Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids deserve a pack

Comments

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have another idea!
    Island 🏝️ Living was supposed to be the mermaid pack. They added all that, houseboats, shark interactions, underwater world, large sim world, and making and running your own hotels in the Sims3 Island Paradise. I think it's crazy to pay for what should have been there already. I think they should be added as an additional patch in addition to what we usually get for free. Only way I would be down for that is Simlantis EP. A mermaid sim world underwater with lots to do and loads of stuff to make up for what we didn't get. Including hotels that are incredible.
  • Options
    NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    I have another idea!
    Add all of that stuff in an update for Island Living! We can't have another expansion for an expansion, cause we KNOW how well that turned out... *cough, cough* My First Pet Stuff *cough*
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Yes !
    NiaraTiara wrote: »
    Add all of that stuff in an update for Island Living! We can't have another expansion for an expansion, cause we KNOW how well that turned out... *cough, cough* My First Pet Stuff *cough*

Yes I mean I don't think we should pay for expansions to expansions lol. FREE UPDATES to existing DLC gameplay features tho. I mean they have done that in the past 😋
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    No !
    No, just because this should be already in Island Living.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Yes !
    Remember when the ask as with a vote of which pack should recieve additional development time? I wish Island Living won that Vote.
  • Options
    mogshazmogshaz Posts: 24 Member
    No !
    No, please stop telling EA that its okay to resell/give away things we have already paid for.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes !
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Remember when the ask as with a vote of which pack should recieve additional development time? I wish Island Living won that Vote.
    We don’t know that do we? I don’t think I’ve seen them reveal the votes from that survey
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Yes !
    mogshaz wrote: »
    No, please stop telling EA that its okay to resell/give away things we have already paid for.

As long as the new dlc doesn’t require any of the previous packs why not? Nothing wrong with expanding the game & previous packs if there are people who are willing to pay for it & it’s worth it. Also why does everyone think they should give us this or that for free? The creators who make the sims content have to get paid for it no?
  • Options
    No !
    > @Justin said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > As long as the new dlc doesn’t require any of the previous packs why not? Nothing wrong with expanding the game & previous packs if there are people who are willing to pay for it & it’s worth it. Also why does everyone think they should give us this or that for free? The creators who make the sims content have to get paid for it no?

It normalizes the practice of selling iterations of the same content which is pretty close to monetizing patches. This game's fan base already pays a lot for Dlc and EA isn't going bankrupt anytime soon.

I completely agree they deserve to be paid for their effort...and that is what happened when we bought Island Living.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have another idea!
    It just depends on what they would put in the pack, honestly. If it's something "game-changing" then absolutely not. That should have been included with the original pack. I will not be paying more $$ for it.
    If it's a stuff-pack - maybe. I get my mermaid accessories through mods and I'm already very pleased and content with what's out there. If they did release a pack, it would have to include things that would really impress me.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Yes !
    > @Justin said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > As long as the new dlc doesn’t require any of the previous packs why not? Nothing wrong with expanding the game & previous packs if there are people who are willing to pay for it & it’s worth it. Also why does everyone think they should give us this or that for free? The creators who make the sims content have to get paid for it no?

It normalizes the practice of selling iterations of the same content which is pretty close to monetizing patches. This game's fan base already pays a lot for Dlc and EA isn't going bankrupt anytime soon.

I completely agree they deserve to be paid for their effort...and that is what happened when we bought Island Living.

Dlc is optional not required. No one makes you buy them. But for those who would buy them then why shouldn’t we be able to have them? There’s obviously a market for them. A lot of mmos & games do dlc anyhow.
  • Options
    Yes !
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    It just depends on what they would put in the pack, honestly. If it's something "game-changing" then absolutely not. That should have been included with the original pack. I will not be paying more $$ for it.
    If it's a stuff-pack - maybe. I get my mermaid accessories through mods and I'm already very pleased and content with what's out there. If they did release a pack, it would have to include things that would really impress me.

I wouldn’t mind having just a mermaid & island living stuff pack (off the grid stuff & maybe a new collection) but as for a dlc for “diving” would be shady & should be added in a different type of pack
  • Options
    No !
    > @Justin said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Dlc is optional not required. No one makes you buy them. But for those who would buy them then why shouldn’t we be able to have them? There’s obviously a market for them. A lot of mmos & games do dlc anyhow.

Of course no one makes anyone buy DLC. I didn't even imply they did, But if EA can release a game with as little content as The Sim 4 launched with and continually release the same DLC claiming each time they did it correctly, that doesn't give them much incentive to either release an adequate game or DLC that is worth anyone's money.

I understand wanting the occults to be good. I wish the Aliens, Ghosts, and Mermaids didn't suck. I just know that handing more money to EA to fix problems they are responsible for doesn't work.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Yes !
    > @Justin said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Dlc is optional not required. No one makes you buy them. But for those who would buy them then why shouldn’t we be able to have them? There’s obviously a market for them. A lot of mmos & games do dlc anyhow.

Of course no one makes anyone buy DLC. I didn't even imply they did, But if EA can release a game with as little content as The Sim 4 launched with and continually release the same DLC claiming each time they did it correctly, that doesn't give them much incentive to either release an adequate game or DLC that is worth anyone's money.

