Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will The Sims 4 Officially End?

Comments

• doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I think of you look at the age if The TS4 engine and the lack of content this year ( COVID hit the industry) and how upset people have been with a lot of the recent contentI think it can’t really go on much longer. I mean the engine is now out of date there are 2 competitors coming up EA really need a new sims to complete in the market place I understand that the sims could rumble on for years but all good things come to an end and I feel that the sun has set or is setting on the Sims 4 time bring on the Sims 5.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Not sure. I'm thinking they'll go on with TS4 for a while and then start the TS5 rollout late next year.

Sims 4 was announced at the 2013 gamescon on August 21st (just over 7 years ago to this day pretty much, this years gamescon starts in a few days!), and then it was released a year later on the 2nd of September 2014. During that time the last Sims 3 pack (Into the Future) was released and that was it until Sims 4 was out.

I'm expecting a similar rollout for TS5. Sadly I don't see them announcing at this years gamescon next weekend but I'm expecting a similar rollout. An announcement, followed by a gradual release of the last couple Sims 4 packs before the Sims 5 gets officially released.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Still Unsure
    I think it might be a more gradual transition. Eventually the base of the game will need modernization and graphics upgrades.

I do think there's still more in the game to develop. I'd be happier with a gradual transition or rebranding.

Yeah it can be for re-release similar to Grand Theft Auto V. TS4 Can be re-released on PS5 & Xbox Series X
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I think it might be a more gradual transition. Eventually the base of the game will need modernization and graphics upgrades.

I do think there's still more in the game to develop. I'd be happier with a gradual transition or rebranding.

Yeah it can be for re-release similar to Grand Theft Auto V. TS4 Can be re-released on PS5 & Xbox Series X

If they were going to to release it on PS5 and Xbox X, then TS4 would have been listed. But it wasn't. Instead it was TS5.

• SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Still Unsure
    In May we got a tweet from Grant saying that Sims 4 has "mucho mucho years" left when responding to a question about how much longer this game will last. We also recently got a bunch of surveys so I would assume they have plans at least for 3 more years, because they've told us before that they make plans 3 years in advance. So I would guess Sims 4 will last at least until 2023, and after that it really depends on how well it's selling if EA will continue to maintain it or not.

Also, Sims 5 is probably going to be on the next gen of consoles (PS5 and Xbox Series X) and those aren't even out yet. They've done so much work to catch up the Sims 4 console players to the PC version, that it would make sense for them to release Sims 5 on both console and PC at the same time. So not only do we need to wait on Sims 5 to be done, we also need to wait on these consoles to come out. They're coming soon, but expecting Sims 5 to release next year or in 2022 when we currently don't have these consoles yet is unrealistic.
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    Also, Sims 5 is probably going to be on the next gen of consoles (PS5 and Xbox Series X) and those aren't even out yet. They've done so much work to catch up the Sims 4 console players to the PC version, that it would make sense for them to release Sims 5 on both console and PC at the same time. So not only do we need to wait on Sims 5 to be done, we also need to wait on these consoles to come out. They're coming soon, but expecting Sims 5 to release next year or in 2022 when we currently don't have these consoles yet is unrealistic.

Both PS5 and Xbox Series X are slated to be released this Christmas 2020 barring any unforeseen circumstances that would change this!!!

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited August 2020
    Still Unsure
    In February 2025, one quarter century of The Sims and 25th anniversary.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Still Unsure
    I don't know when it will end, but I hope it's not too soon.

I'm still enjoying the game, and I look forward to getting new content. :blush:
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2020
    I really hope it ends this year or next year. Like LGR said in his last Sims video, The Sims 4 has far overstayed its welcome. There are massive flaws at such a deep level, I know there's no way to fix them (mainly relating to autonomy, traits and personality). They've done everything they could do with such a flawed base game, in my opinion. It's time to MOVE ON.

