Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Beautiful work with Cliffside Cottage, love the pink and aqua theme throughout and the outdoor areas are superb, I can almost hear the water splashing into the pool :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @Sandraelle

Your latest build is awesome and I thank the requester too because for some reason when I do feel like playing in starlight shores I have always thought creator builds can be difficult to find so this latest edition of your builds is great for that world. I love your inspiration photos who would not want to live there-) and your vision of that inspiration means sims can be very happy living in that wonderful home :) I love the way you always manage to add beautiful features/touches to all your builds that add to the overall feel of that lot and which world it belongs in. Download and rec :)

Thank you so much for your lovely detailed comments @SPARKY1922 , I hope you're able to play it in 🐸🐸🐸🐸. :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Cliffside Cottage is a very beautiful family cottage! :) You have reflected the inspiration home so very well! Very lovely exterior design and roofing, and beautiful interior furnishings, blue color, very nice layout! The wallpaper looks so much like inspiration home wallpaper! Very lovely outside areas! Very pretty flower beds! Very lovely pool, hot tub, waterfall, loungers patio! It is very nice that there is a greenhouse for growing plants indoors. The interior open plan layout and furnishing of the kitchen, living and dining areas is very nice! Very beautiful bedroom designs! Very lovely curtains, colors and patterns! Very nice basement games and gym areas.
    It is a lovely home for a sims family :)

Thank you for always making it a point to visit our creation threads and you always notice all the little details and give such lovely comments. Appreciate your suport so much @rosemow! :)
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Cliffside Cottage is totally adorable Sandy! I love the blue carried throughout and the fresh vibe in this home. The nursery came out so well and I love how you decorated the girls bedroom. Well done!

@soocoolsim , thank you very much Paula! There was a light green version of this house and I was happy she chose the blue version. I hope the nursery came out a bit better than my original version, lol. :) I first had the horizontal striped wall the brown and pink and decided less brown was better, lol. :smiley:
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    I'm in love with your Cliffside Cottage @Sandraelle, the colors are some of my favorites, super wonderful and beautiful..
  • Options
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    I'm in love with your Cliffside Cottage @Sandraelle, the colors are some of my favorites, super wonderful and beautiful..

@BreeMiles, Thank you very much Bree! I had inspiration photos to emulate, so I may not have done some of those colors or patterns myself, lol (especially in the bathrooms, but I think I got it as close as I could with what we have to work with). Thanks again and thanks for stopping by!:smiley:
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited July 2020
    Great work on Cliffside Cottage. Your re-creation of a real life home looks great.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Sandraelle Your cottage is so charming with its pretty colors, so much like the inspiration pics. The backyard and pool area is just great. Love the wallpapers in the bathrooms, and that striped wall in the girls' room works really well.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Thank you very much @60smusicluvr and @suzses. Very glad that you like the house! :)

Well crapola!!....I just noticed that the roof wall above the front porch accidentally got wallpapered over - it's supposed to be the shaker shingle wall, just like the roofing part above the garage. I hate when I do stuff like that! LOL Just wanted to explain, in case anyone was wondering why it wasn't like that, especially because the inspiration house was that way. :#:#:#:|
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Beautiful Cliffside Cottage! It fits very well in Starlight Shores. Beautiful soft colors as well <3
  • Options
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    Well crapola!!....I just noticed that the roof wall above the front porch accidentally got wallpapered over - it's supposed to be the shaker shingle wall, just like the roofing part above the garage. I hate when I do stuff like that! LOL Just wanted to explain, in case anyone was wondering why it wasn't like that, especially because the inspiration house was that way. :#:#:#:|

:D I know I've definitely made mistakes like that, even when I check everything again and again.
  • Options
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    Beautiful Cliffside Cottage! It fits very well in Starlight Shores. Beautiful soft colors as well <3

Thank you @AIRIS6962 , Yes, I thought that lot too with the ocean in the distance was a good pick for this house. :)
    Sandraelle wrote: »

:D I know I've definitely made mistakes like that, even when I check everything again and again.

@60smusicluvr , yep, lol, and sometimes the more you look at stuff the more you glaze over it because you've looked at it so much. :)
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Cliffside Cottage is gorgeous! Love the colors of the sand and the beach that you used!
  • Options
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Cliffside Cottage is gorgeous! Love the colors of the sand and the beach that you used!

Thanks @romagi! I fiddled with the coloring of the wood floor so much, as it's hard for me to do light wood sometimes. Glad you like the colors. :)
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    stunning cottage <3
  • Options
    illusie wrote: »
    stunning cottage <3

Thank you so much @illusie!! <3
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    THE QUEENSLANDER (circa 1910)
    30x30 residential lot built in Starlight Shores on 114 Foothill Drive
    8/22/2020

~ PICTURES
    ~ DOWNLOAD

This was a DNA request from @rottingfruit to build a Queenslander style house, traditionally found in Queensland, Australia, and for it to fit in with the early 1900's era for their story line. The home is decorated in all pastels, per the request, with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. The two main bedrooms are in the front on either side of the entrance hall, with the little girl's bedroom off the living room/dining area. The kitchen and bathroom are detached from the house and can be accessed via the veranda (per the provided floor plan). Not too much outdoors, besides a work shed and a garden.

To see the request, click here.

WCGqSxi.jpg

Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

A totally adorable home Sandy. The decor is darling, especially the bedrooms and lots of charming detail inside and out. Love the touch with the basket btw. This home must have involved a lot of research. It looks great. Well done! 🌟 🌸
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The Queenslander is a very lovely home! :) Very nice exterior design, and pretty colour! The fenced gardening area is very nice! The interior furnishings are very lovely! It looks so warm and homely! Very beautiful colours of each room and the wall patterns are very nice! You have reflected the inspiration floor plan very well! Very nice white kitchen wall tiling and pretty floral wallpaper. Very lovely bedrooms!
    The photos aren’t appearing when I click the pictures link, but I looked on the Sims 3 gallery and saw the pictures of your lovely home :)
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    A totally adorable home Sandy. The decor is darling, especially the bedrooms and lots of charming detail inside and out. Love the touch with the basket btw. This home must have involved a lot of research. It looks great. Well done! 🌟 🌸

@soocoolsim, Thanks Paula. You would not believe how many different colors and patterns I tried before settling on the bedrooms, lol. I thought a knitting basket next to the sofa would be a nice touch for this era, lol. :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    The Queenslander is a very lovely home! :) Very nice exterior design, and pretty colour! The fenced gardening area is very nice! The interior furnishings are very lovely! It looks so warm and homely! Very beautiful colours of each room and the wall patterns are very nice! You have reflected the inspiration floor plan very well! Very nice white kitchen wall tiling and pretty floral wallpaper. Very lovely bedrooms!
    The photos aren’t appearing when I click the pictures link, but I looked on the Sims 3 gallery and saw the pictures of your lovely home :)

@rosemow, Thanks Rose! Sorry about the pictures not showing up, they seem ok on my end. I don't normally use so many floral patterns in my houses, but that seems to be what the wallpaper was like back in those days, lol. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Super cute house. I love the use of the archways for the foundation in the front.
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Very beautiful house <3 I love the colour you choose for the exterior
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Love the pastels, inside and out, in this pretty home. I really like the mid-house porch area that's a little private and shaded and sets the kitchen and bath off from the rest of the house. The ground-level work area near the garden is a nice touch, too.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top