Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5? No thank you!

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited August 2020
    30 millions of players and 200 millions of units sold (basegame + packs). It's about 5 packs per player.

+110 % of new players in 12 months, it makes the half of the community just begin to play to The Sims 4.
    They are not ready to move to a new game.

I guess the goal is now 30 MM x 34 packs = 1 billion of units sold
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Lets be honest. Games are not immortal. Just several games are good on new generations but a lot of series died because new generations were too weak. I trully doubt that TS5 will be soon and also I doubt that TS5 will be a good game. EA destroyed some strong titles that way as SimCity.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    I'm running TS4 with every DLC and a bunch of mods on a laptop and nothing about the engine is breaking for me. There are occasionally bugs, but I think I've had the game crash only once or twice ever, in six years. So I'm not in the camp that thinks the game is falling apart and needs to be replaced with a new version.

Now, if they came out with The Sims 5, I'd probably pick it up ... eventually. The one lesson I learned from TS4 is that maybe wait for a few expansion packs so the game doesn't seem so bare. TS4 was pretty lackluster to begin with, but now aside from some things that either definitely need fixing (skin tones and hair for BIPOC) or should probably be fixed (various issues around not having enough for certain age groups, not having actual telescopes just that big dumb observatory, platforms in build mode, etc.), and things that are more of a wish-list (werewolves, create-a-world, a medieval pack), the game feels ... not complete but not like it's missing big chunks of game that could only be remedied by a new edition.

It's still not where TS2 or TS3 was, and I think too much time has been devoted to very minor aspects of gameplay rather than exploring big concepts (like just doing knitting rather than a full arts & crafts pack, or just vampires instead of a full supernaturals pack) , but I really am not looking forward to going back to a basegame experience, so whenever TS5 comes out, I'll probably wait.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2020
    I think EA will carry on with Sims4 until it's so bloated that the engine they use for it cannot run it any more. I wouldn't be surprised even if a Sims 5 comes out that they will keep a team on to keep adding to Sims 4 ad infinitum .

It's not a case of getting a new game for a new Windows OS like before as Windows 10 is just an evolving OS and they just have to adapt to it. Look how the new Mac OS stopped some people playing further. Sims 5 is probably being set up for online Cloud computing, if not online, so that you can use it on any machine. You have to move with the times. It might even go subscription.

They've learned that all three of the last iterations are still attracting players and fans and could be lucrative with a bit of an overhaul.

On the other hand there are very few Gurus going on Twitter these days. It's gone very quiet and I wonder what they are all up to!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited August 2020
    Well you know once it's announced there's going to be an upheaval from people not wanting it, those that do want it but don't want multiplayer (if that's their plan), those that are demanding this, that, and the other be in the base game etc.

I'm ready for a new version, just because I'm bored with TS4 and the lack of customization we had in other games (being able to edit the world is a biggy for me, the ability to do way with those fake houses, etc), that won't ever be fixed in TS4. No color wheel, what an easy fix for skin tones and hairs to be added from the beginning in TS5, then nobody is feeling excluded. TS3 came with the CASt option and was exceptionally inventive to me, that was absolutely perfect in my eyes, but even in TS2 you had more choices for objects, bed frames and mattresses were different textures, so you might like the frame of one bed but wanted different bedding, you could do that. In TS4 there's often a swatch of the bedding I like but the frame they chose for it doesn't match anything else in my room.

I'm not sure cars will ever come because of the way the worlds are and the lots people have already made, they'd have to redo all of the roads in each world so there's no clipping, there would need to be parking areas, peoples saves would probably break. What about the worlds that have neighborhoods that are separated by water? Would you be stuck to just that neighborhood? Would they have to build a bridge? I just don't see them putting in that much effort at this stage of the game.

Heck we don't even have diving boards. we have jump things (which should have been in the basegame, or absolutely been part of the pool update).

I personally don't see them freeing babies, maybe freeing them to the point they could be attached to another type of object like a changing table or swing, but freeing them like they were an actual sim, I just don't see it happening (although I would love to be proven wrong!).

