Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buying The Sims 2

So, I really wanted TS2. I bought it a few months back on eBay, but it was digital, probably a used origin account. That seller is nowhere to be found 😩 so my question is, is there anywhere else that sells the sims 2 and all it’s expansion packs? Similar to the sims complete collection ? I’m having withdrawals right now lol

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited August 2020
    Just a heads-up to anyone trying to buy the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from online (especially Ebay):

WARNING: DO NOT BUY THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION ON EBAY!!!
    There are numerous listings for The Ultimate Collection on Ebay and they are dirt cheap – usually just a few dollars. When you dig deeper, you find out these are actual Origin accounts being sold with the Ultimate Collection on them. After you pay, you’ll be given a username and password for an Origin account. Many of these are stolen accounts.

Origin WILL figure out this account was stolen and it will be revoked. You will lose your money and the access to the game. Even if the account wasn’t stolen, it’s still against the Terms of Service to sell an account, and will eventually be revoked.

And finally, you can also be scammed by the seller changing the password after selling you the account and re-selling it again. Or even claiming to Origin that YOU hacked the account and getting it back. This is NEVER legit. DO NOT BUY THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION ON EBAY. Only buy the physical disc from reputable sellers who include the CD key and have a picture of the product.

source: https://pleasantsims.com/buy-the-sims-2/

In general a digital version of the Sims 2 was never made so the only trustworthy way to get The Sims 2 is buying the discs.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Maybe EA will re-release TS2 when TS4 ends.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    You can get separate packs on Amazon and Walmart for various pricing. For example the base game is $63 on Amazon and Apartment Life is $78 at Walmart. It would be expensive to get all the packs.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    You can get separate packs on Amazon and Walmart for various pricing. For example the base game is $63 on Amazon and Apartment Life is $78 at Walmart. It would be expensive to get all the packs.

Yes this is why I always recommend retail. We have a Gamestop here that sell used games and you can get the Sims 2 for like 10 bucks.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    If you're on Mac, you can get it from the App Store for $29.99...it's not the full collection; it's called The Super Collection and it comes with Seasons, OFB, Nightlife, Pets, Bon Voyage, University, Happy Holiday Stuff, Family Fun Stuff, and Glamour Life Stuff. I know I've mentioned this in another thread, but that's just because I'm amazed that there is a version of TS2 available for Mac OS.
    If you're on Mac, you can get it from the App Store for $29.99...it's not the full collection; it's called The Super Collection and it comes with Seasons, OFB, Nightlife, Pets, Bon Voyage, University, Happy Holiday Stuff, Family Fun Stuff, and Glamour Life Stuff. I know I've mentioned this in another thread, but that's just because I'm amazed that there is a version of TS2 available for Mac OS.

Sales loss for TS4 on Macs isn't as great as it would be on PCs.

What do you mean?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    edited August 2020

What do you mean?

I'm curious too. I know @ClarionOfJoy never misses a chance to post his views on TS4 but this thread is about purchasing the TS2 Ultimate Collection. 🤔
    TS2 is still available on the Mac which isn't as popular as PC for gaming (it's mostly used for other stuff like image and video creation and editing and office work) so it is safe for EA to offer both TS2 and TS4 for that OS. In PC however, TS4 sales would be noticeably impacted if TS2 were re-released for that OS. It's one of the reasons why they stopped offering The Sims 2 Ultimate Collectionon PC.

Mac users are used to playing PC only games through Windows emulators. I wish someone would create a Mac emulator for PC so people who have PCs and missed out on TS2 can just get TS2 for Mac and play it through the emulator.

PS: I'm female! :)

TS2 is still available on the Mac which isn't as popular as PC for gaming (it's mostly used for other stuff like image and video creation and editing and office work) so it is safe for EA to offer both TS2 and TS4 for that OS. In PC however, TS4 sales would be noticeably impacted if TS2 were re-released for that OS. It's one of the reasons why they stopped offering The Sims 2 Ultimate Collectionon PC.

Mac users are used to playing PC only games through Windows emulators. I wish someone would create a Mac emulator for PC so people who have PCs and missed out on TS2 can just get TS2 for Mac and play it through the emulator.

I am used to playing TS on PC, including TS2. I only started playing on a Mac because I am an editor and use that for editing, as you said lol. I have TS2 Ultimate Collection because of when they gave the game away for free a few years ago. I haven’t been able to play it tho. I might try bootcamp on my iMac.

I am used to playing TS on PC, including TS2. I only started playing on a Mac because I am an editor and use that for editing, as you said lol. I have TS2 Ultimate Collection because of when they gave the game away for free a few years ago. I haven’t been able to play it tho. I might try bootcamp on my iMac.

I heard people use Wine as the Windows emulator for Macs. Not sure if TS2 can be played through that, but worth a try!

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member

Have you tried the TS2 part of the forums? I found many helpful folks who enabled me to get UC running nice and smooth, even on a Win 10 machine. Somebody over there is bound to be able to help you.

Have you tried the TS2 part of the forums? I found many helpful folks who enabled me to get UC running nice and smooth, even on a Win 10 machine. Somebody over there is bound to be able to help you.

No, I haven’t tried over there but that’s a good idea. Thanks!