Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like the option to Paint the Ceilings? Yea or Nay?

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    How would you apply it in build mode because in build mode you cant see the ceiling

I can. I use TS3’s camera though. Not everybody does, so not many people may feel the need for ceiling tiles.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Yes we do need the option. White ceilings don't look right in a castle or tudor home and if they can do it in Jungle Adventure they can do it to the rest.

Seeing the straw ceiling in one of the above posts, Maxis could show in the difference a fire would make to such a house with a ceiling like that, or the old favourite in the UK, polystyrene ceiling tiles! One of their Gurus, I know, would love to do that!
  • EVANGELlNEEVANGELlNE Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yea.(yes)
    YES. Ceilings need to be painted like the walls. It's especially noticeable when you're on the ground floor looking up through the windows/arches. There it is. The white ceiling. A blemish on your otherwise colorful build. 8'D

The people who voted no must have white walls. ;D
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Yawn. (What? Ceilings?)
    I literally just learned last week how to get a camera angle to even see the ceiling so I don't really care for an option to paint them. Also almost every ceiling in every house I've been in has been white so I guess its still realistic
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I'd use this kind of customization.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Yawn. (What? Ceilings?)
    However, I think It's more important that we have more options with how pre-made apartment buildings are designed in CL and Eco-Lifestyle including in the unchangeable foyer, windows, doors, wall design, light fixtures, and elevator design. Or for example, if players want the building to look more elegant or in a more damaged, dilapidated condition. I think having those options are way more important than being able to paint the ceiling. That said, any extra option when it comes to building is welcomed by me.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Tin ceilings are awesome so is a mirror over the heart shape vibrating bed.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Yes please! Ceilings are a smaller detail, but I agree sometimes really stick out like a sore thumb.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I do, but then again I want mirrors on the ceiling as well like Hotel California. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I'm already using ceiling recolor/texture cc to get rid of the boring white and I'm not a builder. Just want that immersion :)
  • ShaymanthaShaymantha Posts: 769 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    yes definitely need paint ceilings back!!
  • dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Absolutely! Always used it in Sims 3, and creating a dark creepy stone basement with a bright white plaster ceiling doesn't quite work for me...
    Yea.(yes)
    Tin ceilings are awesome so is a mirror over the heart shape vibrating bed.
    Scobre wrote: »
    I do, but then again I want mirrors on the ceiling as well like Hotel California. :)

Oh my I didn't even think of that...
    Interesting to say the least. o:)
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Of course. It feels a little weird when you're in Free Cam mode and you have all of these colourful walls, yet have a plain white flat ceiling.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yea.(yes)
    Definitely want to paint the ceilings, cant make a log cabin with white ceilings.

On the subject of roof and ceilings I've noticed a weirdness involving underground houses. If I am in an underground house with an open courtyard (basement with the ceiling removed, so no ground above there) that is covered with a glass roof, no ceiling obviously, if I'm in camera mode with all the walls up and everything, if I look up the glass roof should be visible and the sky above, but I just see black. Anyone else notice this?
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    TBH a flat white ceiling ONLY make sense in my modern builds with flat white walls. Ancient kyber temple or underground Tatooine homestead, not so much.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    More options is good. None of my TS3 builds felt complete until after the ceiling was done.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I built a nightclub with stone wallpaper and multi levels. Anytime my sims go to bar next to the nightclub I can see white ceiling of lower levels, where stone wallpaper should be.
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Hahaha, yes. So, I'm back on The Sims 3 now — and as soon as I saw the white ceiling of my country house, I just HAD to "paint" it! I squealed because I haven't painted a ceiling in The Sims in forever. I forgot how, but it's very intuitive. You just apply floor tiles onto the ceiling. I chose a wooden pattern. (But in The Sims 3, you can also pick whatever color, pattern and texture you want...) It feels much cozier and natural now.

It shouldn't be too complex for The Sims 4 to code in. The game will feel more complete with the ability to apply ceiling tiles.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    In the UK (could be the same elsewhere, idk), we have varying ceiling styles, some patterned, some bumpy, some brushed and others paint rolled, leaves a different finish and can add to the style of the room.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    very much, for screenshots alone I'd need this.
    I wouldn't even need like 100s of options, but at least the choice between black and white, I've got alot of darker builds and the white ceiling is aweful when visible.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yea.(yes)
    yeah. it especially bothers me in castles,temples,log cabins, gothic builds, those EL containers, basements, attics, mansions... and even just some older houses from another decade

actually it bothers me in about 90% of builds if I really think about it because I don't often build houses with white anything inside them in sims o_O

also for textures they could just use wallpapers we have (and roof textures we have) i saw some mod for that

and it should also be possible to apply under roof not just like flat ceilings cause sometimes cabins have angled ceilings etc
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Yea.(yes)
    Oops. I sneezed and accidentally bumped my own thread.
    How silly of me.

Anyway....since we’re back let’s see how long this will last.

I still need me customizable ceilings....😞
    Please. ❤️

Anyone else? 😇
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I remember back in the olden days, when The Sims 2 was still active, I would be so envious of other players who had all these expansion packs, like Apartment Life. Apartment Life came with ceilings and the ability to paint those ceilings. I downloaded CC ceilings simply because I wanted realism for my storytelling pictures. Of course, when I got The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection back in 2014, my Sims 2 collection was complete.

When I got the Sims 3 base game, I was so happy that I could get ceilings RIGHT IN THE BASE GAME. Though, at the time, I didn't really redesign the ceilings; I just left the ceilings white/blank because that's more realistic in most homes. I later found out that I could tilt the camera a bit and redesign the ceilings, and I likely had Seasons and Pets installed at the time. I'm not sure whether the ability to redesign ceilings is a base game feature or EP feature.

The Sims 4 comes with ceilings as well, which is great! Redesignable ceilings would be even better!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Yea.(yes)

Well that must be a powerful sneeze? You sure you didn't do anything else but sneezed? :p

On topic YES. I play with "Sims3" camera , what is similar to Sims2 camera.

In modern or regular builds it does not bother me, as my own ceiling is white also. But if making something like grungy cellar nightclub, the clean white ceiling is immersion breaker when taking pics at TAB mode.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina