Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Darkest Gameplay Stories

2...Next

Comments

• GraniteFallsLover123GraniteFallsLover123 Posts: 26 Member
    It's not that dark but my friend and I had our self sims living together and then we adopted a bunch of children but we didn't want them to mess up our mansion so we made them their own suite in the sub-basement and locked them in their all the time. They had a kitchen and a even a pool, and eventually we added secret passage so they could sneak out, so I don't think they actually had it too bad, but the neighbours were probably confused.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Two words: "Nuclear Cataclysm."
    Screenshot-127_nuke2.jpg
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Screenshot-49.jpg
    Screenshot-1024.jpg
    When you can tailor your environment to your story...it can get real dark real quickly.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I love the dark Armageddon Nuke.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My gameplay is pretty light and fluffy, but I do have a character who is addicted to bubble blowing.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had an apocalypse challenge in TS2 about my sims comiing to what what was known as the new world in 1525 to escape from being displaced after the war to drive the invading turkish forces from Europe ended.
    I've also got another apocalypse challenge planned in TS2 about Europe having a famine and Economic breakdown after a volcanic Eruption in Asia upset the weather patterns and brought the war to drive the invading Turkish forces from Europe to an early end before Constantinople was freed.It's about settlers being sent over to the new world in 1520 to survive the winter to see if a colony could be started over there.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • wingweaver84wingweaver84 Posts: 81 Member
    Not really all *that* dark but I put my Sims 3 family in a house with no corners,every single wall had mirrors and there were no windows. The son spent his entire time in his room until school age,his only companion being his imaginary friend. His parents went nutso with the mother spending her entire existence writing,writing,writing and the father working to create a potion to bring the imaginary friend to life before he succumbed to the madness. All the while I would have university students move in as housemates and would lock them in a room and kill them. The graves piled high. Eventually the mother was turned to gold through the Philosopher's Stone and the son would wonder who the statue in the garden was modeled after.
    A friendly reminder that Project Rene has not yet been confirmed as Sims 5.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    I usually try to make my Sims happy, unless for research/experiment reasons...
    But I remember once when The Sims 3 was still quite new, I decided I wanted to try to have Grim Reaper and my Sim to have a romantic relationship. Let's just say that experiment required a lot of NPCs visiting my house and having 'accidents' that ended with them dying.

ahah like what this game is full of mysteries and surprises @EA_Mai
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    When I was a kid, I'm pretty sure I had a story where the mayor, or the mayor's wife (I forget who was who) was kidnapped and cloned. When poor Jeffrey Socialite went to rescue his wife, he found 7 identical Mariah Carey sims and then the mad scientist fellow who had done it.

In the Sims 2, I ran a psuedo-medieval neighborhood with mods, so that flu could kill sims, and only nuns could make Grandma's Comfort Soup, the cure for the flu. It was highly contagious, so it regularly ran through the neighborhood and destroyed family lines. I had SEVERAL cemeteries in that neigborhood. :D
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    In TS2 I play for realism and my darkest sim moments are a bit too dark to tell in this forum--let's just say that one of my realistic mods surprised me and almost made really cry for my sim's loss. However, I have a couple safe for a family-friendly board dark stories:
    • a Nanny once was burnt to death in front of the toddler, and I had nothing to do with that--was pretty shocked by it, actually.
    • I trapped the burglar in a 1 tile wall made it suffer for a couple days, and then before it could die of starvation, my sim came outside and shot it with a cc gun and then sold the urn. What made it dark was that later my sim got a want to see the burglar's ghost :smirk:
    • A couple affairs and broken marriages that ended pretty badly and broke a couple of my sims
    • There was a homeless child story, the mother was a neglectful parent and an addict and she died of a drug overdose right after the child became a teen. The child lived downtown next to a public bathroom and ate from the trash. While Marsha Bruenig turns out OK, her childhood was pretty dark. I reckon not everyone hijacks a Maxis townie child and grows her up that way :sweat_smile: I got the idea because she would randomly call my sims at 2 in the morning, and I thought to myself, what would make a kid call a house that late and figured it would be another "mum's gone or in jail again can you help me?" kind of call.

For the most part though, no matter how dark my stories get, I try to give my playable sims a good life in the end and whatever obstacles they have just shapes them into stronger families or more capable sims.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Recently i had a vampire kill his own human wife by drinking deeply from her (i use a mod that does this). After mourning, he started the fireplace. After a few minutes, the fireplace was on fire and the vampire died there. Sinister 😮😊