I understand wanting the occults to be good. I wish the Aliens, Ghosts, and Mermaids didn't suck. I just know that handing more money to EA to fix problems they are responsible for doesn't work.

That’s been the problem since the sims 4 was released. We have been given half baked content since the start. There’s a lot of potential the sims 4 has that isn’t even being used. My first pet stuff was such a shady scam that shouldn’t have happened because it added things that should of been in the pets expansion In the first place but it just contained reskins (which was a lazy way to go) . If they’re going to dlc for dlc they should do it right & make it fair.

No I agree with you on that. Like if the new game pack is space I would hope aliens get a good overhaul but also doesn’t leave out people who bout get to work who may not even be interested in the new pack (maybe given them some free overhaul Like if they add more “powers” to them ) only thing that would be locked is the cas items which would be fair in my opinion .
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I have another idea!
    I would rather have werewolves first tbh
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    No !
    Any content that we've already paid for and have in game should never be released again just to improve it. They should improve and make fixes for what we have simply because it's something fans want expanded upon.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    No !
    When a pack is incomplete, they should patch in the rest of it, rather than making a pack and trying to sell us on dlc for our dlc.

I'll pass on My First Mermaid Stuff.

> . <
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    No !
    All I can think of is this being another "pets stuff" pack. Hopefully EA learned their lesson and any "add ons" are included in another planned pack or given for free.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I have another idea!
    I would like a pack that extends and improves on the gameplay of all occults.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I have another idea!
    Merfolk deserve a REWORK, not a pack. Sulani for all its relative simplicity is very good looking world and is very good addition to the game. Merfolk are basically an afterthought and a missed opportunity.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I have another idea!
    What I think: they should be updated in a new game patch. I know they can't add a whole tier system like the other occults (excluding aliens, which reminds me, aliens deserve better!!) but they could add an updates to mermaids where maybe they just get some more interactions with the water and can get more use out of their siren calls. I'm not sure if some people dislike it, but I enjoy using the siren magic, specially to manipulate the weather to my liking. It'd be nice if they could make mermaids seem more mystical.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No !
    I say no we already paid for them some how mermaids became a part of living on a Island but I do think Island Living like many other failed attempts at packs should get an update with actually something to do.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    In the 6 years the Sims 4 has been around has there ever been a life state that was changed or expanded in a major way? Ghosts, aliens, vampires, spellcasters, servos? Even MFP didn't change the pets, it just provided objects and costumes.

It seems the biggest changes so far came from Parenthood, but those happened to all sims in each age group, not just ghosts or vampires. Not sure if EA is interested in revisiting and updating one occult over another.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Merfolk aren’t common in video games. Male representation and use gender correct terminology even less so. And before someone jumps on me, I respect those who prefer the non-binary pronouns by using those pronouns in reference to them. It does matter to me that male gender terms are used in reference to me because that’s my preference. Mermaid is not an appropriate gender-neutral term when merfolk or merperson are actual gender neutral terms that exist. And technically, Sirens are half-bird women in mythology while merfolk include mermen, mermaids, and merpeople that are half-human half fish. This should clarify the misused terms in the game in the most effective way possible. I can share a picture of the game seemingly being incapable of consistency with terms by switching back and forth between male and female pronouns with a merman sim. Gender customization is a feature and more it shouldn’t be this random.

As for gameplay, the dried scales moodlet still gets stuck until I travel to a different lot, enter CAS, or trigger the moodlet a second time. A patch should be included to fix this, and I think they could make the most of it by patching in improvements to merfolk.

Right now, Merfolk have a large number of abilities. They can call:
    Rainstorms
    Thunderstorms
    Clear Skies

This ability comes with the Season’s Expansion pack, and it also no implies that they can add to merfolk when a pack adds new features. Weather in relation to seasons isn’t a thing until seasons is installed.

Siren’s Lullaby
    Aegean’s Question: Tense Moodlet
    Charmer’s Lullaby: Flirty Moodlet
    Inspiring Berceuse: Inspired Moodlet
    Night’s Requiem: Sad Moodlet

Aquatic Lure: Improves the quality of caught fish

Summon Ocean Threat: Makes a sim afraid of the ocean, triggers a tense moodlet, and depleted energy risking drowning by energy failure.

Siren’s Call: Depletes all of another sim’s motives/ needs to fill all of a mer’s needs.

Can call a unique Azure Dolphin companion
    Can sunbathe in the ocean
    Can sleep in the ocean

Mermaid’s Kiss lets a sim spend more time underwater without drowning.

Merfolk can talk to fish.

Things that can be added:

Call Snow Storm, Blizzards, and Windy Weather.

Siren Songs that cause other moodlets like Bored, Focused, Confident, Happy, Energetic, and Playful.

A new pack could create a vacation destination similar to Granite Falls and Selvadorada. This destination could feature an island resort related to Sulani as well as a substantial underwater reef and other diving attractions like a shipwreck and underwater cave.

Also, the Hidden Trait that can only be inherited by the children of Island Elementals could have added abilities related to Wind and Water.

Right now, Sulani Mana gives sims the ability to Summon Lava Bombs that can start fires or give plants the Gift of Sulani that enhances the quality of plants by one level.

I like how these occult’s have abilities with cool downs and depletes a need to use different abilities. I just want to do more with my MerSims.