Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not getting the Lustrous Entertainer Legacy Statue

LashinLashin Posts: 74 Member
So, I’ve heard the Laser Rhythm-a-Con can be buggy in the present in regards to Sims watching you play.

And I’ve personally ensorcelled 10 Sims as a Genie - I have not had anyone listen before level 10, at which point I went outside and started - and made them watch me play, only releasing them of ensorcellment once they had done so.

However, I haven’t gotten the Legacy Statue as of yet. I’ve even noted down the names of everyone who’s watched me play. In case tourists - I have World Adventures - don’t count, I added two more to the count to bring in a total of 12 Sims I’ve ensorcelled into watching me play.

I don’t have any mods or CC, I have Master Suite, and all EPs except for Pets.

Do they all need to be listening at once to count towards the statue?

Thank you in advance :)

P.S. Is this an issue from the Seasons EP and the festival grounds?

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I had one of my sims play in the present too. I also wrote down the names to make sure I had enough first timers, but that didn't work. I finally used NRaas Master Controller to invite enough sims to the park where she was playing so there would be enough there watching all at the same time. But it still didn't work.
  • LashinLashin Posts: 74 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I had one of my sims play in the present too. I also wrote down the names to make sure I had enough first timers, but that didn't work. I finally used NRaas Master Controller to invite enough sims to the park where she was playing so there would be enough there watching all at the same time. But it still didn't work.
    Oh man, I wrote down everyone’s names as well.

Do you have Seasons as well, by any chance?
    Lashin wrote: »
    Oh man, I wrote down everyone’s names as well.

Do you have Seasons as well, by any chance?

Yes I do. But she wasn't playing on the festival lot. It was in Appaloosa Plains, and she was at one of the parks in town.
  • LashinLashin Posts: 74 Member
    @IreneSwift That was me as well, for the final 10 Sims, and after the first three Sims, the next ten weren't on the festival grounds.

It's... broken, strangely enough. Does this statue gain normally without Seasons, though?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I know that several of the IP badges/achievements don't trigger if there is more than one sim in the household. I proved this for myself in two of my video series.

1. The Isla Paradiso Bunch with multiple sims in the household and they completed all of the requirements for the questionable badges and none were triggered.
    2. I started a new video series 'Caroline and Friends' in which Caroline lived alone and completed all of the requirements for the same group of badges and all were triggered.

It seems when a sim in a household completes some of the requirements for these badges any random sim in the household is credited with whatever what just done. So it can be theoretically possible to get the badges with a multi sim household because it is theoretically possible for the same sim to be randomly credited with the progress, it is more likely that it will be different sims credited with the progress made by the one sim doing all the work. When only one sim is in the household, then only that sim will get all the credit for sure. Hence the badges do trigger for a single sim household.

Has anyone tried completing this Laser Rhythm-a-Con reward in a household with only one sim?

@Karritz Pets don't count in that situation, do they? I was thinking, after reading your comment, that I'll try it next time I start with a single sim, but the single sim I'm planning to play next is going to have horses at the start.
    @Karritz Pets don't count in that situation, do they? I was thinking, after reading your comment, that I'll try it next time I start with a single sim, but the single sim I'm planning to play next is going to have horses at the start.

I don't know if pets would count but I wouldn't expect them to count.

I've never done much with the Laser Rhythm-a-Con so haven't paid any attention to that statue so far.
    I just remembered that when I first had my sim playing in the present, nobody would watch her, even if there were sims on the lot. So I asked about it and was told that the fun setting for watching was erroneously set at 0 by the developers. I looked up the settings with NRaas Retuner, and found that the present-day instruments were all set at 25, except for the violin, which is set at 80. Since the laster harp should attract more viewers by virtue of the fact that it would be a novelty nobody had seen before, I set the fun for watching at 80. So when I used MC to invite about 30 sims to the park where my sim was playing, most of them were watching her. But it still didn't get her the statue.
    edited August 2020
    I just looked it up in Carls guide. Searched on 'LUSTROUS ENTERTAINER LEGACY STATUE'

The guide explains all of the statues that come with Into The Future.

Apparently they are kept in the park near city hall in the future world. Or that is how it reads to me.

The Sim needs to be level 10 on the laser Rhythm Rhythm-a-Con. None of the sims who previously watched the sim gain skill count as part of the 10 sims who need to watch once they get to level 10. So once you hit level 10 skill in the instrument, 10 different sims who haven't watched the sim play before they got to level 10 must watch them play after they hit level 10.
    @Karritz Yes, you are correct, and I was aware of the conditions before I tried for legacy statues. But other of my sims have earned other legacy statues, and Emit Relevart always shows up to congratulate them. So you don't have to go to the future to find out if you earned it, you know right away. My sim who tried for the entertainer statue has level 10 skill, but it still didn't work. I think it's broken. There are lots of broken things in Sims 3, and many of them can be fixed with mods. I don't know if any modder has fixed that one. I've also discovered several skill challenges that are broken, also with no fix that I know of. Some of them have been discussed here in the past, with no one offering any solution. With some things we may need to just give up on and move on.
    @IreneSwift it is frustrating. When I set up my nhew comouter backnnin 2017 i installed everything in release order up to seasons and patched to 1.55 just so I could get the broken seasons badges. It didnt take long to get them and then I installed the rest os Sims 3 and patched to 1.67. I wouldnt have uninstalled anything to go back to that point though just to complete some badges.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    With some things we may need to just give up on and move on.
    I would like to make this my tag line, both here and professionally, if I have your permission to use it. I guess there's a possibility it might by some be taken out of context, though... :/

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited August 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    With some things we may need to just give up on and move on.
    I would like to make this my tag line, both here and professionally, if I have your permission to use it. I guess there's a possibility it might by some be taken out of context, though... :/

You could probably get away with it here, but I'm not sure it would go over well at work. But if you want to use it, be my guest. I wish I had adopted that long ago, before I pushed myself into burning out a second time because I refused to give up on something that just was not going to work no matter what.