TS4 has some good things going for it, but it lacks a lot of the stuff that everybody was used to having in other iterations which was standard, which makes people angry and upset that they spent money for the game and packs expecting the same quality from before and becoming disappointing when it's not, so they're ready to move on.

Pool tables is another example, I thought for sure those would come with DU, but it didn't.

I still have faith that EA/Maxis can give us a good base game with TS5.

Loanet wrote: »
    If you're indifferent to the Sims 5 and won't buy it... well, that's another reason EA won't rush to make it. In fact a lot of people feel that way.

There's a lot of loud people who want Sims 5 but I can't imagine Sims 5 attracting more people to the Sims universe. As you said, I see EA cutting and running with Sims 4. They never did say which Sim City would be the last; they just stopped making them.

SimCity 2013 flopped. EA had no reason to keep producing that game. It’s launch was disastrous, and the underlying restrictions on what the game could even do turned long-time players way off. EA then lost out big to Cities Skylines which has a similar aesthetic to SC but more in-depth gameplay/creative tools.

It's a great pity when ardent SimCity4 players just wanted an updated version of the game they loved to play offline with occasional mods and I still love and play it sometimes with an unlimited funds mod. There's a lot of talent there which could have been used to make Sims 4 better. I've got SimCity5 complete but rarely fire it up.

I wouldn't mind an Offline/Online choice, Sims5 which mixed SimCity4, Sims2,3 and Sims4, taking the best bits of each, if the new engine could do it. How about making your own worlds,(some already provided if wanted) large towns and Sims walking/driving freely around in them. If towns/cities were larger I wouldn't mind screens to get to another region but could trade with it as in SimCity 4. A bit of Sid Meirs "Sim Golf" would be gladly accepted!

A good base is what we need and then provide us with the proper building tools and I'd think about buying a Sims 5.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind an Offline/Online choice, Sims5 which mixed SimCity4, Sims2,3 and Sims4, taking the best bits of each, if the new engine could do it. How about making your own worlds,(some already provided if wanted) large towns and Sims walking/driving freely around in them. If towns/cities were larger I wouldn't mind screens to get to another region but could trade with it as in SimCity 4. A bit of Sid Meirs "Sim Golf" would be gladly accepted!

A good base is what we need and then provide us with the proper building tools and I'd think about buying a Sims 5.

My Sims 5 wishlist would be:

1. No online play. Trying to make an online game is what got us the very limited Sims 4 basegame. Offline play will suffer if they try to make it playable on and offline, and online play doesn't work for The Sims for a number of reasons.

2. Keep TS4's CAS and update build mode with stuff like spiral staircases, the ability to put walls right next to foundations and to have terrain change elevation inside a foundation, so you can make walk-out basements and split-levels. But going back to TS3 today after years of playing TS4, man, TS3's CAS is limited.

3. Create-A-World. I think TS2 was the gold standard for that. You couldn't manipulate geography, but you had a lot of different maps to choose from that had roads and water already laid out, then you could place lots anywhere along a road and also add features to the map that would show up in the map view, like rocks, animated clouds or floating hot air balloons, satellite dishes, the gigantic stone head of Will Wright, etc. A CAW system for TS5 where you could do all of that, plus buildings that could be placed that were just shells--so you could decide on the architectural style of your neighborhood based on the buildings you selected, not whatever the designers decided each neighborhood should look like.

4. Ghosts and aliens in basegame. Other supernaturals to be released either in one huge supernatural expansion, or each expansion pack has an individual supernatural that's a part of it. Maybe a nightlife pack includes vampires, the inevitable pets pack includes werewolves, a rural life pack includes plantsims, a medieval pack includes fairies, a tech/work pack includes robots, a generations pack includes imaginary friends, etc. Or maybe playable aliens are part of a space pack. Either way, include switches in the game options to turn off any or all supernaturals.

