Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tales of Camelot - 3.65: What you Truly Wish - Updated 21/02/2024

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Y'all have @ThePlumbob to thank for this one.
    Jtoxe0M.jpg

J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Woops, I totally missed this comment before.
    I'm not sure why but I can't seem to comment on the blog. It says I'm logged out and when I try to log in, it doesn't work.
    No Gawain... you stand tall. You are still important and have value. Lionel was incredibly mean. It was unnecessary, but realistic. Oh I guess I asked for it. :disappointed:

Also a bearded Morgana! Haha! I did not expect that! Poor girl! :grimace:
    Hey, you did ask for it :sweat_smile: twice even, I believe! Even Gawain felt the cosmic bad vibes headed his way, and he's a bunch of pixels.
    Skeilah wrote: »
    Oh no, but now Morgana will have short hair when she returns normal... If she returns normal. I dont know if I can handle this.
    Who knows? She might turn into a bat next. Or a koi carp. I did just download koi carp cc. And squirrels. And weird portal things. We'll see what happens. :mrgreen:

What xDDD
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    Oh no, but now Morgana will have short hair when she returns normal... If she returns normal. I dont know if I can handle this.
    Who knows? She might turn into a bat next. Or a koi carp. I did just download koi carp cc. And squirrels. And weird portal things. We'll see what happens. :mrgreen:

What xDDD

Animated squirrels! :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Jtoxe0M.jpg

A new chapter, yay!

So this is a new regular schedule, right? 😇

Or will I have to bribe you every time?
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Jtoxe0M.jpg

A new chapter, yay!

So this is a new regular schedule, right? 😇

Or will I have to bribe you every time?

Haha, you can always try. I'm very partial to Dandy's pancakes. :#
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hi, guys! I hope everyone's having a good week so far. Here they've gotten stricter on the whole COVID-situation, and we're once again restricted to a maximum number of people we can be with at any given time.
    I know it's summer vacation in a lot of places, and the good weather calls very loudly, but please be careful and take care of yourself. <3

XOfLF2C.jpg

J6AKQqX.jpg
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited August 2020
    :flushed: Wow!!!!

Yimi!! I demand answers! :lol:
    Ok for Sidhe to come and claim the faerie child back, they must have their life be threatened. So Morgana must be in life threatening danger for the Sidhe to come and swap her with the real ‘princess’.

But why would they do that? If they love their child enough to worry about their safety, why swap in the first place and only come back to claim them when they're threatened?

Sidhe are enamored by the beautiful human child, thus swapping them with the faerie child. But the faerie child can take the form of the human child so they’re in a sense beautiful too! (Ofc with vanity put on a pedestal like that, I can understand if Sidhe simply wanted true beauty and still think the faerie child lesser, do correct me if I’m wrong. Or don’t if it spoils the story!)

This makes me wonder if the faerie child even belongs to Sidhe because if they love their child so much why would they swap them? (Do they live in horrible conditions so they’re swapping the kid for the kid’s betterment?) Second, what is Morgana’s real face?!!! And third, does Merlin somehow know all of this!???

And what has happened to the real princess!???

And noo I don’t want to see Morgana’s life threatened. :bawling: I suppose it can’t be helped. I want to see her real mother. But there’s still the fact that Morgana found a passage about Sidhe and simply jumped to conclusions! She can’t have read every single thing in the library. Maybe this is a HUGE distraction to what Morgana really is and I’m simply typing all this for nothing. YES. That must be it!

I wonder what are Sidhes. Are they changelings? Why do they possess changeling babies? If changelings are offsprings of Sidhe, I’m somehow digging Morgana looking one with nature like that.

Wew. My treeling comment somehow touched on your story. Im psychic.
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    I'm just repeating myself because I can see that my post on your blog needs to be approved. Moreover, the first paragraph is some translation nonsense.
    I'm almost speechless. I do not know anything about Irish mythology and I can understand that it is there that you find your inspiration, but your images are so strong that you can not avoid being influenced.
    I do not have much to say about your main characters right now. I just need to find words.

NB: Seeing how Morgana brought Agravaine to silence again was really fun and made me laugh. It was good because otherwise I would have probably forgotten to breathe :lol:
    Poor Morgana - it's already disturbing enough to see yourself as a bloke version of you, but morphing into the spitting image of your deceased mother must be an incredibly eerie experience. I know we saw her physically drained and possibly worse at the end there, but what I fear for the most is her mind. There's only so much one person can take, and she already has so much weight on her shoulders, without her recent traumatic experience, and now questioning her very identity.

