Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winter-themed EP - CONFIRMED

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited August 2020
    Didn't the Guru (Connor?) comment the sledge bubble in a rather "wonder if they see this bubble..." way? I got the impression that he indirectly hinted that something interesting was showing. Can't remember what play-through it was, as I have not watched the major one from NK. Maybe it was a short one on twitter about the rocking chair?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't think it'll be the next game pack but I'm hoping it'll be released as a gp this winter
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    If I were taking SimGuruNinja's home life aquarium pictures as hints we would be having an underwater planet with submarines and neon fish etc! But it can't be that because of the mountains on the icon! How cruel can a Guru be? :#

That Freezer bunny/Llama tip thingie was about the Sims Spark'd trophy by the way!

Well it actually can be... there are rocks way bigger than mountains in the bottom of the ocean...
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I hope if it is a winter world, it is more of a sparse mountain town with more trees and hills than buildings. Basically I would like a Glimmerbrook world the size of Windenburg covered in snow.
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    I miss winter so much irl right now! 😅 Can’t wait to have an Alpine EP or GP to focus on hot days like these...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I think it will be an EP for the end of this year or next year.

I'm hoping this year.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

I'm hoping this year.

Yep! I hope that we'll be getting another EP before end of this year. My guess is, it's probably comes with a world where you can live in as well as for a vacation.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

I'm hoping this year.

Yep! I hope that we'll be getting another EP before end of this year. My guess is, it's probably comes with a world where you can live in as well as for a vacation.

It would be great if we were finally able to vacation in residential worlds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    I’d love to finally buy a vacation-home for my sims - and why not rent it out when they’re not using it? ^^
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I’d love to finally buy a vacation-home for my sims - and why not rent it out when they’re not using it? ^^

Sounds cool! If i remembered correctly, in one of the surveys, they asked about the 2nd home option too.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2020
    I hope they can rework destination worlds with the pre patch for the rumored destination winter world pack, maybe they can make vacation homes a lot type allowing us to have way more freedom with the worlds and being able to use them all instead of having a handful of destination worlds we rarely visit.

Yes, it would be even cooler to be able to live in Granite Falls or in the Jungle and not only visit those for vacation or with Mods decide for one side (residential OR living), but do both, live and vacation in them!
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    I think the fall EP will be (Winter) Resort. I think it just makes sense with the rest of this years' DLC. We got a socially conscious pack, we got a small hobby-related pack and a genre-pack (just assuming the GP is about space exploration). It would be smart to save a wholesome, universal pack for the holiday season. It could be too reminiscent of Seasons and Outdoor Retreat though... So I hope they'd avoid that by focussing more on the Resort and the sports aspects.

I hope they make a Swiss or France inspired residential mountain world. With Seasons installed you could have special holiday ceremonies (fireworks show for Winter Fest and NYE). And of course you could rent some equipment and go snowboarding or skiing. And the ability to have a vacation home that @AlpineCuriosity mentioned sounds good too. The main feature of the pack could be the introduction of hotels.
    xamira99 wrote: »

Sounds cool! If i remembered correctly, in one of the surveys, they asked about the 2nd home option too.

Yes I remember. I gave that option a 10 highest.
    I think the fall EP will be (Winter) Resort. I think it just makes sense with the rest of this years' DLC. We got a socially conscious pack, we got a small hobby-related pack and a genre-pack (just assuming the GP is about space exploration). It would be smart to save a wholesome, universal pack for the holiday season. It could be too reminiscent of Seasons and Outdoor Retreat though... So I hope they'd avoid that by focussing more on the Resort and the sports aspects.

I hope they make a Swiss or France inspired residential mountain world. With Seasons installed you could have special holiday ceremonies (fireworks show for Winter Fest and NYE). And of course you could rent some equipment and go snowboarding or skiing. And the ability to have a vacation home that @AlpineCuriosity mentioned sounds good too. The main feature of the pack could be the introduction of hotels.

As long as they have a lot of new snow activities.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    I was just thinking about the Winter theme, and I think they could do it in different way then we're expecting. Maybe the overarching theme will be the resort/accommodation aspect and not only the Winter/snow aspect. Maybe the title would be something like: 'The Sims 4: Hotels & Resorts'. It'd be a good way to really separate the pack from Seasons and make it it's own thing while also including snow gameplay. The world could be French inspired - one 'neighborhood' could be a charming Alp village (see picture for Annecy and Chamonix) with two small hotels/bed and breakfasts and a town square/some streets. The second 'neighborhood' would be a lush hillside region with cabins and lodges that you can rent. And ofcourse, the third and last neighborhood would be a full fledged ski resort in the corner of the map; the mountains. There'd be permanent snow there and all kinds of winter sports activities for your Sims to participate in.

For the players that don't own Seasons, the town and hillside would be in a permanent state of summer. The Winter Sports region would stay snowy year-round, like most real life mountain regions do. And for players with seasons installed, the entire world (incl. village) would have increased snowfall and blizzards in Winter, etc.

Also, the pack cover wouldn't just look like a seasons add-on with Wintery characters; there could be a receptionist or a bellhop too, because of the posh hotels in the village.

yr5Hpgv.png?1

Cy6wRpI.png

nNAETI9.png?1
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would so like a Swiss Winter Resort EP with all new romantic interactions.😘
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    At this rate, the only winter-themed pack we're getting is one centered around Disney's Frozen.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Ooo, did you say Disney, Flikka_Flikka.

Ok I want:
    Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, Mulan & Brave
    PLEASE
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I was thinking it might be the next ep, but i am not sure anymore. These types of vacation packs seem to be done as gp.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Ooo, did you say Disney, Flikka_Flikka.

Ok I want:
    Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, Mulan & Brave
    PLEASE

I would love an Alladin inspired pack. :) Don't care much for the others.
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Personally I'm hoping for:
      - Snowboarding
      - Skiing
      - Different ski slope difficulty (green, blue, black etc)
      - Ski lifts
      - Winter Vacation Homes
      - Ice Hockey
      - Snowmobiles
      - Alpine Rescue Helicopters
      - Search & Rescue Teams
      - Avalanche Rescue Dogs
      - Sledding
      - Winter Hiking Trails

Did I forget something?
      Z5yqGx5.png
    1. NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
        - Snowboarding
        - Skiing
        - Ski lifts
        - Winter Vacation Homes
        - Ice Hockey
        - Snowmobiles
        - Search & Rescue Teams
        - Avalanche Rescue Dogs
        - Sledding
        - Winter Hiking Trails

Did I forget something?

Maybe something like ice fishing. Lots of new warm clothes.
      1. AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
          - Snowboarding
          - Skiing
          - Ski lifts
          - Winter Vacation Homes
          - Ice Hockey
          - Snowmobiles
          - Search & Rescue Teams
          - Avalanche Rescue Dogs
          - Sledding
          - Winter Hiking Trails

Did I forget something?

...and Figure skating! 😃