PS: People who really think it still NEEDS more stuff to feel complete don't really understand it's lacking at a core level. You can't patch in depth. That's something that needs to be there at a foundational level and as a design philosophy.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    Naus wrote: »
    I really hope it ends this year or next year. Like LGR said in his last Sims video, The Sims 4 has far overstayed its welcome. There are massive flaws at such a deep level, I know there's no way to fix them (mainly relating to autonomy, traits and personality). They've done everything they could do with such a flawed base game, in my opinion. It's time to MOVE ON.

PS: People who really think it still NEEDS more stuff to feel complete don't really understand it's lacking at a core level. You can't patch in depth. That's something that needs to be there at a foundational level and as a design philosophy.

I agree to some extent; fluffing the game till it breaks is obviously not a good idea. However, I think it's possible to patch in at least some depth. There are a couple of script mods out there that really make a difference and make the Sims themselves truly feel like they have more personality. That proves relatively small modification can freshen up the game. However, that doesn't solve larger problems like traits that don't do anything besides giving more buffs, etc... But yeah, it's flawed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hopefully they can get all the bugs fixed, release the last couple packs by the end 2021. The game has been going on for 6 years, longer than sims 3 or 2 and should be a complete game by this time. Also with everything going on with eco living, I'm not comfortable with adding more until they can fix what players are saying is currently broken . Also there are just some limitations the base of the game has that can be redone that's bothering some players.
    giphy.gif

• Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Still Unsure
    We need vehicles & garages with more bug fixes please.
  • JackPipsamJackPipsam Posts: 115 Member
    They'll keep it going for a couple more years I reckon.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2020
    Wishful thinking end in 2020 so I had to pick 2021. I think that's enough time to announce TS5 or whatever by that time it looks like they would have been working on 'TS5' since 2017 or 2018. If it's a console game first then it won't take as long as a pc version since most of it would be scripted. If it's a tablet game and not a full pc version then it wouldn't even take three years to build a core.

Look at TS4 it was supposedly being developed in 2010 to be released early 2014. That's barely three years even if they didn't have to trash what they had done and start over in 2013.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Still Unsure
    I always get a bit depressed when the developer gives up on a game, especially if I'm enjoying it as I am at present. I didn't much like Sims 3 but felt annoyed when the bugs weren't dealt with before leaving.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    I think the franchise jumped the shark with the Star Wars pack. Clearly they think suggestions for babies, cars, generations, teens that look like teens is not a money maker so they are just doing flashy crap until it all goes up in a dumpster fire.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Still Unsure
    It will end when they think there's better money in a fifth game instead. I would say 2022 is optimistically early to hope for considering the way they've been parsing up content among the packs these days. It'll be ages yet... :/
    edited September 2020
    Simburian wrote: »
    I always get a bit depressed when the developer gives up on a game, especially if I'm enjoying it as I am at present. I didn't much like Sims 3 but felt annoyed when the bugs weren't dealt with before leaving.

When TS5 is released, I wonder how you're going to feel when EA dumps TS4 with the bigger mountain of bugs they haven't fixed and still not have the missing features that have been requested for years. On top of that EA will tear down TS4 in order to sell TS5. So if you think you're depressed and annoyed about TS3 and the state it was left in by EAxis, it's going to be a lot worse for TS4.

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Soon I hope
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    it'll end when Pat Sajak stops hosting "Wheel of Fortune."
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited September 2020
    Still Unsure
    My guess is around 2023, but I can't be sure... I really hope the forthcoming packs are deeper when it comes to the gameplay and features.
    Post edited by gothprincess4ever on
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I think we could see a announcement at the end of the year and I will tell you why people were annoyed with eco living and this is where the problems start Eco living did not sell thar well people are getting bored the Star Wars pack will not sell well People don’t want it so profits will go down if the end of year Stuff pack + next EP also don’t sell and I imagine they won’t EA might get the message Sims 4 is not selling and needs to end so we could see an announcement late next year or early next year.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I voted 2022, but i can also see it lasting almost one year more than that.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Still Unsure
    I think 2023-2024. leaning more towards 2024. I wonder if covid has affected their sales. Probably cheaper to make packs for an existing game than to introduce a completely new series.