Seeing her zap Agravaine so easily, without even focusing much attention on him is such a display of how exponentially stronger her powers are becoming day by day, even minute by minute. I guess her focus will need to be on containing them now more than ever - if she recovers from all this, that is. I don't envy her!
    @mercuryfoam
    I’m going into real-life lore here, and some of it is different from how I described it in the story. At the risk of boring people - in some versions of mythology, the reasons for fae leaving their children with humans are usually one of the following: fae children need to drink from a human mother to survive, it is seen as high luxury to be raised by a human family, or the child is actually unwanted/ugly and they want to swap it for a “pretty” human one. In some versions, the changeling isn’t even a child, but an elderly fae sent over to die. I’m not telling which one it is in Camelot, of course. It could be any one of them. Or all. Or none.

Why they take the human children differs per version, too. But it goes from very benign to very, very sinister. My favourite is the version where they take the children of abusive families, saving them from their parents and raising them happily and away from hardship.

You’re right – one must always be sceptical about information you find in a book. Especially considering where she got it from. :#

Now I want to make a picture of Morgana looking like that. I don’t think it’s safe for this site, though. The fae lady was wearing nothing but leaves. :sweat_smile:

@MonaSolstraale
    Thank you for commenting here, too! I approved your blog comment, so you should have no issues posting there from now on. :blush:

@ThePlumbob
    She definitely wasn’t thinking clearly from stress anymore at the end – and that was before morphing into a lookalike of her dead mother. Even the strongest people have their limits. I wouldn’t be able to handle it. :sweat_smile: Then again, I’m not raised in a castle full of intrigue, so that’s not saying too much xD can’t dance if my life depended on it, either, haha.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I've heard the changeling version of an old fae being swapped for a human child to be pampered in their old age, but I don't think this is the version you are using, just my guess. :)

Anyway, I loved all the lore. I can't wait to learn more in future chapters. And I hope Morgana is okay, she's been through a really tough time. First getting turned into a guy, finding out she might be a changeling, and then turning into her dead mother. On top of that, being estranged from her father because of the May Day incident. She's kind of alone, and I think she needs someone that understands what she's going through. Maybe Merlin will show up and offer her guidance.
    @lone_cat
    Hehe, you’re right – it isn’t, otherwise kid-Morgana would have been very weird. Unless she wasn’t aware of secretly being very old and not human… but that might be stretching suspension of belief a little bit. xD
    Great! I liked putting it in there, so I’m going to do that more often from now on. And you’re spot-on about the thing she’s had to go through so far. It’s really unfortunate that Merlin is no longer around. x.x

@DeafSimmer
    Thank you! And yup, she did. First into male her, then into her mother, and then into herself again – which was one form too many for her body to keep up with.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    edited August 2020
    I love reading your stories... honestly I would spend all day doing it. Did you build all the buildings yourself? Because they're really awesome. The Sims are all beautiful, the pictures I could gaze at all day, and the writing is descriptive and makes me want more. This makes my day. And oh my goodness how do you find and deal with all the CC? I cannot do it. xD
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
    @SimmerOfAges Oh hi there! :mrgreen: Thank you so much for reading! I'm glad you're having fun with Camelot so far. It's planned to be a bit of a ride, so strap in!
    I built some of them, but not the big ones. I'm terrible at building, so at the beginning of the story I borrowed the town from CyberdollYT and the main castle from Anchesenamon, then changed the interior and surroundings to what I liked. The lots are available on the exchange, too! :smiley:
    The sims themselves are mine, though. I think I'll put them all on the exchange once they've turned into young adults. With copious amounts of CC. :sweat_smile:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    Two amazing sims "architects" <3
    I have been following Anchesenamon for a very long time. I love her very imaginative buildings and fun character gallery.
    I need to give Cyberdoll a little more attention. She deserves it
    Guys, they're moving me to the downstairs office because of the whole COVID thing and I get to sit next to my office buddy for three weeks and talk about games and weird stuff all day long! I'm super happy. Here's an early chapter from me because I'm in a great mood. :mrgreen:

niCLH64.jpg
    Oeh, this makes for 19 chapters. Once I reach 20 I'll hold a little celebration. Maybe put them all in party clothes. Or put them all in a modern setting and let all hell break loose. I don't know yet. Any suggestions? :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited August 2020
    Just finished Origin pt 3.
    I totally predicted Uther stealing Igraine from Gorlois! What I did not predict was Morgana as a changeling child. I'm not sure I buy it. I'm convinced her mother had magic abilities... whether witch or fae or maybe she was the real changeling.

I also held the theory that Morgana is only Arthur's half sister and it was her father who was magical. But if not Gorlois, then who? Or maybe... cruel thought... Gorlois came back for Igraine forcefully and Morgana is his child. But something prevented him from kidnapping his wife and taking her back with him. So she had to stay and convince Uther that Morgana is his. But that doesn't rule out Igraine's magic abilities or imply Gorlois has them. In fact an 18 year war pretty much precludes that Gorlois isn't magical.