5. Partially open world. A fully open world would be nice, but I'd also just be happier if I could switch between lots while paused and with minimal loading screens. I don't actually need to be able to use the camera to free roam through the entire world.

6. All life stages available in basegame, and they all have different things to do. In TS4 it feel like there's not a lot to do with toddlers other than ask for attention and relentlessly build skills, children don't have a lot of childish interactions compared to TS2, teens are basically just adults who attend school, young adults are just adults with smoother faces, and elders are just adults who get tired more easily and have a couple of more wrinkles.

7. Wants and fears, and meaningful traits.

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    It's nice to see people who didn't want TS5 at first begin to look forward to it! <3

It's nice to see people who didn't want TS5 at first begin to look forward to it! <3

It would have to be exceptional and be as I suggested as I don't think I'll still be around if it runs for as long as Sims 4!
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

It would have to be exceptional and be as I suggested as I don't think I'll still be around if it runs for as long as Sims 4!

I think TS5 will be a lot better than TS4 and that you'll find things to like about it! I'll try to help you with it if there's gameplay you're not sure how to use!

edited August 2020
    After 14 years of fun with The Sims, I can't imagine me running the rest of my life after The Sims 5 (2025), 6 (2036), 7 (2047), 8 (2058), 9 (2069), 10 (2080), ...
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    After 14 years of fun with The Sims, I can't imagine me running the rest of my life after The Sims 5 (2025), 6 (2036), 7 (2047), 8 (2058), 9 (2069), 10 (2080), ...
    18 years for me and 23 for Maxis games. *Feels old*.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Haha no I'll probably be done with 4. I love 4, I'll just keep playing it as long as I can... BUT with that said, using your time frame, if I'm still playing Sims at age 97 maybe I'll invest in Sims 10 just for the heck of it :p
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    I think if they ever stop working on ts4 we wont get ts5, bc they will focus more on sims mobile, sims mobile is such a money cow and ea love it
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    edited September 2020
    ElectraRai wrote: »
    I think if they ever stop working on ts4 we wont get ts5, bc they will focus more on sims mobile, sims mobile is such a money cow and ea love it

I'm sure EA will work on Sims 5 after they stop making Sims 4. After all,when they stopped making Sims 1,they still made Sims 2 When they stopped aming Sims 2,they still made Sims 3. I don't think EA wants to lose money and customers just by focusing more on Sims Mobile and not even making Sims 5.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    ElectraRai wrote: »

The Sims mobile is managed by a part of EA in Europe. For what I understand the US team, making the base games, isn't working on the Sims mobile.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2021
    And the Sims 5 Team have been hired - or more accurately, they've put out job applications for people who MIGHT be used to program a game like Sims 5 - and people are already presuming that these people are complete ninjas and will have it out by the end of next year and that it will STILL be the best Sims Game even if only like, 18 months is spent on it.

Read my two-year-old post, and see that with my amazing psychic abilities, I predicted Microtransactions. Am I not just so amazing?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited March 2021
    I predict a Roblox-like (Revenue : $2 billion in October 2020).

Maxis will provide the engine and the players will create the game and the packs.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Maxis will provide the engine and the players will create the game and the packs.

That sounds terrible, but wouldn't surprise me. That would be the day I leave this franchise completely.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited March 2021

That...that actually sounds probable omg. Mods are already carrying TS4.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

If the engine gives players the ability to create literally anything they want, new cas and BB objects, new worlds, the ability to create traits/aspirations, etc. then I would actually love this to the moon and back, give players the ability to quite literally make their own game. And then an updated gallery to share and download all of these creations. I'm tryna manifest this into reality.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    If they release The Sims 5 and keep on developing packs for The Sims 4 like TS FreePlay and Mobile , it's fine.

But if they leave TS4 incomplete, it would make me furious.

Now with kits just starting, makes me wonder if the sims 4 will carry on like freeplay, when the sims 5 comes a long.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited March 2021
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    the rioting and theft in the second trailer B)

if only the sims 3 was like that :'(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon