Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is everyone a klepto suddenly?!

I actually cannot play this game anymore. For some reason, the last few times I have tried to play my sims, friends and neighbours keep stealing stuff! It is constant - even from those without the klepto trait or the recycling one. I spend ages building beautiful homes and venues only for half the furniture to go missing within minutes of starting gameplay.

I have no CC, I've tried clearing the cache and everything. Nothing works. I cannot play the game like this, it is not fun anymore. Just frustrating and annoying.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix??
Origin ID: ExxCee

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020
    Eco Lifestyle have a NAP (Neighborhood Action Plan) which is called sharing is caring. That gives everyone in the neighborhood a buff which causes them to steal things like tables and chairs and destroying community lots.

When a NAP is active in the neighborhood you can remove it by repealing the NAP, either by the voting board or the mailbox. You can remove it immediately by using cheats and shift-clicking on the mailbox. You can also disable NAP voting in the game options but that does not get rid of existing NAPs.

There was a bug which caused all NAPs to apply on everyone but that is supposedly fixed, there is still an issue where the NAP autonomy can get stuck on sims, even played sims. Simvasion fixed it in his mod, and tuned down some other things like sims spamming future cubes and clay.

If you just want to disable the stealing from Sharing is Caring you can use Zero's mod.

• ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Thank you so much. That was really driving me crazy!! Will make sure that is never enabled again.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I just filed another complaint on this issue. EA said the stealing Eco living produced was fixed with the 8/18/20 patch. It was not! Sims that are not even kleptos are stealing everything. Im so sick of this issue. I wish I never installed EL. I can't play with sims stealing counters, sinks and tables. Community lots are getting cleaned out in a matter of mins. I had a sim invite her family over for thanksgiving and they stole over 20+ objects including paintings, counters, end tables, the dishwasher! Such crap. I like to play without money cheats, with this bug it's impossible. FIX THIS PLEASE EA
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    The bugger is I had been using Zeros mod, and actually though EA had patched a real fix for the problem they made and uninstalled it. Silly me. back to relying on mods to make my game playable.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Because there's no police around :D

But seriously I was robbed as well even with all the NAPs off. I turned them off everywhere and when I went to a community lot, a couple of items were missing.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Hasn't this been fixed in the latest Patch(s)?
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Apparently not. My Sims has an option to steal although there's no Sharing is Caring active NAP and she's not even a klepto. As of now, what I did on the households that I'm playing (since I play rotational), I check their active NAPs first. If there's Sharing is Caring, they are all under lockdown. Not even their employees are allowed in.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »

Apparently not. My Sims has an option to steal although there's no Sharing is Caring active NAP and she's not even a klepto. As of now, what I did on the households that I'm playing (since I play rotational), I check their active NAPs first. If there's Sharing is Caring, they are all under lockdown. Not even their employees are allowed in.

Is that an option given in a menu rather that she does it automatically?

I'm with you on the lockdown on homes. It's the first thing I do when I get the tenants in. The next thing is to secure the computers!