Ooo... I just had a thought. What if the first kidnapper came to bring changling Morgana back and switch her with the real (non magical) baby? 😯 We still haven't figured out who tried to take Morgana as a child...or who ordered it. And if the person at the castle really was an assassin or if they were meant to be a distraction to take Morgana. And Gawain unwittingly prevented him twice.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Chapter 2.7
    Gosh Yimi, quit it, your story can't get any more visually stunning at this point, it defies all those laws of nature! Imcould just stare at those pictures forever <3

So, is Morgana's glow related to how in tune with nature the spell is? Is green for the natural spells? She was green when she healed Arthur, and healing seems like it would be very natural... Though she was green when she put Agravaine to sleep... but then, sleep is natural too, I guess. Would probably be a whole other colour (blue, I think?) had it been something worse. Maybe that's how I could have known she hadn't killed him when I assumed rhe worst in that chapter, from the colour. Hm...
    edited August 2020
    @DeafSimmer
    She is! You might be seeing more of her in the future.

@AdamsEve1231
    Oh yeah, you were one of the first people to suggest that. Seems like your instincts were right that time! :mrgreen:

Nggh… Must… contain… spoilery rant... I want to comment on this so bad, but I can’t, because of spoilers! xD

That’s a very interesting thought. Who knows – Perhaps the kidnapping wasn’t intended to be a kidnapping, but another swap. I can’t confirm or deny that though. Oh gods this whole response is just me saying I can’t say anything because of spoilers. I’m so sorry. :sweat_smile:

@ThePlumbob
    Aw, thank you <3 I tried to make it just slightly over-the-top to contrast with the “normal” world. It’s also why the pictures of Emrys and Muiri are less colourful than normal.

That’s a good guess! There still hasn’t been an explanation on why her body does that. Emrys doesn’t, even though he’s pretty powerful himself. So far it’s happened whenever she does anything magical, and whenever she gets -really- upset.
    Rant about magic below. Feel free to ignore. :grimace:
    Healing is pretty iffy, actually. I put it higher on the "scale" after thinking about it for a bit. The easiest to do is natural growth, as wounds heal by themselves - but that means physically aging the whole person just to close a wound. Imagine healing someone's broken leg and boom, 2 to 4 months of their life, gone. :sweat_smile: They probably wouldn't be very happy with that. So you'd have to age one bit, but not others. :neutral:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Healing is pretty iffy, actually. I put it higher on the "scale" after thinking about it for a bit. The easiest to do is natural growth, as wounds heal by themselves - but that means physically aging the whole person just to close a wound. Imagine healing someone's broken leg and boom, 2 to 4 months of their life, gone. :sweat_smile: They probably wouldn't be very happy with that. So you'd have to age one bit, but not others. :neutral:

Aah, that makes a lot of sense!
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    I've become a broken record with how beautiful your pictures are <3

OOH a milestone party! Is it going to be held in Nimueh's realm? Lol that's a lot of picture editing but I can't help it it's gorgeous!

I wouldn't mind a modern day party as well. That'll be awesome to see!

Who is this replacement? Geez I'm so excited for the next part!

I don't think I can visually recover from those pictures to ask more in depth questions. :lol:
    edited August 2020
    @mercuryfoam
    Nooo, recover and ask in-depth questions! I love your story analysises! Analysi? What's the plural of analysis? I have no idea. :sweat_smile:

I think some most practically all of my cast are going to have a minor breakdown if we hold the party there... Nimueh would love it, though :D

Fun fact.. you guys have now officially seen every single person in my banner. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited August 2020
    @ThePlumbob noted that she was interested in these, so I'm posting them in public, in case other people want to see, too. Nimueh's home - the crossroads.
    08-27-20-7-18-04-PM.jpg
    Emrys got there by fairy ring, but in practice, you can get there via any body of water that's large enough to hold a person.

08-27-20-7-18-17-PM.jpg
    08-27-20-7-19-10-PM.jpg
    I tried to give it a stongehenge-like feel. But, y'know, with more magic. :mrgreen:

08-27-20-7-19-45-PM.jpg
    There's a wellspring in the middle that leads somewhere else that I can't name yet because spoilery reasons, yay!

08-27-20-7-19-51-PM.jpg
    That's Nimueh. She's a bit-
    "Get out."
    -intense. OKAYBYEBGUYS

So, yeah. :sweat_smile: This is the second "big" set that I made by myself. I'm low-key proud. :D I tried to make a fire one just for contrast, but, well, everything sorta burned to the ground. Woops.
    J6AKQqX.jpg