households based on families I saved to my library recently.

Now I wonder if deleting them in manage households will also delete them from library? I guess I have to try to find out, a bit risky as I think the library is global (not per saved game) and changes can't be undone. I really wish we could brand what households we want the game to use as NPCs.
    Just deleted the 3 new non played households from "manage households" and the households were not deleted from the library. Phew! So, for the future I will simply just keep an eye on the "other households" and delete any new.

PS: Creating a few households for library for the game to pick might be fun, so I'll try that, too :)
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    It's happened to me 4-5 times in the last few years. Mine looked very similar, but not identical. Long lost twin? Cosplay Stan? It's creepy. I don't use MCCC so it must be a bug.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    When you create a household and click play they get automatically added in other households. If you don't want them to be added, you could save them to your library from CAS and then exit create a sim without clicking that big checkmark button.
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Does the game use any Sims from "other households" as NPCs?

What about pre-mades that already have jobs etc.

What are those weirdly dressed "other households" for then?
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Does the game use any Sims from "other households" as NPCs?

What about pre-mades that already have jobs etc.

What are those weirdly dressed "other households" for then?

Good questions! I think I notice a few "OH" sims round and about, but I more often see sims from played households. The OH bin is very crowded, I think a few new households are added with every new feature. Such as Masseurs, Bartenders and Lifeguards. Each pack has a new set of community lot jobs to tend, and (probably because it looks better when they are designed separately) I don't think the game would ever use random OH sims for those jobs (like using a Bartender as a Masseur).